• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Realistic goal on S650 after delay emails from Ford.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Honestly.. I hope for more delays and QC issues. I prefer it built right the first time vs trips back to the dealer for recalls. Plus, in northeast, rather than get it in September, have a month to get to know her before she gets garaged for 6 months.... Push mine till spring, I am fine with that😎
Thing is, they should have taken care of these issues before opening the order books, or bettter yet, before revealing the vehicle.
Sponsored

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Thing is, they should have taken care of these issues before opening the order books, or bettter yet, before revealing the vehicle.
Agreed, they clearly jumped the gun on the reveal so far out from MY, so these reactions to delays I'm sure come as no surprise to Ford. Some people will jump ship, some will whine, others will wait it out.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Nothing to do with the price of the car, it's a matter of RWD traction on a 100 yard uphill climb from my garage to the snow covered street. Honestly was hoping for an AWD 7th gen and I would be that asshole with snow tires on a Mustang drivin it in a blizzard
Even tho I'm in socal I would honestly not be mad at a later model year AWD Stang. Thing would pull hard.

OP
OP

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
Nothing to do with the price of the car, it's a matter of RWD traction on a 100 yard uphill climb from my garage to the snow covered street. Honestly was hoping for an AWD 7th gen and I would be that asshole with snow tires on a Mustang drivin it in a blizzard
Honestly that wouldn't be bad. A hybrid V8 set up would be cool. With the ability to turn off the AWD feature to make it RWD and let the V8 and electric motor send power to the rear if possible. Basically like the same set up as the E-ray. Tighten up the rear suspension to be able to maintain traction so the car can squat and beef up the drivetrain. The weight from the battery I'm the trunk would help with weight also. Then allow the electric motor to be more about low end torque like 80-120 and give it 100 HP. You would have a 580 hp with 530 torque mustang for a base model hybrid V8. You would basically give the mustang what it had been missing for years which is the torque and then it can breathe up top bc of the V8 with add HP. It would be cool. However that would cost 60 to 80k tho 💀.

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium (ordered)
Every time I see ppl admit they do this, I just shake my head. It ain't a Ferrari people
There is literally not a single person that I am aware of, who lives here in the midwest, that drives their nice/fun car during the winter. Not a single one. If you have the money/space/will to own more than one vehicle... why would you drag your toy through the trenches? Would you purposely run your nice wake boat up/down a river that you know is shallow and rocky? 😆

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Setting any vehicle appearance or maintenance issues aside, there are practicalities to Winter storage.

It's not uncommon to pickup large amounts (tens of pounds) of frozen ice, sand and other bits over the course of a single daily commute. When this happens, the truck stays outside, until it's warm enough to melt off. Leaving a 15 YO truck outside is not a concern. Leaving a new car outside is. And while I could place it in the garage, a thawing car would then create a mess I don't care to deal with (gallons of water, laced with salt and sand, waiting to be cleaned up).

SuperZaynn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus IS350 F Sport DHP 2021 Mustang GT CS
I couldn’t wait , pulled the trigger on a 23 1LE today

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
There is literally not a single person that I am aware of, who lives here in the midwest, that drives their nice/fun car during the winter. Not a single one. If you have the money/space/will to own more than one vehicle... why would you drag your toy through the trenches? Would you purposely run your nice wake boat up/down a river that you know is shallow and rocky? 😆
I agree 1000%... I have 3 car capsules for my vehicles for the winter

SuperZaynn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus IS350 F Sport DHP 2021 Mustang GT CS
Does it have the cylinder deactivation? And if yes how is it overall?
Drove an hour away to get it, had 4 miles on it. The entire time driving it, it was in v8 mode even with me driving in touring. Ride is smooth as hell. My 2018 ss had the cylinder deactivation and I hated it

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I'll drive it all year like and enjoy it like I should, and I know plenty of others who do the same. Not only do we survive, but the cars look and drive all the same.

S650 Mustang Realistic goal on S650 after delay emails from Ford. 147423078_10159713091908488_1010187355403350376_n

S650 Mustang Realistic goal on S650 after delay emails from Ford. FB_IMG_1550759063737

S650 Mustang Realistic goal on S650 after delay emails from Ford. FB_IMG_1550759056542

ItsRoyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 mustang
Even tho I'm in socal I would honestly not be mad at a later model year AWD Stang. Thing would pull hard.
Arent they making a mustang raptor? I saw an article about it a few months back lol. Awd off road stang
Sponsored