• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

I dont think there will be a GT350...

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW 440
I think a hybrid v8 or v6 performance model is definitely something they must be thinking about. One angle i havent seen referenced in the forums much is the Formula 1 partnership with redbull powertrains. I assume most are at least peripherally aware that in 2026 there will be a (partially) ford branded hybrid performance powertrain powering 2 teams in F1. (new rules continue the v6 turbo layout but ~50% of power must come from the battery) I cant see why they wouldn't try to capitalize on that marketing opportunity and the learnings from the program partnership to bring something to market. According to red bull the partnership is more than just branding with ford providing expertise on the battery/hybrid side.
Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
I think a hybrid v8 or v6 performance model is definitely something they must be thinking about. One angle i havent seen referenced in the forums much is the Formula 1 partnership with redbull powertrains. I assume most are at least peripherally aware that in 2026 there will be a (partially) ford branded hybrid performance powertrain powering 2 teams in F1. (new rules continue the v6 turbo layout but ~50% of power must come from the battery) I cant see why they wouldn't try to capitalize on that marketing opportunity and the learnings from the program partnership to bring something to market. According to red bull the partnership is more than just branding with ford providing expertise on the battery/hybrid side.
This is only if you don't count the Mach-E as an Electric Engine, battery combo. I'm seeing they developing this more in the Mach-E branding than on the actual Mustang. With that been said I can't believe so much of you are arguing that a hybrid Mustang is needed. Why you want to add more pounds to the already heavy car. If there is something that the Mustang really really need is not AWD, Hybrid etc is Aluminium. Fuck yesterday Porsche presented a 500 hp 3000 lbs car ours is 4000 lbs for same power. And Farley is talking about beating Porsche yeah right.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
This is only if you don't count the Mach-E as an Electric Engine, battery combo. I'm seeing they developing this more in the Mach-E branding than on the actual Mustang. With that been said I can't believe so much of you are arguing that a hybrid Mustang is needed. Why you want to add more pounds to the already heavy car. If there is something that the Mustang really really need is not AWD, Hybrid etc is Aluminium. Fuck yesterday Porsche presented a 500 hp 3000 lbs car ours is 4000 lbs for same power. And Farley is talking about beating Porsche yeah right.
start at $291,650 ??

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
start at $291,650 ??
Yeah but my point is not the price but the fact that while Mustang is getting heavier and heavier. The Porsche could be made that light and this is mostly because it's a 70% aluminium chassis.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Yeah but my point is not the price but the fact that while Mustang is getting heavier and heavier. The Porsche could be made that light and this is mostly because it's a 70% aluminium chassis.
It’s also a vw.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)