• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
You would know that it isn’t 35k for a battery then.
Closer to 12k.
And dropping year over year… technological deflation…, just like a TV, computer.
Sponsored

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
You would know that it isn’t 35k for a battery then.
Closer to 12k.
And dropping year over year… technological deflation…, just like a TV, computer.
I don’t give a rats ass what kind of car you drive, I’m just saying, I will never drive an EV and you can think what you want, but it’s not what it is hyped up to be, they’re already having problems with blackouts and they’re going to get worse. My nephew had a Tesla. He had It a little over a year. He loved it for city driving, but For vacation he hated it. Took almost twice as long to get to the same vacations spot. He got home and traded it in on an Escalade! If people are so hyped up over them, they should go for the Mach E. Not everyone thinks the same as you and others

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Didn't we already got a list of upcoming Ford models clearly stating that the next Mustang will be based on the Mach-E gen 2 platform?
I think this news really depends on what it will actually mean. If they will build a 8th Gen Mustang with a V8 hopefully it's actually a brand new chassis and engine.

I guess all will be in the hands of the customers. The new EV Charger will compete against the Mustang. Sales will easily determine what really is the future for the pony car segment.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Evs aren’t as clean as they claim. Takes 2+ years of exclusive use AND the decommission of the ice vehicle before pollution parity is obtained. Which also means as they are continue to produce (and pollute) you never catch up.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evs aren’t as clean as they claim. Takes 2+ years of exclusive use AND the decommission of the ice vehicle before pollution parity is obtained. Which also means as they are continue to produce (and pollute) you never catch up.
If a lot of People pushing these EV’s would sit and do some reading, they could learn a lot. Watching news on tv you aren’t ever going to get the truth. Just like them saying oh, we could have our own personal jet because we’ve got those crazy panels on their houses. It’s do as I say not as I do with them! Electronics has a lot to do with the problem we are having. But people don’t want to see the truth.
Like I said, I don’t have a problem with these EV’s, if that’s what some want, I have a problem with the idiots pushing it.

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
If a lot of People pushing these EV’s would sit and do some reading, they could learn a lot. Watching news on tv you aren’t ever going to get the truth. Just like them saying oh, we could have our own personal jet because we’ve got those crazy panels on their houses. It’s do as I say not as I do with them! Electronics has a lot to do with the problem we are having. But people don’t want to see the truth.
Like I said, I don’t have a problem with these EV’s, if that’s what some want, I have a problem with the idiots pushing it.
That's is. No alternator, starter, battery or anything else electric in your car. :crackup: You need to Fred Flintstone it from here on out.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
I dont see Ford going another generation V8 NA Mustang on this chassis. I also don't see Ford making a new chassis for the Mustang. We could hope that they decide to spend that money as a final send-off tribute.

Something like this? :D

S650 Mustang Ford Mustang V8 will be offered for as long as possible sketch3.JPG

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Coupe- Magnetic
I always get a nice chuckle when people accuse the government of wanting to control you after a shift in the free market, especially when those complaints are done over the internet...that was created BY the actual government via DARPA.
He is a textbook example of someone whose literacy level matches the quality of his opinions.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I have nothing against EV cars but I feel people should have a choice rather than getting forced to buy one due to government regulations.. So why not let the market decide? That being said, my brother has a Tesla S Plaid and it's a monster. I've driven it and it's scary fast. However it has no soul. Simply put for a car enthusiast, it's no fun to drive. My 03 Mustang GT vert is a hell of a lot more fun to drive even though it's a snail compared to the Tesla... Personally, I prefer ICE vehicles.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have nothing against EV cars but I feel people should have a choice rather than getting forced to buy one due to government regulations.. So why not let the market decide? That being said, my brother has a Tesla S Plaid and it's a monster. I've driven it and it's scary fast. However it has no soul. Simply put for a car enthusiast, it's no fun to drive. My 03 Mustang GT vert is a hell of a lot more fun to drive even though it's a snail compared to the Tesla... Personally, I prefer ICE vehicles.
Me too. My nephew had a Tesla and got rid of it. He hated,how much longer it,took to go,on trips

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
I have no problem with EVs, upfront pollution for EV production is much higher than IC cars, but then make up for that in emissions after about 40k miles. Now we all know that electricity generation is not "green" but renewable generation is improving (Texas gets nearly 25% of its electricity from non-coal/natural gas sources, and increasing as time goes on). Cobalt will be replace by manganese, nickel, and iron, as lithium will eventually be replaced by aluminum and sulfur. More charging stations with more reliable level 2 and 3 charge rates will become available as time goes on. In all, EVs may come to replace gas, but not all at once, and not anytime soon, especially for long haul or similar heavy transportation. EVs are not a panacea to climate change just yet (which many here may decry as false or a non-issue; studies may beg otherwise), but may do so as the technology evolves. I can't say that I'm glad that the V8 will become extinct. The sound that IC engines produce is intoxicating, and I don't look forward to a time when such noises become a rarity. Long story short, we have to look at this from a long view, and what the best alternatives are, so long as they actually produce the results that scientists hope they will. I won't go in to discussions of interglacial warming periods and CO2 levels, as that is way beyond the scope of this thread. In conclusion, I ordered a v8 Mustang, and am therefore part of the problem, at least for now, and I'm too selfish to deny myself the glorious sound of a screaming Coyote 5.0; I'll beg forgiveness later I guess, sorry kids.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
Is this a bad time to ask for a 5.8 Coyote ?

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
Is this a bad time to ask for a 5.8 Coyote ?
No as a 5.8 is overdue to solve the low to mid rpm torque problem that makes the Coyote feel weak compared to a LT1 or 392 unless you are above 6000 rpm where the party is over at 7000…At least it feels way stronger than the Voodoo up to 4000 rpm and not really any weaker above…👍And sounds better 🤣
Sponsored