• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ford and Lincoln versions of the S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco, Audi S5 Cabriolet
Here is what I would like to see for the S650:

1. Power options:
A. Ecoboost
B. Hybrid/all wheel drive
C. 5.0 V8
D. All electric/all wheel drive

2. Transmission options:
A. Auto and 6-speed for all ICE and hybrid engine options
B. 6-speed and DCT for ALL special models such as Shelby, Mach 1, Boss, and Bullit.

3. Interior options:
A. Glass roof option for all models
B. Soft-touch surfaces, please. No more cheap, hard black plastic interiors.
C. More options for lighter colored interiors. Enough of the all black tomb. At least, install a lighter color headliner like what is found in the Titanium Fusion et al.
D. Versions of this car north of $60,000 deserve a TRUE sport interior. See Audi S and RS models for how-to-do-it correctly (except for their chintzy visors).
E. Sync 4 and a 12" screen. Over-the-air updates.

4. Exterior options
A. Rear spoiler delete option on ALL models. I want a current Mach 1 HP for the wheels. That giant wing is too much.
B. All paint colors available on special trims. 2021 has no Carbonized Gray on Mach 1 but available on Ecoboost, GT, and GT500. Silly.

5. The Lincoln version. Come up with some catchy name that fits the Navigator/Aviator theme that suggests the refined speed of a luxury GT.
A. Exterior:
1. Channel the spirit of the Maserati GT or Aston Martin DB11. The proportions and shape of the mustang are a good place to start.
2. Stretch it a little so there is a touch more rear seat space.
3. It shouldn't look too much like a mustang so NO shared body panels or glass. Maybe the windshield.
4. Make it achingly beautiful! Which means no fakery in scoops, vents, decals, etc. It shouldn't have a giant Lincoln truck grill. PLEASE!

B. Interior:
1. Fine materials like sumptuous leather, wood, aluminum, wool carpets, etc. done up in themes. See Lincoln Black Label.
2. High-end sound system and lots of sound deadening.

C. Power:
1. Hybrid
2. V8 with a refined exhaust system. This isn't a mustang.
3. Electric
Sponsored

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rapid Red 401A PP1 A10 Magneride
Make Magneride standard across the Lincoln version. I'm a waving- hands-touch-the-screen-late-night-TV-evangelist for that suspension, for the revolution in NVH and ride quality I am experiencing on my 2020 PP1 vis Ă  vis my former 2015 PP. Heck, make it a stand alone option across the entire S650 platform variants.

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
If a Lincoln comes into existence, I would like to see the following

• More power than a standard mustang GT, but there may be special editions that have more. That's fine. I see these as similar to the Bullit/Mach 1 power numbers over the GT.
  • A V8.
  • Hybrid and Full on electric versions. For the Electric, 400+ miles between charges, and 80 percent charge in 30 minutes or less (preferably 20)
    • 480-500 HP for the V8, 400 or so for a 6 hybrid.
    • Full electric can out perform the V8 or not, but it would be a good way to showcase electric performance
  • RWD/AWD. NO FWD
  • Good acceleration.
  • Good grip
  • I like the idea of mangneride, or some other adjustable on-the-fly suspension. Full on sport mode to super cushy depending on how the driver's back feels.
  • Make it a personal cruiser, ideal for 1 or 2, but stretch the vehicle and raise the roofline to make room for the occasional couple in the back seat as well.
    • Make it a cockpit like feel.
  • Coupe and 4 door grande coupe options. Keep them styled similarly.
  • Improved interior, but ford is not BMW 5 series level. For the Lincoln, it should be as good as any other Lincoln.
  • Supportive seats that are good for a long drive. It should be supportive enough to enjoy the handling, but not so snug or firm that you feel every single crack in the road. The old SuperCoupe seats are a good place to start, or take a look at the seats in the current m550.
  • Refined exhaust note. I don't need to wake my neighbors up when I start my car, much less the people a block down the street. My car should not be louder than the engine on my boat when I am de-winterizing it in my driveway. Some mustangs are. (and that's ok for a mustang, not a Mark XI or XII, or whatever they call it)
  • Reliable.
  • 60-80k depending on packaging
  • Ideal car for a V series/M series performance version that can top 100+k (super charged/turbo charged V8, etc, - maybe call it the LSC series?)
  • No fake scoops/vents/etc. If you want to have them, make them real and make them functional.

Last edited:

fpvfan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 mustang GT
Ford could be at a really interesting point here with this new S650 vehicle. Especially with the possibility of it being on the CD6 platform or whatever version of the current mustang platform mixed with CD6 platform parts. Ford has a plethora of powertrain options that it could use for this upcoming vehicle in both Ford and Lincoln trims in full ICE and hybrid configurations. There have been beautiful renderings all over the internet of Mustang-based Cougars, which honestly would be a great idea for the new S650 car as a coupe/gran-coupe performance vehicle for Lincoln. With a body language to rival that of the BMW M8 coupe and gran-coupe, the Lincoln version could move forward with not only the 494hp 3.0L Hybrid Cougar GT-E, but also a 700+hp variant of the GT Supercar version of the 3.5L Ecoboost and a 550hp version of the the now gone 5.2L FPC V8 Voodoo engine from the GT350 in a two-tier Cougar Eliminator package with the Eliminator GT being powered by the 5.2L FPC V8 and the Eliminator XR7-G being powered by the supercar Ecoboost powertrain. The higher price tag of the Lincoln badge would give reason for these higher end engines backed by DCT transmissions, performance AWD, Large Brembo brakes, luxurious interiors, and other things. The Mustang would still live on with a 495hp 5.0L V8and a 550hp 5.0L Hybrid V8 along with a 420hp 3.0L Ecoboost and the supercharged 5.2L V8 along with a base 2.3L Ecoboost pushing 350hp/350tq. The 10-speed auto and 10-speed hybrid auto should be available along with a DCT for the top end Mustang which should be named Cobra. It would be nice if Ford dropped the Shelby name altogether and just went with GT, Mach 1 and Cobra along with an entry-level Mustang ST, which would be powered by the 420hp 3.0L Ecoboost. Offering these two cars at roughly the size of the Challenger & Charger allows for more comfort along with performance, similar to how the BMW 5-series and BMW 8-series are still formidable performance cars. Would love to see the Explorer and Aviator really kick up the performance and go after the Durango SRT392 and Jeep SRT-392 as well.

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Okay, here's my two cents:

For the S650 Mustang:
  • Exterior: Keep most of the design from the S550 but update it with a few Mach-E styling cues. Kind of like the sculpture revealed a while back, though I'm still hoping and praying that it doesn't get that gigantic grill. If what some people are saying is true, there will be a 2-door coupe and a 4-door sedan.
  • Platform: I could care less if the underpinnings are the CD6 platform or the S550 chassis. I have heard that going with the former could make the car increase in size, but if that is the case, I hope it isn't too big in the end. Just make it handle like a dream and I'll be happy.
  • Engine: Base engine should be either the 2.3L EcoBoost from the S550 or the 3.0L EcoBoost from the Explorer/Aviator. I would personally would like to see both. About 300 hp for the 2.3 and 400 hp for the V-6 would be my guess.. Next up would probably be a 500-horsepower 5.0-liter Coyote V8 (does anyone think the 6.8L engine is still a thing?). I've also heard there's going to be an all-wheel drive hybrid version of the Coyote as well, so perhaps just around 550-600 hp seems reasonable. I see the all-electric version coming out with two outputs: the first being around 600 and the other having some crazy output (like from 800 to 1000 hp) that will come out later to compete with the electric Corvette.
  • Transmission: A 6-speed manual with the option of a 10-speed automatic sounds like the route that Ford will go. However, my big fear is that Ford will not offer the manual with the hybrid, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this won't happen.
  • Interior: Less hard plastic and improved quality should help the S650's cabin compete better against the C8 Corvette. A 12-inch screen with SYNC 4 will be enough for me. I do not want to see the 15.5-inch screen from the Mach-E plastered to the dash of the S650 like they're doing with the Expedition refresh.

For the Lincoln:
  • Name: If I were Lincoln, I would spend less time trying to create a new name and bring back the Zephyr name for this luxury coupe.
  • Exterior: If this is going to be the new face of Lincoln (if it's even going to be real), I expect to see the same amount of style that all the high-end brands put into their cars. Don't share exterior panels with the Mustang, though. I know these two would share a platform, engines, and technology, but Lincoln shouldn't make it look like they modeled it after the Mustang.
  • Engine/Transmission: I see the powertrain lineup just being a wash compared to the Mustang, although Lincoln should make each engine feel more refined so you feel like you're getting your money's worth paying extra over the Ford. Although it's unlikely we'll see a manual transmission, this is a luxury car.
  • Interior: Just like the exterior, the interior should look and feel like Lincoln's own work, not Ford's. More comfort and luxury features ought to lend it a hand against the competition. Again, I don't want to see a tablet-style infotainment screen like in the Mach-E.
Sponsored

Last edited: