• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Why did you get an Automatic over a 6 Speed?

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
...In all reality, I don't get the whole manual vs auto thing. Either you want a manual or you want an auto...
i'm with you 100%, the whole manual vs auto debate is kinda lame, but when the manual or auto elitists get involved, it's just downright idiotic
Sponsored

kneeko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 S650 GT
Young guys opinion here. I have an auto 10r80 and without a doubt they are an absolute beast. Anyone that says that stock for stock manuals can be faster than an auto depending on the driver doesnā€™t know what theyā€™re talking about. However, that being said I sometimes wish I wouldā€™ve gotten a 6 speed. Iā€™ve driven manual and the feeling and fun will never compare to an auto car at least on the street. Thereā€™s something so engaging and fun about banging gears that flicking a paddle will never do. Yes itā€™s slower, yes itā€™s annoying to drive in traffic with it but at the end of the day that driver to car connection wont be the same in an automatic. Also itā€™s only a matter of time before they go extinct, a v8 with a 6 speed manual trans is so rare now lol.

at the end it all comes down to preference and what you want to get out of the car. If you want that enthusiastic driver race car feel 6 speed, if you want comfort and speed auto.

ps. If the GT wouldā€™ve came with a tremec I would def have gotten that. the mt82 on these new s650 are a bit better than previous gen but still not a good trans. If at some point in the future I trade in for a Dark horse I will def get a 6 speed.

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Auto this time cause knees are wrecked, though I hear the A10 is more responsive and quicker.... I can not believe this because there seems a launch delay throttle down, hard to imagine, if drivin correctly, how a manual could not get a better launch than the A10, or mine has issues?

Had an 88GT manual, launch would burn em all day, the 24 A10 Sport Mode, traction cont off and barely a spin, like throttle response delay. Keep in mind I don't even have 500 miles so yet to really get on it.... Is this normal for Autos?? All my sport cars to this point were manual. I guess I'll save money on tires

The Wizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Mustang; 16 F-150
I learned to drive on a stick shift back in the 1960s.
I owned a few stick shift cars back in the 70s and 80s. I paid to have several clutches replaced for $500 each back then.
I junked two (?) of my bought new cars back then when their manual transmissions crowked after 100k miles.

I'm ALL DONE with manual transmissions.
I prefer the much faster automatic transmissions nowadays.
If you want to drive slower, buy a manual transmission vehicle.
I'm ok with slow vehicles behind me...

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Wouldnā€™t buy a mustang unless it was a manual transmission. If I had to get an auto it would be a civic.
If you lose your left leg when a meth head runs you down in a '92 Buick on the side of the expressway in Cleveland, you'll quickly develop an appreciation for automatic transmission equipped vehicles.

kneeko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 S650 GT
If you lose your left leg when a meth head runs you down in a '92 Buick on the side of the expressway in Cleveland, you'll quickly develop an appreciation for automatic transmission equipped vehicles.
what :eek: true story?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
what :eek: true story?
Affirmative. But, I'm still here, which is all that matters. ;) Got me one of them fancy robot legs with gyroscopes, accelerometers, hydraulics and all that fun stuff. It doesn't provide propulsion, but it does dampen and help me do things like go down stairs and stuff.

Had just put new shoes on my '12 Mustang GT 5.0/manual the day before. A couple months afterwards, I traded in that one for a '14 GT with all the same goodies but with the auto. Had/have a number of trucks in between now and then, as well as a '16 Z06. But I think it might be time to come back to the Mustang ... :)

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
1707857500355.png

In all reality, I don't get the whole manual vs auto thing. Either you want a manual or you want an auto. I've had both and enjoyed both. Autos nowadays are fast and manuals are more engaging, imo.
This debate only exist in countries like the USA where the majority drives automatic.

In Europe nobody cares. Automatic in Europe was a status symbol for rich people or expensive vehicles. But it all changed a decade ago when automatic transmissions were available in almost all vehicles.

4ksk416

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
I stand corrected. There are exceptions in the matter.

kneeko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 S650 GT
Affirmative. But, I'm still here, which is all that matters. ;) Got me one of them fancy robot legs with gyroscopes, accelerometers, hydraulics and all that fun stuff. It doesn't provide propulsion, but it does dampen and help me do things like go down stairs and stuff.

Had just put new shoes on my '12 Mustang GT 5.0/manual the day before. A couple months afterwards, I traded in that one for a '14 GT with all the same goodies but with the auto. Had/have a number of trucks in between now and then, as well as a '16 Z06. But I think it might be time to come back to the Mustang ... :)
holy crap bro. iā€™m glad everything was okay. i guess automatic is the way to go for this situationšŸ™šŸ¼.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I stand corrected. There are exceptions in the matter.
LOL. Most don't consider rare situations, but I don't fault you. There are always exceptions. Seriously ... if I still had both, would I still go with the auto? More than likely no ... :like:

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I learned to drive on a stick shift back in the 1960s.
I owned a few stick shift cars back in the 70s and 80s. I paid to have several clutches replaced for $500 each back then.
I junked two (?) of my bought new cars back then when their manual transmissions crowked after 100k miles.

I'm ALL DONE with manual transmissions.
I prefer the much faster automatic transmissions nowadays.
If you want to drive slower, buy a manual transmission vehicle.
I'm ok with slow vehicles behind me...
Something is wrong here. Yes I had problems with the Falcom 3 speed but that was a poorly designed transmission. The front seal leaked once on the clutch and a snap ring had a habit of coming off resulting in all the gears moving forward. My 82 4 speed went 150,000 miles before I traded it. and my 96 has 180,000 without a bit of trouble. Autos needed oil changes at about 50,000 and sometime after that the bands needed work. You were lucky to to 100,000 on an auto without working on it.
Granted, I don't drag race because it's hard on the drive train but I do rack up the milage.

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
I have owned several classic Mustangs from 1969-1970 model years, all were automatics and were a real blast, especially with a shift kit and a B&M slap shifter.

My first "modern" Mustang was a 1982 GT with the 4 speed SROD, not a ton of power but it always seemed to be faster than the speedometer displayed, mostly due to shifting when I choose, not when the transmission decides to. It was a real adrenaline rush. Every Mustang I have owned since has been a manual and I never get tired of rowing the gears even at 61yo.

I ordered my Mustang with the manual for two reasons.

First, I wanted it. Plus it will be my first 6 speed, so it will be an all new experience.

Second, I used to get asked quite frequently if I will lend my car. I say sure, hand over the keys and when they get in and see the stick, they just get back out and hand me my keys back.

Haven't had anyone ask to borrow my car in a long time.

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
I would never do that, 10 speed Ford autos have issues. Dodged that bullet at all costs.
Sponsored