• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

I dont think there will be a GT350...

Germansheperd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hellcat Jailbreak
I’ve said this over and over as of right now there is NO contract between Ford and Shelby American. Ford cannot make a GT350 or GT500 with the Shelby name attached to the cars without a contract between them.
The last contract expired after the 22MY.
Sponsored

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Weren't there some issues with the 350R Lightning Lap? I seem to remember people having an issue with it. I'm sure the DH will be faster on some tracks especially if the tires are grippier.

They repaved the track between when the GT350 ran and when the Mach 1 ran....different days/ different temperatures.....different pavement.... so yes there is an issue with comparing the 2 track times....

That being said....I dont expect the times would be that far off- same for the Dark Horse vs. the Mach 1 vs. the GT350 - I think would all come down to driver between the 3

As a 350 owner who has previously owned S550 GTs with suspension work and driven a few Mach 1s I believe when SV says they are more hard core- I believe he is referencing "feel" vs. track times...

The VooDoo really does change the car - add in tram lining/ and a general lack of refinement in the GT350 - it really does make the car feel alive... the sound adds an element that the Coyote just cant provide ..... I mean there are people still paying more for 19/20 GT350Rs then GT500 base models when the 500 is without a doubt faster (I have driven multiple 500s as well) its because the 350 is an experience vs. a lap time in my opinion....

I still remember the first time I drove a 350R- put into track mode and literally it overwhelmed my senses at first- the car was literally yelling feedback at me....it was never calm....

That being said...I absolutely LOVE the Coyote....still have a Coyote in my Roush F150- specifically wanted that motor over the EcoBoost F150- even though the EcoBoost is faster....I wanted that Coyote sound.....

(Edit- I LOVE the Predator too- if you ever get a chance to drive one....get it up to about 30MPH...then let her eat.....you will blink and be at 100MPH- its an absolutely amazing car)

Ill add this...my buddy has both a 19 NSX with tune/ exhaust/other mods and 23 Lamborghini Technica - the 19 NSX is faster....but the driving the Technica provides an experience the NSX can not replicate....(and its not that the NSX is not fun to drive- its an amazing vehicle) I could see the Dark Horse vs. GT350 being similar- with the Dark Horse setting slightly faster lap times but not being not as hard core of an experience.....

Last edited:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
GTE50?

I wouldn't say there's no room for the GT350 in the current lineup, according to Savagegeese the DH isn't as hardcore as the GT350/R. The GT3 is really what will take its spot and I imagine they could still call that a GT350. Anyway, I don't think they'd call the first Hybrid Mustang a GT350, it would likely be quicker than a GT500, maybe heavier as well and use an auto transmission.

Maybe Mustang Spark Horse
Jeeeeezusssss don’t give them ideas 😭

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I’ve said this over and over as of right now there is NO contract between Ford and Shelby American. Ford cannot make a GT350 or GT500 with the Shelby name attached to the cars without a contract between them.
That sucks because everything Shelby American makes is mediocre

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
A year or so ago Ford laid off a bunch of people. Some of those were working in Ford Performance and the Mustang around ICE platforms. Shelby picked up a ringer (Kash Singh) for their program that is well versed in mustangs and the circles it creates. He has been doing his thing from events and festivals to Pikes Peak. Shelby will have a car back in the game shortly….in a year model or so.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Interesting if true. But something to keep in mind is dealerships have no idea what kind of products are in development, they're like you and me. They can guess, but aside from a few very rare occasions, they have no idea what's going on behind the curtain. I've heard dealership employees claim they heard from Ford so and so, but it's rarely true. For instance, there are dealership employees a few years ago who claimed Ford was planning to make s650 an EV only. That was clearly inaccurate.

That would be cool if they were going to make the next gt500 even more insane. But I can't really trust what they're saying or what they're claiming their sources told them.
I agree with you for sure, all heresay until it's actually released. Only reason I have some belief in it is my dealer is the largest in the world so believing they had a Shelby rep come by and talk about the upcoming car has a little more weight than the usual dealer talk.

I also don't see Shelby coming out with any less or equal performance to the last GT500 so it's not too far a stretch to say they're targeting 100 more hp.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Unfortunate but not surprising. I would really love if Ford just bought Shelby outright for like 50-100 mil and turned them back into an experimental division that Ford could use to test out radical ideas and designs without jeopardizing their brands image. Something that returned the Shelby name to it's former glory and made it worth something in the auto industry again. It's sad to see how far Shelby America has fallen. From once a glorious powerhouse innovating to beat the world at their own game, to what it is now, a shop that throws stickers and chrome wheels on cars and charges 20 grand for pleasure.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The plan established in 2012-‘13 was to use the GT350 for homologation in Grand Am/Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge for the entire run of the S550 platform. At the time, and this was reported on CONSTANTLY and CONSISTENTLY, the GT350 had ALWAYS intended to be produced up to the 2022 calendar year. There were many that wanted the GT350 to continue beyond 2022 but, there were many factors that changed Ford’s mind.

A few monumental changes being:

1.) The Camaro died

2.) The Flat-Plane was expensive

3.) The Mustang moved up a class

4.) The 4th and most impactful change was IMSA’s purchase of Grand Am and the homologation rules had changed significantly.

Ford used the Flat-Plane engine to carve out a legitimate mechanical advantage over the ENTIRE Grand Am GS field. After 2 seasons of GT350, the GS class was dominated and many manufacturers began to drop out.

Some argued or wished the 350 would be gone by 2018 but the plan was always 2022.

Will there be another GT350? Absolutely… but I doubt we will see one until a true Gen 7 Mustang is developed. I believe Ford is going back to the 1965-‘70 design in 2030 like the new Dodge Charger did. We will likely see a retro-rendition with over the top stripes and classic lines.

Nobody should be surprised that 2022 was a turning point for the GT350. Up until 2020, the Dark Horse was headed for a GT350 badge but we had to wait for 2022 to see what Ford did. thePill went totally out of his way to reiterate that 2022 was an important year for the 350. We had hoped for a continuation but, if Mustang can win races with the 5.0, we can wait…

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Just give me till 2030 for a GT500 please!!!!! Lol I need to pay this one off before I can get the next lmao

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
This lines up with what my dealer said. They had a Shelby rep stop by a couple weeks ago who said they were targeting 850hp for the new gt500. Thing is going to be a monster.
Given what Ford has done with the S650 Mustang we're safe to assume that the next GT500 will at the base be an upgraded version. Slightly more HP, a few tweaks here and there (same as S550 GT - S650 GT) and we have the new GT500... So far everything Ford has shown were incremental steps. The community is begging for something big but so far we haven't gotten anything in that direction. Besides, I'm not so sure what another 100hp or 200hp could add to the car... It lacks traction... I would prefer AWD over any hp boost (supercharged or TT).

I would love to see a GT350 but since the Voodoo is gone and the new GT500 is one and a half years away there is really no point in offering an "in-between" car.

Keep in mind: Ford Europe doesn't want to sell non hybrid cars beyond 2025 and the first S650s will be delivered to the EU towards 2024 so either these information are outdated, the Mustang gets an exception or there will be a hybrid Mustang past 2025...

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Given what Ford has done with the S650 Mustang we're safe to assume that the next GT500 will at the base be an upgraded version. Slightly more HP, a few tweaks here and there (same as S550 GT - S650 GT) and we have the new GT500... So far everything Ford has shown were incremental steps. The community is begging for something big but so far we haven't gotten anything in that direction. Besides, I'm not so sure what another 100hp or 200hp could add to the car... It lacks traction... I would prefer AWD over any hp boost (supercharged or TT).

I would love to see a GT350 but since the Voodoo is gone and the new GT500 is one and a half years away there is really no point in offering an "in-between" car.

Keep in mind: Ford Europe doesn't want to sell non hybrid cars beyond 2025 and the first S650s will be delivered to the EU towards 2024 so either these information are outdated, the Mustang gets an exception or there will be a hybrid Mustang past 2025...
Regulations can always change. Evs aren’t as clean as they claim. Production results in 2+ years of equivalent ice usage before parity is obtained.

Germansheperd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hellcat Jailbreak

Hate to break it to you there is no GT500 due in a year in a half.

A10devil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Reminds me of the same conjecture we saw with AWD Mustangs.
Sponsored