• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
That would be awesome, but he's out of his mind if he thinks Ford is raising the base price of the GT by $10k šŸ˜‚ that would be a 25% increase!

I see the argument he's trying to make about it being the only new V8 option out, but if they were going to try to sell the GT as this exclusive option, they would have done more to make the Ecoboost an attractive alternative
I agree, he is way off on the GT base price. Im thinking 40k. Loaded 55k. DH 62K base, i think he is spot on for DH high end, 72k loaded, 80k with CF wheels.

Super excited about the second Jan 14th date. I hope it's true. Someone leak the order guide!
Sponsored

Last edited:

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Did the Tuber cite a different source for the January 14 date? If not, then we are still in the same boat.

I agree, he is way off on the GT base price. Im thinking 40k. Loaded 55k. DH 62K base, i think he is spot on for DH high end, 72k loaded, 80k with CF wheels.

Super excited about the second Jan 14th date. I hope it's true. Someone leak the order guide!

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Did the Tuber cite a different source for the January 14 date? If not, then we are still in the same boat.
Yeah he said his dealer

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Did anyone else reach out to their dealers and got a similar answer?

Maybe even in Europe? Although I doubt they have half the 'information' we have atm...
Maybe @Zach@Granger knows something?

Zach@Granger

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
Maybe @Zach@Granger knows something?
We have 1 last month of 2023 orders to get scheduled. We just received the allocation and it lines up with the production timeline posted previously. We' have allocation for 15 Mach 1s to get scheduled still. Handling package may be the only restriction.

January 14th would be plausible. I haven't heard anything concrete. The order guide isn't released quite yet.

Zach

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
https://fordauthority-com.cdn.amppr...mustang-production-to-end-by-2030-report/amp/

I don't know to what extend this information is true or not. Funny to see that Job 1 of S650 has not started yet and they are already looking when Gen 7 will be terminated lol

They're quoting the exact same source as I did in the original post :)

This info is usually gained from Ford's suppliers. Ford will be putting contracts in place for parts given known production dates. That's not to state this can't or won't change in the future, so take ALL of this with a grain of salt.

Spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Boxster GTS
I find it very hard to believe Ford can already know the SOP and EOP for the next generation of Mustang ("S750") that has yet to be even conceived/designed.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I find it very hard to believe Ford can already know the SOP and EOP for the next generation of Mustang ("S750") that has yet to be even conceived/designed.
Manufacturing timelines are set first. Products come afterwards. Thatā€™s the way it works. I worked for a global manufacturer for 24 years.

Goz63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT on order
The original post seems to be off. On another thread here we have people with scheduled build dates as far out as 3 April for a 2023. The original post had 28 Feb a EOP date of 23ā€™s. The other thread has production start of S650 as 11 April which is much mere plausible with S550ā€™s still in production on 3 April. Maybe they wonā€™t be scheduling the builds after February but build dates are definitely going longer. By The Way that 3 April build was for an ecoboost not a Mach 1. So if they have already changed the S550/650 dates I wouldnā€™t put any stock in S750 data at the moment.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
The original post seems to be off. On another thread here we have people with scheduled build dates as far out as 3 April for a 2023. The original post had 28 Feb a EOP date of 23ā€™s. The other thread has production start of S650 as 11 April which is much mere plausible with S550ā€™s still in production on 3 April. Maybe they wonā€™t be scheduling the builds after February but build dates are definitely going longer. By The Way that 3 April build was for an ecoboost not a Mach 1. So if they have already changed the S550/650 dates I wouldnā€™t put any stock in S750 data at the moment.
These are never hard dates. They are always fluid due to all the variables that go into the manufacturing process.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Since S650 uses quite a lot of S550 stuff they might built them simultaneously? I doubt it though but that might be an option for a limited time period ā€“ maybe a week or two?! Besides, if sales/deliveries of S650 start around summer (July?) they have a good two to three months to produce those carsā€¦ If they can pump out 10000 cars a month then thatā€™s 30000 cars until deliveryā€¦ Sales will probably be strong in the first couple of month but I doubt that Ford will have any big issues delivering those cars. The good part of a ā€˜refreshā€™ is that retooling and worker practice doesnā€™t need as long as it would need with a completely new car.

As for S750 EOP I doubt that any of those dates as set in stoneā€¦ I actually doubt that they have made any final decision on the S750ā€¦ Ford should be making final decision around the S650 refresh in 2025 at the moment but regarding S750 I doubt that they have finalized anything yet. Electric? Yes but will it be the only electric option?
Unfortunately I think that Ford will carry on the S650 for as long as there is a market or will release yet another ā€˜all new Mustangā€™ in 2029/30 that is again a refresh of the S650. Since electric vehicles require a completely different assembly line I doubt that any electric Mustangs will be built at FlatRock nor that any non-electric Mustangs will be built outside of Flatrock. If I had to make those decisions based on numbers I would go down that routeā€¦

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
Since S650 uses quite a lot of S550 stuff they might built them simultaneously?
From what I read that has always been the plan, they phase in S650 production at some point while still building the remaining orders for S550. The only question is at what date this exactly starts.

All pre-production S650 cars that are currently running around were most likely built on the S550 line. Remember until 2020 they built Ford Fusions and later Lincoln Continentals on the same line as S550 as well. The Flat Rock plant has always been equipped to handle multiple car types. This goes all the way back to the 90's when they built Probes, Cougars and Mazda 626. And since S650 is basically a glorified second facelift of S550 anyway mixed production is easy peazy for Flat Rock.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
And since S650 is basically a glorified second facelift of S550 anyway mixed production is easy peazy for Flat Rock.
I wonder if we'll see bloopers like S650 dash in a S550. And vis-a-versa. I have it on good authority the school of the blind that staffs the final assembly QA positions can't tell the difference.
Sponsored