• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Remote Start for 6-speed MT

DashSTI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Dark Horse
I love a remote start function since 2006, warm up my car in winter and cool it down in summer.

But it seems no option for 6-speed manual stick shift, 10-speed AT only according to Ford info.

And this is my 1st time to own Mustang.

Do we have any way to make remote start for manual transmission on new Mustang... like aftermarket remote start ... 🤔

Since current technology recognizes whether gear is neutral and e-brake is on or not, system could handle fail safe interlock if gear is on 1st or R.
(But somebody needs to step on clutch pedal inside the car on current interlock 🤣)

If you have an experience to equip a remote start on MT Mustang, I would very much appreciate your feedback !!
Sponsored

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
OP
OP

DashSTI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Dark Horse
Aftermarket has been doing it for years. Personally, I'll just live without it. I have no experience with Compustar Remote Start, but they are a reputable company on the security side. Here's what I found.

https://www.compustar.com/blog/can-you-remote-start-a-manual-transmission-stick-shift-vehicle/
Thanks for your feedback.
I checked one of pro dealer of Compustar already, their system showed no firmware update for Mustang since 2018, which means Ford did not share any info of their harness / wiring / software to connect aftermarket security / remote system. Unfortunately no chance to use Compustar remote for 2018+ Mustang.

Rick Deppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Thanks for your feedback.
I checked one of pro dealer of Compustar already, their system showed no firmware update for Mustang since 2018, which means Ford did not share any info of their harness / wiring / software to connect aftermarket security / remote system. Unfortunately no chance to use Compustar remote for 2018+ Mustang.
I won't be driving mine in the winter. But it doesn't make since, why they can not put it on them. I'm foing to miss the remote Rev option. I think that would be awesome. With technology they should have figured out how to.do it.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
I won't be driving mine in the winter. But it doesn't make since, why they can not put it on them. I'm foing to miss the remote Rev option. I think that would be awesome. With technology they should have figured out how to.do it.
i remember hearing one of the engineers say in a video at one point the reason they dont have those for the manuals are for legal reasons. probably dont trust dumb asses to not try that stuff while the car is in gear.

ElectricGirafe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost
i remember hearing one of the engineers say in a video at one point the reason they dont have those for the manuals are for legal reasons. probably dont trust dumb asses to not try that stuff while the car is in gear.
This is precisely why. Of course, the aftermarket have been installing failsafes into their systems for years. However, for liability reasons, there's too much risk of a remote starter launching Mustangs into living rooms through the garage wall if left in gear when parking.

OP
OP

DashSTI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Dark Horse
This is precisely why. Of course, the aftermarket have been installing failsafes into their systems for years. However, for liability reasons, there's too much risk of a remote starter launching Mustangs into living rooms through the garage wall if left in gear when parking.
Sound like Mustang is very strong ... (^_^; Some of stick shift lovers tend to put 1st or R gear when parking a car without conscious.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Sound like Mustang is very strong ... (^_^; Some of stick shift lovers tend to put 1st or R gear when parking a car without conscious.
I was taught to park the car in gear many years ago. That changed several years ago because my driveway has a slope and I would find my car at the bottom of the slope. It appear that the engine is loose enough not to hold the car on the slope so now I also set the brake when parking on any slope. I haven't had a problem with it moving after that change.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I was taught to park the car in gear many years ago. That changed several years ago because my driveway has a slope and I would find my car at the bottom of the slope. It appear that the engine is loose enough not to hold the car on the slope so now I also set the brake when parking on any slope. I haven't had a problem with it moving after that change.
It amazes me how many people aren't taught to pull up the e-brake when parking. Takes half a second and gives you extra peace of mind.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It amazes me how many people aren't taught to pull up the e-brake when parking. Takes half a second and gives you extra peace of mind.
The 96 mustang doesn't have an e-brake and I learned on a 61 falcon which definitely didn't have anything electric other than the lights, radio and some of the gauges. Besides that, my driveway doesn't have that much of a slope or I would have used the parking brake. At 170,000 mile that engine has loosened more than I expected.

The old school taught when parking on a hill, turn the wheels into the curb so if the car rolls, you hit the curb. If there is no curb, turn the wheels so the car will roll out of traffic. Even the old parking brakes might not be enough on some hills. However my driveway doesn't have a curb.

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
There will be aftermarket remote starts for the Mustang with a MT.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
The 96 mustang doesn't have an e-brake and I learned on a 61 falcon which definitely didn't have anything electric other than the lights, radio and some of the gauges. Besides that, my driveway doesn't have that much of a slope or I would have used the parking brake. At 170,000 mile that engine has loosened more than I expected.

The old school taught when parking on a hill, turn the wheels into the curb so if the car rolls, you hit the curb. If there is no curb, turn the wheels so the car will roll out of traffic. Even the old parking brakes might not be enough on some hills. However my driveway doesn't have a curb.
Both of those car have e-brakes. And like Twizzty said e-brake stands for emergency brake or also referred to as the parking brake.

S650 Mustang Remote Start for 6-speed MT Screenshot 2023-05-29 132731

S650 Mustang Remote Start for 6-speed MT Screenshot 2023-05-29 132820

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Both of those car have e-brakes. And like Twizzty said e-brake stands for emergency brake or also referred to as the parking brake.
Oh, you mean emergency instead of electric. Actually they are parking brakes. You only use them as emergency brakes if all else fails because they don't work all that well. While the falcon didn't have a dual braking system the mustang does as well as pretty much made in the last 40 years. I have had two master cylinder failures and one system still works better than the parking brake.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Oh, you mean emergency instead of electric. Actually they are parking brakes. You only use them as emergency brakes if all else fails because they don't work all that well. While the falcon didn't have a dual braking system the mustang does as well as pretty much made in the last 40 years. I have had two master cylinder failures and one system still works better than the parking brake.
I said they were parking brakes? The words are synonymous. Regardless main point of this convo was I'm surprised more people aren't taught to use them every time you park. Their actual efficiency in an emergency is irrelevant.
Sponsored