• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Not sure how they will retool to build a completely different platform vehicle once S750 starts production in just a few days though....
why wouldn't they have a 2nd assembly line elsewhere?
On second thought, maybe GE2.2 is so designated because they tweaked GE2.1 to use current S550/650 hard-points. So the retooling is basically zilch.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Yeah I've seen a few normal GTs when I'm on 94.

They were dirty though, blend right in with normal traffic if you didn't know what you were looking at.

I DID just see some new rangers and a ranger raptor. It didn't have stickers yet, definitely gonna be hard to justify the price tag.
I thought they were mavericks at 1st.

Blueberrystang2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT manual
There were Mach 1 HPs latest to be built? That's surprising. I read somewhere dealers where unable to select the HP option when placing an order for 23' Mach 1s. Even 23' Mach 1s were surprising, highly doubt any HPs will be built anymore. It's all about the Dark Horse now.
At the dealership I work at we just had the last two Mach 1’s be built just waiting on shipping. I’m pretty sure the production of the 23’s are coming to an end very soon. And the banks will open up after maybe 2 weeks after an option/price sheet rolls out my prediction.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
So assuming this report is the real deal, is it likely we'll see an S750 reveal some time in 2028 (2029 at the absolute latest)?

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Auto Forecast Solutions are legit. Their information has been correct in the past and I have no reason to doubt this latest intel. Where they get that intel though, I have no idea.

That being said, plans change, so take all of this with a pinch of salt.

https://www.autoforecastsolutions.com/

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
why wouldn't they have a 2nd assembly line elsewhere?
On second thought, maybe GE2.2 is so designated because they tweaked GE2.1 to use current S550/650 hard-points. So the retooling is basically zilch.
If anything, I'd imagine it would be the other way around. D5/S650 hard points go all the way back to S197......GE2 is the current Mach E, so going forwards any hard points would reflect the newer platform.

However, given GE2/GE2.1/GE2.2 is/will be a "skateboard" EV platform, I'm guessing hard points are no longer a thing, given Ford will be apply to drop a new "top hat" (effectively the body) on to it.

One reason Flatrock is underutilised is that it cannot accommodate taller vehicles, so Mustang is all that currently fits. I believe it's a height restriction near the paint booth area. So, it would make sense that a low slung S750 coupe is built at Flatrock still.

Of course, they could do a major refit at the plant or move S750 elsewhere. Keep an ear out for future UAW contract discussions as the future of the plants is usually outlined here. There were rumors Flatrock was for the chopping board, but it got a stay of execution when it was agreed S650 would be built there.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
Offtopic but interesting nevertheless is that the current F150 Lightning will run for less than 4 years after which apparently a new generation will already appear with a new platform.

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
There were rumors Flatrock was for the chopping board, but it got a stay of execution when it was agreed S650 would be built there.
If Flat Rock gets the chop I'm going to miss the current Mustang's VIN sequence (x51..., x53..., x55...). I don't know why but I just really like that ordering. Made it unique, especially on the Shelbys and M1 using x55. No other Ford product has used the 5 factory code since the Fusion and the Continental.

On another note, I personally am excited to see what ends up happening with the CX799 Mach E. I'm curious to see if it'll be an actual coupe or an SUV "coupe". It might even be our first sneak preview at the S750.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
If Flat Rock gets the chop I'm going to miss the current Mustang's VIN sequence (x51..., x53..., x55...). I don't know why but I just really like that ordering. Made it unique, especially on the Shelbys and M1 using x55. No other Ford product has used the 5 factory code since the Fusion and the Continental.

On another note, I personally am excited to see what ends up happening with the CX799 Mach E. I'm curious to see if it'll be an actual coupe or an SUV "coupe". It might even be our first sneak preview at the S750.
It'll be a SUV based coupe... Just look at Audi, BMW or Mercedes how they did their coupe versions of CUV/SUV based vehicles... They look aweful and I think BMW started it with its pathetic X6 back in the day...

However, there is an ever growing marked for these cars so you bet Ford will jump on that train as well. I think it's also stated that it will be a "Mach-E based" coupe so...

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Yeah I've seen a few normal GTs when I'm on 94.

They were dirty though, blend right in with normal traffic if you didn't know what you were looking at.

I DID just see some new rangers and a ranger raptor. It didn't have stickers yet, definitely gonna be hard to justify the price tag.
I thought they were mavericks at 1st.
Next time, please take a video and share with the class

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT with Premium and Track Package
Hopefully, sodium-ion battery technology or some other chemical union will have replaced lithium by the time the S-750 debuts.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue 301A, PP2, Active Exhaust, Recaro's
When I first starting getting quotes on a 23 M1 they couldn't choose the handling pack. When I placed my order they were able to choose it at that time. Maybe Ford has some option to build the cars but just not install the HP wheels and tires?
Sponsored