• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Remote Start for 6-speed MT

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
I never got why the manual cannot be remote started, providing the obvious parameters are met.

The control module knows if it's in neutral, or not.
It also knows if the handbrake is on, or not.

This would be the typical parking arrangement in a typical garage, just like leaving an auto in park.

:headbang:
Sponsored

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
I won't be driving mine in the winter. But it doesn't make since, why they can not put it on them. I'm foing to miss the remote Rev option. I think that would be awesome. With technology they should have figured out how to.do it.
My thoughts exactly!!!

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I never got why the manual cannot be remote started, providing the obvious parameters are met.

The control module knows if it's in neutral, or not.
It also knows if the handbrake is on, or not.

This would be the typical parking arrangement in a typical garage, just like leaving an auto in park.

:headbang:
If it's not a logical/technical reason, then it's probably a lawyer/liability reason...

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
It amazes me how many people aren't taught to pull up the e-brake when parking. Takes half a second and gives you extra peace of mind.
i've lost track of how many times someone at my work parks a vehicle just put into gear with no parking brake. when i was taught how to drive manual i was told to put the parking brake on and not rely solely on engine compression. it's also led to me using my parking brake when parking on an incline even though i have an auto, so that i dont put so much stress on the parking pawl. i feel like Ford is giving the short end of the stick to the manual guys; no stop-and-go with the adaptive cruise, lane keeping instead of centering, no remote start

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
i've lost track of how many times someone at my work parks a vehicle just put into gear with no parking brake. when i was taught how to drive manual i was told to put the parking brake on and not rely solely on engine compression. it's also led to me using my parking brake when parking on an incline even though i have an auto, so that i dont put so much stress on the parking pawl. i feel like Ford is giving the short end of the stick to the manual guys; no stop-and-go with the adaptive cruise, lane keeping instead of centering, no remote start
Same here. Learned on a manual and used it ever since in every car I've driven, even on flat ground. It's so quick and easy why wouldn't you?

I can understand the no stop-go with manual, but lane centering has nothing to do with transmission so it's a little annoying. Rented an accord with lane centering for a 6hr drive recently and it was quite nice to have, really eased on the fatigue a lot. And although the remote start would be useful, it's far from a deal breaker.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
I love a remote start function since 2006, warm up my car in winter and cool it down in summer.

But it seems no option for 6-speed manual stick shift, 10-speed AT only according to Ford info.

And this is my 1st time to own Mustang.

Do we have any way to make remote start for manual transmission on new Mustang... like aftermarket remote start ... 🤔

Since current technology recognizes whether gear is neutral and e-brake is on or not, system could handle fail safe interlock if gear is on 1st or R.
(But somebody needs to step on clutch pedal inside the car on current interlock 🤣)

If you have an experience to equip a remote start on MT Mustang, I would very much appreciate your feedback !!
I have never heard of a manual Having a remote start. How do you start a manual without your foot on the clutch?

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Aftermarket has been doing it for years. Personally, I'll just live without it. I have no experience with Compustar Remote Start, but they are a reputable company on the security side. Here's what I found.

https://www.compustar.com/blog/can-you-remote-start-a-manual-transmission-stick-shift-vehicle/
Don’t think I would trust something like that to work. I have never even used the remote starts in my vehicles. Of course down here don’t need it in the winter, as it seldom gets be,i
https://www.compustar.com/blog/can-you-remote-start-a-manual-transmission-stick-shift-vehicle/

This is accomplished via clutch bypass, reservation mode, and built-in safety features
i know I read all of that, but I still wouldn’t want it