• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
When the only *New* vehicle that will fit that formula will be the only one standing in 2 years I doubt many are gonna back and buy a 2 year old dodge or Camaro as an alt.
Not sure about that. With a pretty basic GT* nearing $50k a one or two year old Dodge or Chevy could make a good choice and save thousands of dollars.

*Base GT with 301A, 10AT, & Active Exhaust. MSRP $47,310 + $1595 Shipping & delivery.
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
I know we have this group think on the forums but we are a small percentage. Not everyone is a brand loyalist. Id wager most people shop multiple brands. Note I said “ Someone looking for a v8 muscle car” not a 392 or LT1 owner.

When the only *New* vehicle that will fit that formula will be the only one standing in 2 years I doubt as many are gonna back and buy a 2 year old dodge or camaro as an alt much.
My comment was not primarily focused on brand, but more focused on the fact that notwithstanding V8, the Challenger as it still is for the moment, is not a vehicle that could be cross shopped with just about anything else because of it’s unique and classic oriented design.

Jjr36011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 XLT
Not sure about that. With a pretty basic GT* nearing $50k a one or two year old Dodge or Chevy could make a good choice and save thousands of dollars.

*Base GT with 301A, 10AT, & Active Exhaust. MSRP $47,310 + $1595 Shipping & delivery.
Very true, I thought that too until I saw post after post here and other places with so many dark horse orders , a vehicle that is N/A and passing ZL1 and gt500 levels in terms of price. I saw someone happy to spend 86k! Definently have it better than me 🤣 What car could I get for that? But, there will be deals and there will be promotions for the regular gt. That price wont slow down people.

Sure, someone could go get a 23 and save a buttload. Will some yes! Will most. Sadly no. Not with the upgrades, whether to any one persons liking or not, separating the s650 and the competition.

There is a reason this is the last one as most companies are going EV. But this thing will sell. Hell, if not I will be getting my 2025 for a good deal!

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very true, I thought that too until I saw post after post here and other places with so many dark horse orders , a vehicle that is N/A and passing ZL1 and gt500 levels in terms of price. I saw someone happy to spend 86k! Definently have it better than me 🤣 What car could I get for that? But, there will be deals and there will be promotions for the regular gt. That price wont slow down people.

Sure, someone could go get a 23 and save a buttload. Will some yes! Will most. Sadly no. Not with the upgrades, whether to any one persons liking or not, separating the s650 and the competition.

There is a reason this is the last one as most companies are going EV. But this thing will sell. Hell, if not I will be getting my 2025 for a good deal!
Only one problem. They aren’t upgrades.

Jjr36011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 XLT
Only one problem. They aren’t upgrades.
Well that may be more a personal thing for each man to decide for himself. You may prefer analogs in your 86k dark horse! :rockon:
Ford is certainly promoting it as such and Ford definently hasn't been doing a bad job of that this go around.

Liking the fast responses!

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well that may be more a personal thing for each man to decide for himself. You may prefer analogs in your 86k dark horse! :rockon:
Ford is certainly promoting it as such and Ford definently hasn't been doing a bad job of that this go around.

Liking the fast responses!
I must’ve missed something.

Jjr36011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 XLT
Well, the digital gauge cluster seems to be the one of the biggest detractors on the new model. I was just guessing that was one of the things you may not believe is an upgrade? I wasn't being specific to you with the comment.

Can’t see too many other things that can’t be seen as an upgrade from 23-24.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think we now have an idea of how to answer the thread…..

Last edited:

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
At Ford Nationals the blank (powered off) panels were definitely not doing Ford any favors. Why Ford pays their marketing people money is beyond me, they're stupider than rocks.

It's not a bad looking car at casual glance. But that front bumper and it's ratio is so far off (wrong) between balance of black vs color, it's a wonder if nobody bothered to evaluate the design with colors aside from black or carbonite gray.

The flat plastic expanse on the DH nose was ghastly, even if it was was on Vapor Blue which masks it somewhat.

With any luck Ford will pull a Chevy and have an emergency redesign of the entire front for 25.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Well, the digital gauge cluster seems to be the one of the biggest detractors on the new model. I was just guessing that was one of the things you may not believe is an upgrade? I wasn't being specific to you with the comment.

Can’t see too many other things that can’t be seen as an upgrade from 23-24.
Distraction? The digital screens are the attraction for me. If it had the new body and the same or very close to the current dash I wouldn't have ordered one.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 23 Bronco Sp, 12 Boss, 66 V8 Coupe
i was at the Ford Carlisle Nationals, and gave the Ford Rep an ear full of why i didnt like the interior.
he told me there was a lot of controversy over the interior dash and didnt want to go into detail.
i told him specifically that is why i would not buy this car.
i have been told (i think on this website) that in a roundabout way my opinions dont matter which is ok.
i have also gotten flack for my comments about the prices of the Mustangs now.... being told its due to "inflation" etc. but look where the mustang was/came from.... it was supposed to be the car everyone could afford and have. wasnt meant to be the "super luxurious" euro cars that hit 6-figure price tags.... but even now the DH (and probably soon to be GT will) has gas guzzler tax added, and when did you ever see that on a normal Mustang? never. only the shelby's with like 800hp and $100,000 price tags had that. the exclusivity of the mustang is getting greater now and the only ones who will be able to afford one is those who have boatloads of $$ dripping out of their pockets or who is willing to go into financial debt to own one....
sorry but i have to say that it is not the car for everyone today....
granted car pricing is going up everywhere and not just this but i think we have moved away from the original context of why we have the mustang in the first place....
i dont think there is a real solution for this but it doesnt help when someone walks into the dealership and drops the $$ for the $25k markup on a car just because he/she wants it.....
puts us all in a bad place to actually purchase and enjoy something.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
i was at the Ford Carlisle Nationals, and gave the Ford Rep an ear full of why i didnt like the interior.
he told me there was a lot of controversy over the interior dash and didnt want to go into detail.
i told him specifically that is why i would not buy this car.
i have been told (i think on this website) that in a roundabout way my opinions dont matter which is ok.
i have also gotten flack for my comments about the prices of the Mustangs now.... being told its due to "inflation" etc. but look where the mustang was/came from.... it was supposed to be the car everyone could afford and have. wasnt meant to be the "super luxurious" euro cars that hit 6-figure price tags.... but even now the DH (and probably soon to be GT will) has gas guzzler tax added, and when did you ever see that on a normal Mustang? never. only the shelby's with like 800hp and $100,000 price tags had that. the exclusivity of the mustang is getting greater now and the only ones who will be able to afford one is those who have boatloads of $$ dripping out of their pockets or who is willing to go into financial debt to own one....
sorry but i have to say that it is not the car for everyone today....
granted car pricing is going up everywhere and not just this but i think we have moved away from the original context of why we have the mustang in the first place....
i dont think there is a real solution for this but it doesnt help when someone walks into the dealership and drops the $$ for the $25k markup on a car just because he/she wants it.....
puts us all in a bad place to actually purchase and enjoy something.
Your signature says you own 6 cars. Why not just sell one?

For people who really need a mustang over anything else, a $31k Ecoboost is still a great car for the money.

I don't know why you put inflation in quotes. It's very real and affecting prices of everything.

A base mustang in 1964 would be about $23k today. Lower than today's base sure. But you're missing out on decades of safety features, tech, creature comforts, handling, power, reliability, etc.

The real problem isn't the mustangs price, it's the stagnation of pay raises compared to increasing inflation.

Last edited:

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
I don't know why you put inflation in quotes. It's very real and affecting prices of everything.
25% "inflation" in both 2020 and 2021 on the price of the Performance Pack isn't inflation. It's usury. Maybe even theft.

The price of the base car rising over the last 3 years is defensible in light of unapologetic currency destruction by Congress.

Part of the delta in a constant dollar comparison is the "official" inflation figures are bald-faced lies, but more so the deliberate and pernicious costs imposed on industry by way of the EPA and in no small part the Labor Unions.

it's the stagnation of pay raises compared to increasing inflation.
true, but your betters/masters have said for millennia, that you will own nothing and be happy about it. Embrace the servitude. It makes you stronger.

Last edited:

Walt Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT FB. 6M. Twister O. 2020 Conv GT 10A - MagnaRide, Twister O.
In Australia these things will sell like hotcakes.