• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
I always get a nice chuckle when people accuse the government of wanting to control you after a shift in the free market, especially when those complaints are done over the internet...that was created BY the actual government via DARPA.
Government does a lot more controlling than you realize. Every day they take a little more from everyone and you just don’t notice it, freedom of speech. Look at Facebook if they don’t like what you put, they take it off. So I don’t get a little chuckle out of it. I get more pissed off all the time when I can see what’s going on.
Sponsored

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Government does a lot more controlling than you realize. Every day they take a little more from everyone and you just don’t notice it, freedom of speech. Look at Facebook if they don’t like what you put, they take it off. So I don’t get a little chuckle out of it. I get more pissed off all the time when I can see what’s going on.
That's not the government that's the tech industry but feel free to rage away

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I always get a nice chuckle when people accuse the government of wanting to control you after a shift in the free market, especially when those complaints are done over the internet...that was created BY the actual government via DARPA.
Chuckle away!

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
I personally don't think that we will see another naturally aspirated V8 for the next generation from 2030 ish forward.

My assumption is that even with the S650 facelift models (especially in Europe) we might see a V8 mild hybrid model which gives you a combination of the V8 and 48 Volt batteries.

With the S750 model it could be a V8 hybrid at best. You have those variations already on the road such as the Porsche Panamera Turbo E- Hybrid.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Sadly, wasn't a free market shift. California laws, EV rebates and government incentives, and Biden's express stated and repeated effort to raise oil prices in the US to force a shift to electric vehicles. I'm all for fair market capitalism. We'd more likely see hydrogen engines before EV's if the market got to decide freely.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Ford took a huge loss on EVs and it seems that people are discovering how EVs limit their life style. It may not be long until we see a flood of people moving away from EVs back to internal combustion. About the only way to solve it might be to reintroduce the Hybrid.
Sales don't matter to the EPA. As long as Ford keeps adding more EV's to their lineup they can continue producing the V8 Mustang.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
I personally don't think that we will see another naturally aspirated V8 for the next generation from 2030 ish forward.

My assumption is that even with the S650 facelift models (especially in Europe) we might see a V8 mild hybrid model which gives you a combination of the V8 and 48 Volt batteries.

With the S750 model it could be a V8 hybrid at best. You have those variations already on the road such as the Porsche Panamera Turbo E- Hybrid.
I dont see Ford going another generation V8 NA Mustang on this chassis. I also don't see Ford making a new chassis for the Mustang. We could hope that they decide to spend that money as a final send-off tribute.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
That's what the EVs are for, EPA does fleet average so a v8 is balanced out with an EV
That's also part of the gas guzzler tax, hell the 2024 already has a gas guzzler tax

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awww someone's a little scared of instant torque & zero maintenance.
Nope, EV is NOT the answer to solvIng the problems , and this is the US, they shouldn’t be trying to tell everyone what they can and can’t drive, what they can and can’t eat. Everyday, They are trying to take a little more from us, before you know it we’re gonna be living in a Third World country
And another thing they are very expensive and when you have to get a new battery you’re talking around $35,000. And about the time you have to Plug it In, and there is no electricity, you will be up shit creek!

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Nope, EV is NOT the answer to solvIng the problems , and this is the US, they shouldn’t be trying to tell everyone what they can and can’t drive, what they can and can’t eat. Everyday, They are trying to take a little more from us, before you know it we’re gonna be living in a Third World country
And another thing they are very expensive and when you have to get a new battery you’re talking around $35,000. And about the time you have to Plug it In, and there is no electricity, you will be up shit creek!
EV's are the answer but the government is pushing us too quickly top adopt them. We don't have the infrastructure to support the amount of EVs that will be on the road in the next few years so it's ridiculous that the government is imposing laws to ban all ICE vehicles by a certain date.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV's are the answer but the government is pushing us too quickly top adopt them. We don't have the infrastructure to support the amount of EVs that will be on the road in the next few years so it's ridiculous that the government is imposing laws to ban all ICE vehicles by a certain date.
[/QUOTE
No one should try telling anyone what they can drive. I’m not alone and saying I’m not going to ever drive an electric car and I won’t, in my opinion it is stupid.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Sadly, wasn't a free market shift. California laws, EV rebates and government incentives, and Biden's express stated and repeated effort to raise oil prices in the US to force a shift to electric vehicles. I'm all for fair market capitalism. We'd more likely see hydrogen engines before EV's if the market got to decide freely.
i dont account for government incentives due mainly to the fact that oil and gas is way more subsidized than renewables are so to me, a simple push in the other direction was enough for the market to adopt a new approach to an age old idea.

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Got to lay off of the FOXbody news channel. The world isn’t coming to an end and the sky isn’t falling.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got to lay off of the FOXbody news channel. The world isn’t coming to an end and the sky isn’t falling.
Don’t watch fox, I get my info from reading a lot! Maybe you should get the machE since you are wanting to go with All Electric
Sponsored