• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 will not offer any type of AWD (Ford Authority)

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
This would be a mistake on Ford's part. BMW is offering for it's current M3 and M4, the option of RWD only, or AWD (with the ability to shut it off and go 100% RWD). The AWD cars are putting down blistering numbers vs. their RWD counterparts. At the drag strip and the road course.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Thank you very much for your advice. I have one more question if you don't mind. Do you do anything extra besides changing tires on your GT for the wintertime? (i.e. adding extra weights in the trunk, chains, etc.)
I don't put weight in the trunk. I learned my lesson on that years ago. Anything heavy that I put in the trunk will end up shifting around and damaging something. Good tires will provide plenty of traction. Nothing else is necessary.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I don't put weight in the trunk. I learned my lesson on that years ago. Anything heavy that I put in the trunk will end up shifting around and damaging something. Good tires will provide plenty of traction. Nothing else is necessary.
Thank you again for the tips. More to consider whether I stay Eco or go GT, whenever/if the change happens and/or I move up north.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Thank you again for the tips. More to consider whether I stay Eco or go GT, whenever/if the change happens and/or I move up north.
GTs do work fine for year round driving. I drove a 2011 GT as well as a 2015 GT year round.
Sponsored