• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 Production

TV963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT (On Order)
Ford Authority reports S650 production of 563 in May, 2682 in June and 4349 in July. Almost 7600 S650s sitting around someplace.
Sponsored

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
"Produced"

By end of month we'll take 10k cars all waiting to get shipped out. It's going to take a very long time to get all those cars out of those staging lots. Not looking good.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
All the horses need to be gathered together before a stampede can begin.

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
They way I read it is with the redesign there are far too many assembly errors coming off the line. Rather than have a recall right at the start, they are keeping them at the factory and going over each one with a fine tooth comb to ensure what is delivered will be as perfect as possible. This problem will fade away as the line gets more experience with the new model and they can do their job faster without errors.
Personally I prefer it that way having heard and seen some of the crummy workmanship that came of the assembly line before the Japanese force Detroit to clean up their act. I heard of them suspending a coke bottle in a car door to create a difficult to locate knock when driving the car. My 96 had surprisingly few problems from the factory. There was a hood delamination problem recall, a engine control module reprogram and unfortunately a intake manifold failure from running the cooling water through it. I have had to replace two of them out of warranty but Ford knows about the problem and the current design keeps the water out of the of the intake manifold. Yes there has been other maintenance but it was due to normal wear and tear instead of design errors or poor workmanship.

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
"Produced"

By end of month we'll take 10k cars all waiting to get shipped out. It's going to take a very long time to get all those cars out of those staging lots. Not looking good.
September will see lots cars shipped. It’s usually the time all manufacturers bring out their vehicles. I hope I’m correct 👍

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
My GT is set to go into production on 08/18. Hopefully by then Ford would have started shipping the already built ones.

OP
OP

TV963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT (On Order)
My GT is 18th also. NP, black roof. Fingers crossed.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
They way I read it is with the redesign there are far too many assembly errors coming off the line. Rather than have a recall right at the start, they are keeping them at the factory and going over each one with a fine tooth comb to ensure what is delivered will be as perfect as possible. This problem will fade away as the line gets more experience with the new model and they can do their job faster without errors.
Personally I prefer it that way having heard and seen some of the crummy workmanship that came of the assembly line before the Japanese force Detroit to clean up their act. I heard of them suspending a coke bottle in a car door to create a difficult to locate knock when driving the car. My 96 had surprisingly few problems from the factory. There was a hood delamination problem recall, a engine control module reprogram and unfortunately a intake manifold failure from running the cooling water through it. I have had to replace two of them out of warranty but Ford knows about the problem and the current design keeps the water out of the of the intake manifold. Yes there has been other maintenance but it was due to normal wear and tear instead of design errors or poor workmanship.
Watch a recall happens in the first 6 months or 1 yr still even after keeping the cars this long. Lol I will say instead of 4 recalls, there might just be a 1 or 2 given their reputation. However, I think these cars have to be released eventually to see how they hold up. Then you can make further adjustments. But honestly that's the ultimate true test for all those cars sitting there. It is hard to find an issue with a car without putting alot of miles on it. Then if you have it sitting for months, that does not help because now that problem might not appear again. So ugh it's a fine line but at some point they have to release the cars. If that number hits 20k. That means Ford has no faith in the car to release.

OP
OP

TV963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT (On Order)
Ford stock has not done particularly well lately. Next quarter ends 9/30. While a drop in the bucket compared to total sales, they will need to get those sales on the books.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Buddy of mine working in Dearborn and Detroit says there have been A LOT of haulers loaded with 650s rolling around the last few days.
Sponsored