• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Realistic goal on S650 after delay emails from Ford.

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
This is my first time ever dealing with Ford ordering a car. However I have seen people talk about how long they have waited for the Bronco and Mach 1. With some people waiting years. Now I see where ford have sent out emails about delays and have closed the plant.

Now with that being said, what do you think the realistic chance that people even get an S650 eco or gt before August? Because this is starting to look like a super late fall release for just base eco and gt cars. Then you factor in the dark horse it's looking like this will be winter by the time they start making those models.

I saw there was possible fitment issues and stuff. Which means they have to get all that shit recreated by their suppliers if this is true. That means they basically fucked up and got incorrect parts and not gotta scramble to get them created and shipped. Or this could be just a bad batch or parts. Either way sounds like Ford didn't plan this through and check all their parts and seems to be stalling.
At this rate, I'm expecting to wait until 2024 before I see my car. I'm seriously tempted to buy a S197 in the meantime to hold me over.

OP
OP

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
At this rate, I'm expecting to wait until 2024 before I see my car. I'm seriously tempted to buy a S197 in the meantime to hold me over.
I literally threw my hat in the ring for a different car even tho it cost Wayyyy more that the mustang DH. If those order banks open, I order and it beats the DH then that's just sad af.

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Fastback, 68 Falcon Sports Coupe
For those of us in the North East, if delivery happens to late in the fall, the "performance Summer tires" that come with the performance package will have rolling temperature issues. Any quality tire manufacture will void a performance tires warranty if the tire is moving under load below 40 degrees. so hopefully they make it before then.

OP
OP

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For those of us in the North East, if delivery happens to late in the fall, the "performance Summer tires" that come with the performance package will have rolling temperature issues. Any quality tire manufacture will void a performance tires warranty if the tire is moving under load below 40 degrees. so hopefully they make it before then.
I don't think they can make that type of tire in the winter at all. Tbh I'd take some ps4s on the DH and be happy. I like michelin tires better. Lol by the time I get my DH, hopefully the new Ps5 tires will be out.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
it'll give me time to enjoy my new 2023 Charger ScatPack Widebody before the new Mustang arrives.

Shit guys, I ordered my new company car in September 2022. It finally got built on Feb 25, 2023. Its STILL sitting in Mexico waiting to be shipped.

OP
OP

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it'll give me time to enjoy my new 2023 Charger ScatPack Widebody before the new Mustang arrives.

Shit guys, I ordered my new company car in September 2022. It finally got built on Feb 25, 2023. Its STILL sitting in Mexico waiting to be shipped.
What car did you order for it to be sitting for over 2 months

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
What car did you order for it to be sitting for over 2 months
Its a 2023 Chevy Equinox LS AWD (my employers choice, I just get to pick the color)

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Cool hope you get it soon.
My dealer said train space was a premium and my lowly company car was not Chevy's priority when they need trains to move more expensive vehicles. So the wait continues....

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Honestly.. I hope for more delays and QC issues. I prefer it built right the first time vs trips back to the dealer for recalls. Plus, in northeast, rather than get it in September, have a month to get to know her before she gets garaged for 6 months.... Push mine till spring, I am fine with that😎

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
before she gets garaged for 6 months.... Push mine till spring, I am fine with that😎
Every time I see ppl admit they do this, I just shake my head. It ain't a Ferrari people

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Every time I see ppl admit they do this, I just shake my head. It ain't a Ferrari people
Nothing to do with the price of the car, it's a matter of RWD traction on a 100 yard uphill climb from my garage to the snow covered street. Honestly was hoping for an AWD 7th gen and I would be that asshole with snow tires on a Mustang drivin it in a blizzard
Sponsored