• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I'm afraid overseas buyers will be at a disadvantage for two reasons, one much more than the other:

1. Inflation: affecting us all and the overall price of the car.

2. The US dollar: it has appreciated markedly against virtually every other currency in the last year.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Obviously the car isn't as hyped as S550. Just look at how active the forum here is, it's good but nowhere near S550 activity on near launch.

I honestly don't expect a big boost in Mustang sales. Prices are just way higher than the really affordable S550 combined with how high all regular prices for living and interest rates went. It will catch some of the customers of Camaros and Challengers next year since they are leaving the market. But we will have to see how the sales are going once the EV Charger and the coming EV Camaro models are out in a few years.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
The price is going to increase in EU? by how much?
In Korea, most dealers say that S650 will be $10,000 US more expensive than current S550 GT Premium PP1 selling here. For that much money we can buy used M3, M4 here...
I was referring to the price increase for the S550. Most likely the S650 will be another 1000-5000 EUR more compared to a S550, but let's see!

But yes it is getting quite expensive :(

I was in Seoul(awesome city) 2018 for work and saw only one S550 :D

Jjr36011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 XLT
I will hope they beg us to buy them so I can get a great deal. But lets be honest. When chevy and dodge finally finish it and theres only mustang. Do you thing there will be LESS sales? I honestly doubt it. Esp once all the good old s550s dry up.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
When chevy and dodge finally finish it and theres only mustang. Do you thing there will be LESS sales?
yes. people will simply not buy or buy some other genre. When you didn't choose S550 over the competition when it was available, you're not about to buy the last man standing because it's your own remaining choice. You'll go buy a Stinger or faux-M or something along those lines. There will be some exceptions of course, but it'll be single digit percentage. And you forget, all this "last year" crap can be undone without much trouble when the EV replacement crashes and burns. In case of Chevy, Camaro is an EASY re-launch as a re-skinned Caddy.

Jjr36011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 XLT
When you didn't choose S550 over the competition when it was available, you're not about to buy the last man standing because it's your own remaining choice. You'll go buy a Stinger or faux-M or something along those lines.
Meh something tells me someone looking for a v8 muscle car is going to avoid those two vehicles (esp the stinger 🤣 ) and go ahead to the next logical choice.

We will have the sales data when they release and sell a while and we can revisit this with the results if we remember ;)

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stuff With Wheels
I do think the lack of physical controls might hurt sales significantly. Just like the electronic braking it could be a deal killer for quite a few people.
I've already mentioned that the styling (especially interior) killed any and all interest I may have had, but lack of physical controls nailed the coffin lid on tight. I'll never buy a vehicle that's touchscreen only for HVAC and such.

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
Hard to say. Lots of factors. With Challenger and Camaro bowing out, good. I think initial sales will be good if no ADMs. Some dealerships still trying to get last year's prices w/ADMs. Will see if the come around. Also, economic trends and interest rates may hurt sales late in the year into late 2024. Forecasters see a major drop in the car market this October. Discounts may be seen.

Side note: Personally, I think it's ugly and subpar and will get the 2010 treatment. Refresh in next two MY's.

Last edited:

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1; AT; M0960
Loss of Challenger/Camaro will bring some customers over but I think a lot of S550 owners will stay put with what they have. I think the interior changes are very off-putting to S550 owners and the so-called upgraded interior is not going to move their target audience into a Mustang. Overall I think it will be down from S550 numbers throughout the lifespan.

Leo22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Convertible
I have been wondering this for quite a while. Every new generation of the mustang has seen a large boost in sales compared to the generation before. Considering that last year was record low sales, and I do not expect 2023 to sell much more.

Screenshot 2023-03-21 8.23.41 AM.png

From 2014 to 2015 we saw about 40k more sales. If that were to stay the same, we would have about 80 to 90k sales. That would be the worst selling generation of mustang, questioning whether a new generation was the right choice. I know it was, but still...

I do not expect the S650 to sell more than 100-110k. There is one way it can have better sales than 2015, and that would be if it attracts all of the people who were to buy the challenger and camaro.
I have been wondering this for quite a while. Every new generation of the mustang has seen a large boost in sales compared to the generation before. Considering that last year was record low sales, and I do not expect 2023 to sell much more.

Screenshot 2023-03-21 8.23.41 AM.png

From 2014 to 2015 we saw about 40k more sales. If that were to stay the same, we would have about 80 to 90k sales. That would be the worst selling generation of mustang, questioning whether a new generation was the right choice. I know it was, but still...

I do not expect the S650 to sell more than 100-110k. There is one way it can have better sales than 2015, and that would be if it attracts all of the people who were to buy the challenger and camaro.
I talked to my dealer last Saturday. Besides one DH, they are only allotted between 2-3 new stangs. Ford will also be shipping out one red Mustang from the factory to each dealer. This model could be a GT or Eco Boost. The dealer has no say. Its going to be hard to reach 100k in sales. I am predicting a low volume year.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
The mustang/Camaro/dodge in 2015 was in an era of lack of cheap high performance sporty vehicles. Now in the era of affordable evs and more expensive gasoline, I doubt the s650 will do nearly as well as the s550 did. A model 3 RWD can be had for $45K and a performance AWD variant is $55K. And in more liberal states like here in cali, there is up to a combined $13.5K in federal/state rebate making a model 3 start at $32.5K and $42.5K for the performance. 0-60 3.2 seconds vs a base GT at $42K at 3.9s. In addition, the s650 is seemingly just a s550 with some suspension upgrades from the gt500/mach1 etc, a tuned up motor(rather cool to have a double airbox), and a styling refresh. So in the end, it’s no longer cheap and creeps into the ev and “premium” sports car territory of the bmws and a bit of a stretch the 718s.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
I personally think the S650 will sell well and I have mentioned that once or twice in the past as well. We only think about early adopters and to be honest Ford doesn't care as much as for new adopters and that is why they have also created those dashboards as it kicks with the Zeitgeist.

You can whine about it as much as you want and MAYBE your integrated dash may come to play once in the future again, who knows.....

There is currently a big debate about the future of ICE vehicles. No new fossil fuel vehicles are to be allowed to be registered in the EU from 2035. An exception to the ban is planned for e-fuels. In other words, synthetic fuels.

However cars that are registered before 2035, can continue to operate. EU wants to focus on EV for the future but according to economists and analytics, the complete shift from ICE to EV would take more than 50 years and the infrastructure at the moment is a joke.

Anyway guys let us all enjoy the (maybe) last generation of fully natural aspirated V8's!

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Meh something tells me someone looking for a v8 muscle car is going to avoid those two vehicles (esp the stinger 🤣 ) and go ahead to the next logical choice.

We will have the sales data when they release and sell a while and we can revisit this with the results if we remember ;)
Unless the owners of Challengers and Camaro were living under a rock, they’ve known what was happening for a long while now and probably a large percentage plan to keep their vehicles rather than brand swap. Especially the Challenger owners.

Last edited:

Jjr36011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 XLT
Unless the owners of Challengers and Camaro were living under a rock, they’ve known what was happening for a long while now and probably a large percentage plan to keep their vehicles rather than brand swap. Especially the Challenger owners.
I know we have this group think on the forums but we are a small percentage. Not everyone is a brand loyalist. Id wager most people shop multiple brands. Note I said “ Someone looking for a v8 muscle car” not a 392 or LT1 owner.

When the only *New* vehicle that will fit that formula will be the only one standing in 2 years I doubt as many are gonna back and buy a 2 year old dodge or camaro as an alt much.
Sponsored

Last edited: