• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Why did you get an Automatic over a 6 Speed?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
That said, there are days when I miss a 6 speed manual Mustang.
I do as well, but it's not for performance reasons -- it's a visceral thing. :)
Sponsored

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
I bough an auto for a couple reasons. The 10 speed is faster, I am 70 and not any fun on long trip in traffic with a manual, plus I still have my Corvette and one of my other Mustangs that has a manual. Of my 4 toy cars, two are auto and two are manual.

McSmugger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I was torn between auto and manual. My heart wanted a manual because I love driving and racing and I've never had one. I've never driven a manual car, but I do have a motorcycle so I know how to do it.

My brain wanted a 3.55 auto for practicality (it's a daily driver) and it being faster than the 3.15. Also in the back of my mind, I thought since it was more expensive it must be better.

In the end, I'm happy with my automatic. It's fun and fast!

EdMan63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse, 2023 Explorer ST
I work at a dealership and purchased a Dark Horse that had been on the showroom for awhile. It just so happened to be an auto. I didn't order it and it was more of a "hmmm maybe it's time for another Mustang" moment. I've had several in the past and all were manual. Matter of fact most cars I had early on in my driving life were manuals. If I ordered a Dark Horse I might have opted for the manual because by default that's what I was used to. But the 10r80 so far has not been bad at all.

shepshep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
My personal reasons:
Better performance
Better daily drivability in traffic
More comfort features (remote start mainly)
Still retains manual shifting via the paddle system

But mostly:
Daily drove my manual 2010 GT for 5 years and honestly don't see the appeal of having to use a clutch pedal.
You nailed it, I have had manuals and love them but at my age give me the 10 speed auto!

JPGC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2022 HD Road King Special

MGHTYDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW i4 M50; 2024 Mustang GT Premium
Let me start by saying, I have a 6 speed S650...

I got it, because it had been almost 15 years since I drove a manual, and I wanted to have some fun on the weekends when I drive this car. I came from a 2023 C8 Corvette, and it was GREAT. I just felt like I was not having as much fun. So when the 24 Mustang was announced, I placed an order in Nov. 2023. After selling my C8, I just waited for this car to arrive. Once I got it, I then remembered why I loved manuals so much. There is nothing wrong with an automatic, and most will tell you it's faster. But I think it comes down to the MODs, and the driver. Mainly the driver. I've seen MANY, 6 speeds cars KILL autos. But I'm not in it for that. I'm retired, and this is just a car I wanna have fun on sunny days with.

*Side note* - a car I would LOVE to get if I can find one in great shape, and with low enough miles is the 6 speed C6 Corvette. ZR1 Would be nice...

Why did you get an automatic over a 6 speed? Or you are rowing your own gears?
Easy...I don't know how to drive a manual!

myvaporblue5.0pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium/Vapor Blue/PP/401A
I really miss being able to catch 2nd on my way home in my 2019 GT Roush supercharged I had previously but the 10R80 is amazing in my 2024 GT PP. I'm 54 and enjoyed being able to shift in all of the manuals I previously owned but my knees have gotten the best of me. We had previously owned a Mustang GT PP with the 10R80 and were amazed how quickly it would shift gears so we knew we would not be disappointed with the 2024.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Don't buy an auto over a manual

S650 Mustang Why did you get an Automatic over a 6 Speed? Girly man

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Don't buy an auto over a manual

Girly man.jpg
Posting that image when driving a manual is literally just turning things on for the purpose of wacking around their firm sticks.

Jk, both options haves ups and downs, it's 100% drivers preference at this point.

Luckydog7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Hotse
Love a manual, BUT..
-a bad knee
-driving in traffic
-automatic advancements
my reasons for getting the automatic.

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
Honestly I had every reason to get an auto. I live in SoCal, where roads often suck and traffic can be unpredictable. I'd never owned a manual. Gas mileage is supposedly better. Less thinking about the car and more on what's going on outside of the car.

BUT... I got a manual, and I have zero regrets.
Sponsored