• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

V8, V8 Hybrid, All Electric, which mustang will be the most desirable?

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT 500 PP, Past'13 GT500,98 GT,'92 LX 5.0 5spd
Whatever the lowest production most highly desired Mustang is today. Will be the most valuable tomorrow.

I don't see a place for any highbrids or electrics in that group for 50 yrs, if ever.
Sponsored

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT 500 PP, Past'13 GT500,98 GT,'92 LX 5.0 5spd
Exactly, if Tesla can make a battery pack that lasts 500k or more, imagine how long a brand like Ford, or Toyota, who have higher quality standards can make it last.

I don't hate ICE either, our 2017 explorer has one of the most durable engines Ford ever designed, the 3.5 duratec v6, fantastic engine. Earlier models had some issues with internalized water pumps junking the motors, but more modern duratec 3.5s don't really seem to have that issue that often, if at all. So I see the appeal of ICE, I really do, but long term, hybrids and evs have proven to be more robust, and require fewer repairs. That's just the facts man.
Duratech 6 is half a Aston Martin V-12.

I think tech and big Auto money will solve any short term issues, like battery charging time ,lifespan, etc... Capitalism at its best.

Coming from a guy that has made his living and worshiped at the alter of ICE almost his whole life.

I can say ,One thing for sure. There are so many fewer parts in an EV. Longevity would have to be on their side long term.

Any hurdles will be overcome. If it's financially viable long term. IMO

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Fast fwd 5-10 years and beyond, which models do you guys think will be considered the best/desirable,
The limited edition models that Ford doesn't make many of will be the most desirable. The cars that are difficult to purchase without paying a dealer mark up.

For example, I really dislike the SN-95 cars. A friend of a friend calls them "Mustang 3", because of the stigma most people place on the Mustang 2. I think the Mustang 2 is better than most SN-95 Mustangs and Mustang 3 doesn't really communicate how bad they are. But the 2003 Mustang Cobra is ok. Definitely the most desirable by far.

So if they make a version of the S650 that is limited and high power - I expect that to be considered the best and/or most desirable. Just like I expect the GT350 and GT500 to continue to be the most desirable S550s.

I doubt that a hybrid or all electric car will be the most desirable. Those will be the heavier cars and the least sporty. But perhaps future Mustang buyers will prefer a chunky ride that has a command seat height.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Ford Fusion
I feel like a V8 hybrid with all wheel drive, a lot more horsepower, and gobs of torque would be very appealing but also have a big price premium.

Since the S650 is supposed to have an 8 year run I expect there will be a mid-cycle refresh after 3-4 years like the 2018 S550. Maybe that "last" version would be the one to have, especially if there are performance upgrades.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Most of the renderings I'm seeing on here I find really bad and if the end product is that... then I might just think this is the best one of the lot
Even if a rendering is 90+% spot on, they usally don't even come close to how the real car looks in profesionally edited press images. User Chazcron is a god is making 3d models of upcoming cars and is usally close to perfectly matching the final car, yet in the renderings the pictures never really awe you like a real car can.

Just look at this old 2015 rendering. it's absolutely spot on, that's pretty much how the S550 looks like.
S650 Mustang V8, V8 Hybrid, All Electric, which mustang will be the most desirable? 1646132946870

But when compared to the real press images, the difference is night and day.
S650 Mustang V8, V8 Hybrid, All Electric, which mustang will be the most desirable? 1646132990197

Or take this rendering of the C8 and compare it to the real car:
S650 Mustang V8, V8 Hybrid, All Electric, which mustang will be the most desirable? 1646133093395

S650 Mustang V8, V8 Hybrid, All Electric, which mustang will be the most desirable? 1646133129391

The point I'm trying to make is: Renderings will give you an indicator how elements of the car will look like. But they can never replace seeing the real deal before making a decision if you like the car or not. That's why I waited to see the 18 Mustang on the IAA in Germany in person, before making any decisions if I buy one.

Even press images can't do a car real justice. One point I can't really figure out for myself about the 2018 Mustang is that it's just not photogenic. I think the frontend looks fine on the real car, but on pictures I just can't stand it. The grille looks too wide and the headlights seems to have comical angry eyes drawn in to me. Even on my 2018 Camaro I absolutely love how the car looks for real, but it's though to get it right on pictures. On comparison I think the C8 is highly photogenic, I just love every single picture and angle of it.

I will copy a picture from the MECF forum here, how different car even looks just by how changing the focal length. That's why I really don't like how cars look on smartphones pictures, they are just too distorted and rounded.
S650 Mustang V8, V8 Hybrid, All Electric, which mustang will be the most desirable? 1646133653941

Jackson1320

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
In 10 years I think the s550 would be the desired car. It is going to be so much simpler than the hybrid and the electric

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
In 10 years I think the s550 would be the desired car. It is going to be so much simpler than the hybrid and the electric
Well, a full EV coupe probably won't arrive until S750.......and the hybrid will be an option for S650. There will still be a pure V8 S650 if you want a "simple" Mustang.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Well, a full EV coupe probably won't arrive until S750.......and the hybrid will be an option for S650. There will still be a pure V8 S650 if you want a "simple" Mustang.
On this point, I can see OEMs marketing hybrids and EVs as "smart" alternatives to pure ICE car.

Sign me up for the dumbest cars you have, thanks.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
a pancake electric motor would solve the darth of low RPM torque on the current V8. Now getting said torque to the actual road is a different problem. It wouldn't need more than 15-20 miles of 'pure' electric range to make it viable and probably earn EV credits.

"most desierable" will probably be the simplest one - not only will it be "banned" in the future, you don't have to worry about long-lost support for grossly obsolete battery technology and it's control circuitry without which the car is going NOWHERE.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
First off, the question must be framed around time frame. Vintage cars are "desirable" from a number of standpoints. Nostalgia and status, rarity, etc.

People drive classic Bronco's and Porsche Spiders and vintage Ferraris and everything in between because it's cool and unique. People collect and invest in classics for hobby and financial gain, take anything that's a constant or decreasing supply and pair that against an every increasing demand (population goes up seemingly without end). Art, island real estate, classic cars in good or mint condition. They ain't makin' any more of them.

Having said all that, collectorism has changed a bit. When I first started collecting baseball cards as a child, the industry has just started getting "commercialized." Gone were the days that old cards were rare (because no one kept them in pristine collector conditions) and card sets started to grow immensely. Point being, the odds of thousands of good condition cars being around for late model cars in 50 years are much higher than they were for cars that no one realized would be worth a fortune.

Additionally, electric cars are still in a "disruptive tech" state. They've only begun to compete and surpass current tech and still not at a competitive price yet (at least not without major subsidy by the government).

It's only a matter of time before electric vehicles graduate from disruptive to the dominant technology. In the future, it'll be like it is today. A modern F150 is light years better than a 1950's era truck. Some people will prefer the improvement of the modern vehicle. But there will still be an ever growing following of enthusiasts who like classic cars.

But make no mistake, unless we observe major changes to our social construct with respect to driving (which is a serious possibility), electric vehicles WILL EVENTUALLY surpass current ICE vehicles in nearly every respect. My prediction is that in a few decades, only the wealthy will be able to drive. Everyone else will ride in driverless cars owned by networks (like a driverless uber network). Such a system will bring auto accidents and fatalities to nearly zero (the auto insurance market is already shitting bricks over it). It'll also be touted as major improvements to traffic and optimizing environmental impacts (a computer network of zillions of driverless cars all controlled like a symphony will get more people to where they're going faster and minimize how much energy is necessary to do so).

The major auto criteria right now, cost of ownership (initial and recurring), power, range, handling, recharge time, acceleration, etc...electrics are quickly catching up. The remaining challenge that hasn't been either matched or eclipsed is recharge. Many EV's now feature 300+mile range. As we've seen with the plaid, these cars aren't just faster, with sophisticated all wheel drive and traction control, the most impressive things about the car are that it can do 9 second quarter miles IN THE RAIN on wet conditions. It can also do it a zillion times with much less threat of breaking down. The biggest feature of the cobra jet E program is they can do thousands of passes before they have to breakdown the motor. (as opposed to between every pass on the race fuel version). The electrics are also "ready to fkcu" at any moment. It's like driving around with a constant erection. Stomp on the pedal and it goes, at 100% max traction, whether you're at a stop or doing 20 or 80, the car is ready to go any time and always.

So, there'll be a few more years before the electrics surpass ICE cars in EVERY facet (including costs) but it will happen, if like above, the leftists don't basically lobby to get individual driving eliminated altogether (for safety and the environment).

Bottom line, electric cars will be more desirable because they'll just be better. Today's cars will be sought after because they're retro and throwback. Early electrics will probably be the least "desirable" for a very long period, until even those become retro and classic (and the lefties outlaw gas vehicles outright). If the lefties continue outbreeding everyone else (which they are) then car enthusiasts of the future might just be relegated to rubbing their classic/vintage car in a garage and only being able to operate them on closed private courses.
Sponsored