• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

I dont think there will be a GT350...

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Would the gt (non mustang) fill that role? Is it possible Dark Horse is Ford stepping away from Shelby?
No, as there have been obvious Shelby S650 mules running around Dearborn.
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
No, as there have been obvious Shelby S650 mules running around Dearborn.
In that caseā€¦ oops. Itā€™s Friday šŸ˜

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Here's the thing, Ford keeps elevating mustang performance. The Dark Horse would be a good Gt350 replacement if mustang performance remained stagnant. Here's how I see it, the s650 gt is more powerful and impressive than the s550 gt, the dark horse appears to be better than the mach 1. Whatever this generation's version of a gt350 is, it'll be more powerful and extreme that the last gen gt350.

All signs point to Ford building a higher performance s650 that takes elements of the gt4 road car. As you said, Ford loves to test out powertrains in race cars. The gt4 is running a 5.4 with 600+
HP. That sure sounds like a more powerful and extreme engine that you would use in a gt350 successor. Supercharge it, and bam, there's your gt500 engine with 800-850 hp.

I see a hybrid mustang being an excellent offering for cold weather climates. Maybe lift it slightly to make it even more practical in snow, and brand it as this mustang raptor we're all hearing about.

papaD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Power Wagon 2016 Challenger 392 shaker
Would the gt (non mustang) fill that role? Is it possible Dark Horse is Ford stepping away from Shelby?
Heck no!

We can order a Shelby GT (Mach E)...LOL

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Here's the thing, Ford keeps elevating mustang performance. The Dark Horse would be a good Gt350 replacement if mustang performance remained stagnant. Here's how I see it, the s650 gt is more powerful and impressive than the s550 gt, the dark horse appears to be better than the mach 1. Whatever this generation's version of a gt350 is, it'll be more powerful and extreme that the last gen gt350.

All signs point to Ford building a higher performance s650 that takes elements of the gt4 road car. As you said, Ford loves to test out powertrains in race cars. The gt4 is running a 5.4 with 600+
HP. That sure sounds like a more powerful and extreme engine that you would use in a gt350 successor. Supercharge it, and bam, there's your gt500 engine with 800-850 hp.

I see a hybrid mustang being an excellent offering for cold weather climates. Maybe lift it slightly to make it even more practical in snow, and brand it as this mustang raptor we're all hearing about.
This lines up with what my dealer said. They had a Shelby rep stop by a couple weeks ago who said they were targeting 850hp for the new gt500. Thing is going to be a monster.

OP
OP
agreywolfe

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP

i assume you meant GT3 not GT4 there lol. i dont doubt that there will be a more high performing NA mustang, but i dont think well see it in the shelby form, i honestly think if we got a GT3 road car it would either be a GT branded name or a Cobra because ultimately the GT3 is an FR car.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
Lets be honest here when it comes to the 350. Ford currently cannot even build some of the regular GT'S and DH's right now because of black paint lol. You really think that adding another diluted car "name" will help that.. no it will not. So i would say that the 350 as people have known it to be is dead name wise. And this is also suppose to be a shorter generation of mustang because in 2030 the EPA crack down will get real so there is no time to throw a new car out. What they should do is just stick to the 500. However, they should make different variants of the 500. This will keep it easier to build just added it under the 500 name to also keep dealers from marking that car up by alot. I would love if they did a NA 500, TT500, and suppercharged 500. That way you appeal to all forms of drivers. Just focus on making this the best 500 ever and let is go out with a bang like that.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
I'd love to NEVER see the Shelby name on a Mustang ever again.

That's what I want.

texas8709

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 FX4
"to me all signs point to Lauderdale"
Was that a sneaky A Day to Remember reference?

To the threads topic, I think the biggest reason to next expect a GT350 is the Dark Horse, for the reasons you mentioned. There is really only one possibility I see, and that's the teasing Ford has done about a street legal variant of the GT3 racer. It would potentially have some of that crazier bodywork of the race car, more downforce, and maybe a version of that Coyote-based 5.4 v8. This would all give it enough juice to slot above the DH but below a future GT500. But then the only question is, would they call this car GT350? They teased a street-legal GT3 Mustang, but slapping a Cobra on it and adding a 5 and 0 at the end of the name kind of severs the tie to the racing version.

OP
OP
agreywolfe

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
"to me all signs point to Lauderdale"
Was that a sneaky A Day to Remember reference?

To the threads topic, I think the biggest reason to next expect a GT350 is the Dark Horse, for the reasons you mentioned. There is really only one possibility I see, and that's the teasing Ford has done about a street legal variant of the GT3 racer. It would potentially have some of that crazier bodywork of the race car, more downforce, and maybe a version of that Coyote-based 5.4 v8. This would all give it enough juice to slot above the DH but below a future GT500. But then the only question is, would they call this car GT350? They teased a street-legal GT3 Mustang, but slapping a Cobra on it and adding a 5 and 0 at the end of the name kind of severs the tie to the racing version.
on the flip side slapping a GT350 on it is a slap in the face to Ford Performance and the SVT where the cobra name originated in favor of Shelby, a company that wasnt involved in making the GT3...maybe call it the Boss since the original WAS a race car...

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
I know it was mentioned the DH isn't as Hardcore as the GT350, but I bet it outperforms it on some tracks. The Mach 1 HP already beat the GT350R lightning lap, i expect the CF wheel DH will definitely be more than a match. That being said, if a new GT350 came out, I would expect it to be a slot higher than the DH, but from the opinions of some that I have seen, I am not sure they understand that the S650 DH will most likely outperform the S550 GT350, and that the Mach 1 HP already has in some tests (with an arguably more reliable engine)
S650 Mustang I dont think there will be a GT350... Screenshot_20230728_175014_Chrome

Last edited:

Revan9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I know it was mentioned the DH isn't as Hardcore as the GT350, but I bet it outperforms it on some tracks. The Mach 1 HP already beat the GT350R lightning lap, i expect the CF wheel DH will definitely be more than a match. That being said, if a new GT350 came out, I would expect it to be a slot higher than the DH, but from the opinions of some that I have seen, I am not sure they understand that the S650 DH will most likely outperform the S550 GT350, and that the Mach 1 HP already has in some tests (with an arguably more reliable engine)
Screenshot_20230728_175014_Chrome.jpg
Weren't there some issues with the 350R Lightning Lap? I seem to remember people having an issue with it. I'm sure the DH will be faster on some tracks especially if the tires are grippier.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
This lines up with what my dealer said. They had a Shelby rep stop by a couple weeks ago who said they were targeting 850hp for the new gt500. Thing is going to be a monster.
Interesting if true. But something to keep in mind is dealerships have no idea what kind of products are in development, they're like you and me. They can guess, but aside from a few very rare occasions, they have no idea what's going on behind the curtain. I've heard dealership employees claim they heard from Ford so and so, but it's rarely true. For instance, there are dealership employees a few years ago who claimed Ford was planning to make s650 an EV only. That was clearly inaccurate.

That would be cool if they were going to make the next gt500 even more insane. But I can't really trust what they're saying or what they're claiming their sources told them.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
i assume you meant GT3 not GT4 there lol. i dont doubt that there will be a more high performing NA mustang, but i dont think well see it in the shelby form, i honestly think if we got a GT3 road car it would either be a GT branded name or a Cobra because ultimately the GT3 is an FR car.
You're right, meant to say GT3. Calling it the mustang Cobra is definitely cleaner than saying gt350/500. But then Ford runs into the same issue of having to pay to use Shelby's naming conventions. If Ford wanted to use the Cobra name, I feel as though that would be perfect for a c8 rival or something like that, tying into the original Cobra v Corvette rivalry.
Sponsored