• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Do you think there will be order backlog / wait like the C8?

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6
The C8 is crazy to even try getting your hands on one if you’re ordering from the dealership custom. If you want to pay way over MSRP, you can buy one today haha! You think the GTs and Dark Horses will be backlogged?
Sponsored

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I’ll say NO, I think they priced it above where the market is.

I fully expect for a normal EB/GT you will go to your local dealer…. Order your trim/spec and 12-14 weeks later… presto… come get your car.

DH will be much more difficult.

I also predict that with the 2024 mustangs we will return to…” you lose 10 grand the second you drive it off the lot” depreciation.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
I think there will be a backlog for DH. GT will see the normal rush for a new model. Agree that depreciation off the lot will exist, how much just depends on how quickly they build these things.

This feels to me like a half-a$$ attempt at what Dodge is doing for the Last Call. That has been a complete cluster with many dealers hoarding their allocations to sustain them through the year and marking them up right from the get go. If any of ya'll are familiar, Koons (who previously offered below invoice deals) was putting $50k ADM on their Last Call 2023 models and the public voted to order elsewhere. Just this week Koons ran a "special" where the first 10 people to order would get MSRP. Everybody in the forums lambasted them.

Ford told dealers their allocations just like Dodge did. They just didn't release the numbers to the public. Good or bad is up to your interpretation

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
On launch sure, but I don't think it will hold long. The C8 is a steal if you get it for MSRP and universal praised, quality is top notch and performance similiar to way more expensive cars. The Mustang 7 in comparison isn't such a big deal, it doesn't come on a new platform so performance gains will be way smaller, quality is pretty much the same as Gen 6 but with modern screen and even the exterior isn't something totally fresh and new. So the Mustang 7 will have it fans and buyers, but I don't think it will be as hyped as the C8.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
There are a bunch of new C8s near me for sale at MSRP. I was surprised that MSRP is in the 90s or over 100 for many regular C8s (not Z06, not convertible). I thought they were less than that. No wonder they are sitting on dealer lots around here. I realize other areas of the country people have more money to spend, but 100K seems crazy for a regular C8.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
There are a bunch of new C8s near me for sale at MSRP. I was surprised that MSRP is in the 90s or over 100 for many regular C8s (not Z06, not convertible). I thought they were less than that. No wonder they are sitting on dealer lots around here. I realize other areas of the country people have more money to spend, but 100K seems crazy for a regular C8.
Are you it's MSRP? 3LT with Z51 and some extras should be around 85k

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2007 GT Coupe
Y'all go ahead and order. The wife wants to wait until she can see one on the ground. So, I'll stay out of your way for awhile. :)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Are you it's MSRP? 3LT with Z51 and some extras should be around 85k
According to the ads they were all at MSRP. They were mostly the level 2 interior. I didn't look through all the options to see what exact options were on them. I just did a search for Corvettes in the Minneapolis area and saw the list of cars. You can look at cars.com MPLS area 55414 zip and correct me if you like.

I was surprised anyway how much they increased. I guess it's to be expected as Ford has raised their prices very significantly as well.

Grabber_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
As for the GT, nope. There will of course be the big rush at first, but I bet after a few months it will not be an issue.

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
The C8 is crazy to even try getting your hands on one if you’re ordering from the dealership custom. If you want to pay way over MSRP, you can buy one today haha! You think the GTs and Dark Horses will be backlogged?
god I hope not, I waited 8 months to order my C8

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
I don't think mustangs will have a backlog outside any artificial limitation on the dark horse. Mustangs price has creeped up and with federal and local rebate (totalling $13K in my part of Cali) for a EV like a Tesla its a harder sell. The Model 3 Performance at $55K - $13k= $42K offers amazing acceleration, low center of gravity, and cheaper cost to drive. The market for mustang is shrinking to a community of die hard mustang fans, ICE enthusiasts, track enthusiasts and of course the manual guys. While before, Mustang also included the younger crowd who wanted something sporty and fast which I believe the something like a Model 3 overlaps with.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I’ll say NO, I think they priced it above where the market is.

I fully expect for a normal EB/GT you will go to your local dealer…. Order your trim/spec and 12-14 weeks later… presto… come get your car.

DH will be much more difficult.

I also predict that with the 2024 mustangs we will return to…” you lose 10 grand the second you drive it off the lot” depreciation.
This is 100 percent true, it’s an updated s550 “is what most people will see”, if ford would have done something absolutely wild with the engine or given it a 100k interior for 45k. It would be a lot different but i agree they’ll be hard to find for a few months, then you’ll be able to get one. This won’t be like the s550 launch where you couldn’t even see one lol

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Early on I think, yes, things will be difficult. As things progress, I expect things to return to something resembling normal. I believe it's too soon to tell if that will happen MY24 or not.

Will there be a long-term backlog of the DH? I don't think so. Initially? Yes. Always? No. The car is special, but it's not being marketed as a limited production car. If you can get a spec you want at what you consider a fair price, it's worth the wait.

Some might be able to negotiate and attain what they see as a fair price for a '24. For those that can't, I believe there is value in waiting until next MY.

MY25, demand should be less, the economy weaker, with cars then on the lots.

I wish everyone the best, but MY24 is the first year of a new mark. Hopefully, whatever assembly and QC issues will be light, but maybe not. MY25 gives a bit more confidence towards less issues.

Interest rates will be higher in the near term. Next year, they could be higher still, but initial tells are not markedly so, maybe even lower. Money Market accounts are earning 4+%. While not beating inflation, it's a nice place to park any down payments while waiting for a clearer picture of the market for the S650 and DH.

Best Wishes in your pursuits. :like:
Sponsored

Last edited: