• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

If s650 is the last gen of mustangs to have the v8, what will the following gens be?

Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 4.6
So like will they all be EV? then will the regular mustangs be merged in with the mACH E?

Or will the MACH E be for people who want the suv experience while giving the regular mustang a full on electric performance car experience?

IDK tbh i am hesitant because I REALLY love the 5.0 engine and how it feels and drives and I have driven a MACH E and although i prefer it to a tesla, the electric cars inherently have the sterile feel that i really dislike.
Sponsored

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Ford apparently filed a patent for a hydrogen powered v8. I wouldn't be surprised if future mustangs were a combination of all electric and hydrogen. Hydrogen for people who want a sound and experience pretty similar to ICE cars while still owning a zero emissions vehicle, all electric for people who want maximum performance. But we'll see.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT
I think its safe to guess probably electric. I do hope that Ford will at least give us a 2 door electric mustang.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Ford will likely offer a hot rod EV that has muscle car sound and feel. Whether that is due to some kind of hybrid or something else remains to be seen.

EVs feel like riding an iPhone surfboard. Dodge tried to do something special with the sound of their ev charger, which may have some vibration characteristics too. Unfortunately it sounds like a vacuum cleaner and is a bit of a turn off.

I dont see Ford making that mistake. Mustang is Ford’s iconic mascot basically. I doubt they let it turn into a sterile transport.

VRYALT3R3D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
Ford is seperating their ICE and IV operations. It will either get killed or live on as an EV. I just want to know what the next track focused Mustang will be.

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
The entire delusion of no more combustion engine coupled with EV only and zero infrastructure is going to come to a head soon. Nevermind the dismissive hand waving at all the fossil fuel required to charge up or lithium battery mining... most people will not be able to afford a home charger and there is no way this scales. And look at CA. Their "leaders" are tweeting to unplug their EVs and turn off AC to conserve because their power grid is insufficient. This is going to go well for the masses? 🤣

Last edited:

llinthicum1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang
No doubt there will be an EV Mustang coupe / convertible. My question when that happens, what happens to the Mach-e. Does it evolve into an EV Explorer?

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
No doubt there will be an EV Mustang coupe / convertible. My question when that happens, what happens to the Mach-e. Does it evolve into an EV Explorer?
Most likely not. Ford wants to build a Mustang brand and the Mach-E fits right into that strategy and sells well. We might get an electrified four door coupe and other derivatives as well.

llinthicum1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang
Most likely not. Ford wants to build a Mustang brand and the Mach-E fits right into that strategy and sells well. We might get an electrified four door coupe and other derivatives as well.
Fair enough. I hope Ford reserves the name Mustang for the 2 Door coupe or convertible and it won't cost $60,000.

dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8; 2023 Bronco on order
I doubt this is the end of internal combustion engines. Moving everyone to EVs is a pipe dream. How are people in dense apartments going to charge their cars? Many of them park on streets. Are all cities going to add car chargers on every sidewalk? Once the day of reckoning comes, they will keep pushing out or eliminate those EV deadlines.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
The entire delusion of no more combustion engine coupled with EV only and zero infrastructure is going to come to a head soon. Nevermind the dismissive hand waving at all the fossil fuel required to charge up or lithium battery mining... most people will not be able to afford a home charger and there is no way this scales. And look at CA. Their "leaders" are tweeting to unplug their EVs and turn off AC to conserve because their power grid is insufficient. This is going to go well for the masses? 🤣
In a few more years, Lithium will not be the most common battery type. Technology is rapidly evolving.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
So like will they all be EV? then will the regular mustangs be merged in with the mACH E?

Or will the MACH E be for people who want the suv experience while giving the regular mustang a full on electric performance car experience?

IDK tbh i am hesitant because I REALLY love the 5.0 engine and how it feels and drives and I have driven a MACH E and although i prefer it to a tesla, the electric cars inherently have the sterile feel that i really dislike.
I doubt even Ford execs know for sure. The simple plan is to just make everything EV, but what if EV doesn't sell? They have to work on alternatives. So I don't know what they are doing, but I really hope they have three or four different plans under development just in case.

Ford will likely offer a hot rod EV that has muscle car sound and feel. Whether that is due to some kind of hybrid or something else remains to be seen.

EVs feel like riding an iPhone surfboard. Dodge tried to do something special with the sound of their ev charger, which may have some vibration characteristics too. Unfortunately it sounds like a vacuum cleaner and is a bit of a turn off.

I dont see Ford making that mistake. Mustang is Ford’s iconic mascot basically. I doubt they let it turn into a sterile transport.
I think the Dodge is a lot better than any other EV. Maybe the concept doesn't have the perfect sound, but the idea is there. I really dislike EVs, but if they tack on enough gimmicks like this and a fake manual transmission, etc. the EV just might become livable.

The masses have to give up freedom, sit in their small boxes and shut up. I kid, but in reality I don't see how it will be possible for people to live in an apartment and drive an EV. Maybe that will change in the future, but right now the infrastructure just isn't there. For the time being, they probably will have to take the bus.

Fair enough. I hope Ford reserves the name Mustang for the 2 Door coupe or convertible and it won't cost $60,000.
There might be some versions under that, but based on what's happening right now it could be over $60K even for the slowest, cheapest version of the full EV Mustang.

I doubt this is the end of internal combustion engines. Moving everyone to EVs is a pipe dream. How are people in dense apartments going to charge their cars? Many of them park on streets. Are all cities going to add car chargers on every sidewalk? Once the day of reckoning comes, they will keep pushing out or eliminate those EV deadlines.
Based on the current schedules, it won't happen. I would assume that the average age of cars on the road will get higher and higher for a while. Right now I think the average is 11 or 12 years. So if very few new cars are purchased, that average will increase rapidly. Since pickups get exceptions, probably lots of people will just buy pickups so they can have an ICE. But that's not a low budget solution.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
I doubt even Ford execs know for sure. The simple plan is to just make everything EV, but what if EV doesn't sell? They have to work on alternatives. So I don't know what they are doing, but I really hope they have three or four different plans under development just in case.

I think the Dodge is a lot better than any other EV. Maybe the concept doesn't have the perfect sound, but the idea is there. I really dislike EVs, but if they tack on enough gimmicks like this and a fake manual transmission, etc. the EV just might become livable.

The masses have to give up freedom, sit in their small boxes and shut up. I kid, but in reality I don't see how it will be possible for people to live in an apartment and drive an EV. Maybe that will change in the future, but right now the infrastructure just isn't there. For the time being, they probably will have to take the bus.

There might be some versions under that, but based on what's happening right now it could be over $60K even for the slowest, cheapest version of the full EV Mustang.

Based on the current schedules, it won't happen. I would assume that the average age of cars on the road will get higher and higher for a while. Right now I think the average is 11 or 12 years. So if very few new cars are purchased, that average will increase rapidly. Since pickups get exceptions, probably lots of people will just buy pickups so they can have an ICE. But that's not a low budget solution.
ICE engines will be around in the poorest 3rd world countries until the end of century due to the lack of an electrical infrastructure.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
ICE engines will be around in the poorest 3rd world countries until the end of century due to the lack of an electrical infrastructure.
Hopefully they will be around here for that long as well - even if most are well-used at that point. No reason to throw away functioning equipment. That would be super wasteful. We should all be recycling.

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
A friend and neighbor of mine is a retired Ford senior executive, who is still active with the company. He tells me Ford's plan right now is for the S650 to be the last ICE Mustang, and for the next generation (2028?) to be all-electric, a coupe version of the Mach-E.

At the same time, Ford's internal analyses (as well as outside assessments) show that the country is nowhere near ready or capable of going all-electric for new car sales in the next 5-10 years. One pesky little detail that is often overlooked is simply transmission line infrastructure. If every new car sale was magically electric, the transmission infrastructure couldn't handle it (to say nothing of the impossible additional loads on generating capacity). Substantial additional investments need to be made in both generating capacity and transmission infrastructure to handle a significant increase in electric cars.

https://jalopnik.com/california-wants-residents-to-slow-down-on-charging-all-1849480859

We'll leave aside other inconvenient details such as long as the country generates about 2/3 of its electricity from fossil fuel sources, burning fossil fuels to generate electricity to then charge EV's doesn't make environmental sense, or the environmental impacts of mining the rare Earth metals needed for all the batteries.

https://carbuzz.com/news/toyotas-chief-scientist-says-the-world-isnt-ready-for-evs

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/30/...ytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare

or real-world EV range compared to marketing claims

https://www.wsj.com/articles/i-rent...e-charging-it-than-i-did-sleeping-11654268401

https://www.westernjournal.com/electric-car-fail-25-charging-stations-deep-blue-region-not-work/

Ford seems to be going along with the EV hysteria sweeping the nation and other car companies, regardless of how problematic and impractical it might be in many ways. The only chance of slowing it down is if reality finally hits home.

I'm all for saving the planet. After all, it's the only one we have. We need to stop burning things for power. But forcing everyone to buy EV's on its own isn't the answer.
Sponsored