• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Been out of the loop, s650 v8 lifespan?

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Slow
Hello,

I’ve been under a rock and completely unplugged from the Mustang. With the coyote getting it’s 4th refresh I assume there is no plans for the v8 to disappear anytime soon? I’m hoping we get a few years of this iteration. I had read rumors of a full electric mustang with a phase out of the v8 but like I said, I’m out of the loop.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Rumor is this is it, 2026.

hopefully that changes.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Internal documents / leaks mentioned 28 or 29,which is much more believable than 26. The S650 will have at least a lifespan of six to eight years, starting in 23. We'll most likely see a refresh in 25/26 with Android Automotive replacing Sync 4 and a GT500 successor around the same time.

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
Hello,

I’ve been under a rock and completely unplugged from the Mustang. With the coyote getting it’s 4th refresh I assume there is no plans for the v8 to disappear anytime soon? I’m hoping we get a few years of this iteration. I had read rumors of a full electric mustang with a phase out of the v8 but like I said, I’m out of the loop.
Had to grab one now, no telling any future in this climate. If people wait, they will be "assed out"

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Ford's going to run the v8 as long as they can, they need that F150 money

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
Ford's going to run the v8 as long as they can, they need that F150 money
By the sound of it, they definitely aren’t getting it from the Lightning

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
By the sound of it, they definitely aren’t getting it from the Lightning
They are in a round about way, no lightning means no v8 because of government regulations.

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
I don't believe they'd invest money to develop a new gen engine for two model years. That would be dumb. We'll see Coyote around for a long time as long as they keep selling well, which they should considering that both major competitors are bowing out.

OP
OP
svt93style

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Slow
Hopefully this thread won't go down the EV/anti government rabbit hole. Lets celebrate the fact we have a Gen 4 Coyote for at least one more generation of Mustang :)

For now, the latest is that Ford will offer the V8 "for as long as possible"

https://uk.motor1.com/news/679640/ford-wants-mustang-keep-v8-foreseeable-future/
Thanks so much for the link. So as expected, we should have the v8 for at least the remainder of the s650 run. This is perfect for me as it is too late in the season to get the 24 and I can prepare for next year. I have to say, I haven't been this excited about a Mustang in a long time. Got screwed on a Mach 1 and a GT350, hopefully this is my moment.

OP
OP
svt93style

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Slow
I don't believe they'd invest money to develop a new gen engine for two model years. That would be dumb. We'll see Coyote around for a long time as long as they keep selling well, which they should considering that both major competitors are bowing out.
I agree. I was comforted by the fact that the coyote got refreshed, they didn't do that just to run it this year and the next. I think the entire run will include the v8 option.

MGHTYDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW i4 M50; 2024 Mustang GT Premium