• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-news/how-long-ford-wants-to-keep-v8-engines-alive

Let's hope this means S650 will stick around long enough to get a refresh with (another) revised Coyote. Perhaps we'll even get a V8 S750? Keep 'em crossed, folks!

“As long as we can offer a V8 we will,” he said, speaking at the launch of the Mustang Dark Horse in Charlotte, USA.

Mr Rushbrook didn’t rule out Ford developing a new Coyote V8 engine, provided there’s enough demand out there – and “depending on where the regulations go”.

S650 Vapor Blue 2.jpg
Not so sure about all that!

S650 Mustang Ford Mustang V8 will be offered for as long as possible IMG_1731
Sponsored

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
I dont believe Ford is building Mustangs just to keep us happy. They are doing it for the money, the moment it no longer makes financial sense to sell Mustangs they'll get axed.

Even if they kept the Mustang alive by buying credits they'll pass that price down to the customer. Then we'll have 70-80k GTs.

Part of the reason that the Charger is going EV was Dodge not wanting to buy more credits.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
For well over 100 years electric vehicles have been around and the problem has always been the batteries The started with lead acid and nickel iron (type of nickel metal hydrate) but range was alway an issue. Motor controls are a mature technology as train locomotives use diesel to drive a generator which in turn drive the motors in the bogies. Locomotives have been built up to 6,000 horse power so controlling an EV isn't an issue.
Simply it comes down to there is a limit to the amount of active material you can pack in a battery. The solution is either a fuel cell or there is a battery that passes two different chemicals through the battery to produce power. Unfortunately the second system is better for stationary applications but somebody might be able to adapt it to EVs.
If you're only using the EV around town, they can be the perfect solution if you can live with the limited battery life of 10 years or less. If you take long trips or you like me and own a car for over a quarter of a century, EVs just don't sound that good.
My personal opinion is the batteries are going to be what drives people back to internal combustion. The world's supply of Lithium is very limited and as more people buy EVs, you're going to see the price of EVs skyrocket because of the battery cost. Currently I don't see a replacement for Lithium however there is some talk of a Sodium based battery. If that happens, watch out because Sodium is really reactive when its in its metal state. It can suck the oxygen right out of water leaving hydrogen gas.
Yes, $35,000 for new battery

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I dont believe Ford is building Mustangs just to keep us happy. They are doing it for the money, the moment it no longer makes financial sense to sell Mustangs they'll get axed.

Even if they kept the Mustang alive by buying credits they'll pass that price down to the customer. Then we'll have 70-80k GTs.

Part of the reason that the Charger is going EV was Dodge not wanting to buy more credits.
there are so many people that Don’t want, nor will own an EV, that the companies switching from gas to EV are going to find themselves losing $ it will bite them In the butt like what happened to, Anheuser, Busch

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Assuming regulations don't evolve (which they always do), I can't imagine seeing any form of ICE Mustang in 12 years' time. California (*cough* Commiefornia *cough*) marched forward with its Zero Emissions Vehicle (ZEV) mandate targeting 100% of new vehicle sales to be ZEV by 2035. In layman's, if it makes any form of emissions, it will be illegal to sell in that state.

CA makes up over 10% of US passenger vehicle sales. So, either Ford decides to continue making V8s--be it an NA evolution of the Coyote, a down-sized TT variant, and/or they slap a hybrid system on it to lighten loads and reduce emissions--it won't matter. They will have to make the conscious decision to lose at least 10% of its potential domestic sales volume (and that's not even taking into consideration the buying density of the Mustang by state, which is probably high in an affluent, lifestyle-focused place like CA, versus general passenger vehicle sales, so 10% is a very minimal/conservative guess), or they axe the concept and go full EV.

Most likely the latter.

But thanks to the Mach-E, F-150 Lightning, and I'm sure other volume, low emissions Ford vehicles like the Maverick, they're meeting emissions regulations and are able to sell a V8 Mustang without having to pay fines or buy credits.

See excerpt from this article:

Source

It's an exhausting and complicating read, but if you want to melt your brain, dig into this PDF from the EPA detailing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions standards and the targets set through 2026. Note that you'd have to have a really good understanding of CO2 emissions to really get anything from it, but you can get a rough idea of how things will be tightening over the next several years.
And look how ,any blackouts they have in CA.
my friend finally got out of that state! She was elated

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I keep reading about this little town 20 minutes from me. their power keeps going out, and I am thinking, guess if they had ev, they would all be having to walk to where they need to go
On the bright side (non pun intended) the power keeps coming back on.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On the bright side (non pun intended) the power keeps coming back on.
They have a lot of EV’s, they will be running out of electricity more often yet, and there were times we were without power for3-5 days and even more

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
They have a lot of EV’s, they will be running out of electricity more often yet, and there were times we were without power for3-5 days and even more
Since it is a small town as you say, I will assume the town is 3 miles in diameter. They can drive across town 100 times while they are waiting on the power to come back on. Sounds like an ok situation for the vehicle. Maybe not the residents and other things. At one point people had to feed their horses and keep them alive to go from place to place. I think you might be overthinking and complicating this entire scenario.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
The v8 can generate more electricity than any ev.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
The coyote was originally only supposed to have a 10 year life span if ya didn’t know. Useless info but yeah the development story back in 2010 was wild

Richthebish12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2022 F-150
OH. It's also worth noting that the stringency of emissions regulations are based on the size of the vehicle. So full-sized trucks are given far more lenient targets than, say, a subcompact sedan. Kind of a big brain move by Ford if you think about the fact that the only CAR they sell is the Mustang...
I never really thought about that… I was pretty sad to watch the Taurus and Fusion good. Thought they were okay cars. My dad drove a Taurus for 12 something years lol. Slap a battery on the fusion and start competing with the model 3.
Going on a rant here, but it’s frustrating to see all these electric cars look like the same egg driving down the road. It’s a big reason I’m attracted to the mustang/Camaro/challenger cars. They actually look different. Just hardly any variation or personality on the road anymore

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I never really thought about that… I was pretty sad to watch the Taurus and Fusion good. Thought they were okay cars. My dad drove a Taurus for 12 something years lol. Slap a battery on the fusion and start competing with the model 3.
Going on a rant here, but it’s frustrating to see all these electric cars look like the same egg driving down the road. It’s a big reason I’m attracted to the mustang/Camaro/challenger cars. They actually look different. Just hardly any variation or personality on the road anymore
You’re not wrong. EV powertrains are removing individuality. Dashboards are being reduced to serving trays for tablets. Designs are reduced to the same smooth egg. All of the individuality is generated in gimmicks, but the substance is the same

That said, if there’s one OEM doing EVs right, it’s the Hyundai/Kia group

Of all companies lol

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since it is a small town as you say, I will assume the town is 3 miles in diameter. They can drive across town 100 times while they are waiting on the power to come back on. Sounds like an ok situation for the vehicle. Maybe not the residents and other things. At one point people had to feed their horses and keep them alive to go from place to place. I think you might be overthinking and complicating this entire scenario.
Now down here towns are down a little bit differently. They don’t have a lot of people in them, but they’re very spread out so it’s a lot more than 3 miles. I’m just saying there’s a lot more problems with electric vehicle than you realize. And it’s called the government trying to control us and people giving into it with the bull crap stories.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Ford took a huge loss on EVs and it seems that people are discovering how EVs limit their life style. It may not be long until we see a flood of people moving away from EVs back to internal combustion. About the only way to solve it might be to reintroduce the Hybrid.
Already a 25-30% return back to ICE vehicles for people who went EV.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
I always get a nice chuckle when people accuse the government of wanting to control you after a shift in the free market, especially when those complaints are done over the internet...that was created BY the actual government via DARPA.
Sponsored