• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Will there be an S650 refresh in 2026/2027?

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
You guys thinking politics has anything to do with this are putting the cart before the horse.

The corporations have MORE power than the White House.
Going EV is what they want. Govt is just a patsy.
Sponsored

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
You guys thinking politics has anything to do with this are putting the cart before the horse.

The corporations have MORE power than the White House.
Going EV is what they want. Govt is just a patsy.
I honestly don't care who's fault it is. I'm just pissed that with every passing hurricane or flood our precious American muscle cars become more and more extinct. Mustang is now an endangered species.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I honestly don't care who's fault it is. I'm just pissed that with every passing hurricane or flood our precious American muscle cars become more and more extinct. Mustang is now an endangered species.
With every passing hurricane they need to build more Evs because the ones they have keep bursting into flames …. But…

:steps down from soap box:

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Most of the people who ordered a car didn't received it yet, and we are here to discuss a facelift already.

The S550 came out in July 2014 and the facelift came out somewhere in 2017 I guess? That's a 3 year difference.
Do you think that the S650 will have a refresh that soon as well? That should be somewhere around 2026/2027 if they do the same as the previous generation.

In my opinion this is too quick. Many people don't buy the car on the first year it comes out. That means they will buy a new car and in 1 or 2 years there will be a newer one already. That's how technology and commerce work right? LOL.

I was a huge fan of the refresh model of the previous gen. It looked so much better than the 2015 model. I liked the front and the headlights and especially the ambient light with the new digital cluster. To me it was a huge upgrade.

If there are rumours that a refresh will come out around 2026/2027, then I will consider the wait, because in my opinion this new Mustang is not that new and futuristic as they advertised and has some things that I really like to see it done better on the refresh.

I still can't decide whether I like the rear or not. Sometimes I like it and sometimes not so much.
I still can't decide whether the large ipads on the dash are an upgrade or not. The screens are nice, but I prefer it tucked away in a curved dashboard.
The ambient light is a downgrade compared to the previous gen

I'm willing to pay 50k Euro's for a full optioned GT, but I want to feel that everything what is important to me is how I want it to be. The 2018+ was exactly how I wanted the Mustang. So I guess I'm going to wait for a refresh and travel a bit more around the world while waiting for it.

There will be an MLU. When I don't know. I talked to someone who I can't name, and they said there will definitely be one. As soon as the 2018 cars were? I don't know.

jamespmoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2020 Explorer ST, 2004 Thunderbird
Really folks--the car just got released. I'm more interested in what after market parts I can get now rather than concern myself when there will be a refresh.

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
I think there will be facelift coming around 2026
I doubt it, I think they’re more likely focusing on a Shelby version 350 or 500 of the S650.
This shape in my opinion will stay atleast 2027/2028

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
Its pretty safe to say that 2027 will be a mid-cycle refresh ! Also depending on whats happening on nov 4th the electric C02 climate hoax might be gone for good and even GM and Dodge have to join the V8 party if the want to survive because electric cars cover less than 10% of the customer base which means no matter what the government dictates 90% of new car buyer want cars with gasoline or diesel engines 👍And that for good reasons…Look at the Mustang Mach E…Despite lowering the prices Ford cant give them away…🤣

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW 335i
I think Farley is gone next year, take what he says with a grain of salt.

ford is literally putting ALL of its investment into EV factories and JV battery plants, while simultaneously closing engine/trans plants.

the writing is on the wall for us to see, not what they say but what they do.

look at Chevy/dodge….. ford is already falling behind them in the race to convert.
This post did not age well.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
This post did not age well.
I work for Ford… trust me …the longer we can delay “blue oval city” Tennessee, the better it
Is for me.

But it’s still the future…. We have product cycles scheduled to ramp up 2028-2032, electric broncos, rangers and likely mustangs although they aren’t carved out yet.

I think Farley is trying to work a battery deal with Elon perhaps to save his ass.

not making predictions…. Sharing plans.
If everything gets pushed back 5-10 years or
Not… the money is already in the ground.

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
I work for Ford… trust me …the longer we can delay “blue oval city” Tennessee, the better it
Is for me.

But it’s still the future…. We have product cycles scheduled to ramp up 2028-2032, electric broncos, rangers and likely mustangs although they aren’t carved out yet.

I think Farley is trying to work a battery deal with Elon perhaps to save his ass.

not making predictions…. Sharing plans.
If everything gets pushed back 5-10 years or
Not… the money is already in the ground.
I think the electric future is already over for so many reasons and the manufacturers who have invested the least in the electric crap will be the ones surviving this crisis created by the idiots in Washington and Brussels…If the big legacy manufacturers wont survive by having wasted everything on the electric “future” the chinese will be more than happy to make and sell all the new cars with internal combustion engines like they do already all our cell phones today…They should pull the plug 🔌 immediately instead of wasting more money better spend on ICEngines look at F150 Lightning or Mach-E sales but what do I know…Same for Stellantis laying off 400 engineers and sitting soon on tons of E-Chargers despite their awesome fake exhaust notes…I would laugh if it wasnt so sad seeing billions wasted and people who actually make things loosing their jobs in the US & Europe…

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
When the F150 Lightning came out they were all going fast for 10k to 20k over sticker

now new ones are all over for 10k to 15k under sticker

unless I was running a local delivery business's I can’t imagine buying an electric truck. I work from home and we use our truck for long trips

Same thing with electric sports cars… I just can’t … I know they are faster but I just can’t …
They are just too boring the 99 percent of time your cruising …

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I think the electric future is already over
maybe battery as the sole source but fancy caps may find a purpose
Sponsored