• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any Updates from Ford?

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
My order:

Base GT, Manual, Nite Pony.

Placed my order over 2 months ago, still hasn't been scheduled to be built. Both ford and my dealership can give me 0 info. I know NP has constraints, but it is an absolute must for me, any car is absolutely ugly without black rims/accents, and I refuse to drive a car that doesn't have it out the gate.

Has anyone with a similar build been scheduled yet? Or heard anything about why and when? I have no vehicle atm as mine was totalled and this is my replacement, so I'm getting a bit frustrated not even hearing any updates.
Sponsored

JohnP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
I just connected using Ford Chat this morning. I ordered the car 5/24/23. GT Premium Convertible. Current car status shows "In Production" 7/24/23. I was just told that it has been produced and now has an ETA for delivery 8/1-8/7.

If that proves true, then this 'delay' seems to be tied to their marketing strategy/schedule vs. production limitations or quality issues. Now they may have some parts shortages (like NP). But I'm hoping this is accurate. That would be a very good sign for all of us with outstanding orders.

Now, I really have to exercise personal patience. Because this was my original order and the dealer screwed it up. They left off AVE and I decided not to live without it. So, my actual car isn't scheduled for production until 9/14/23. But I'd be quite happy to see Ford delivering these cars this week and next. That would give me hope that I'll be into mine by October. Hate that delay but it should be worth waiting for.

BTW if someone is interested in the original GT Premium Convertible that I ordered (Vapor Blue, Space Gray, 401A, Performance PKG, Grabber Blue brakes, etc.) WITHOUT AVE, I know where you can pick it up.

S650 Mustang Any Updates from Ford? Mustang Update.PNG

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
My order:

Placed my order over 2 months ago, still hasn't been scheduled to be built. Both ford and my dealership can give me 0 info. I know NP has constraints, but it is an absolute must for me, any car is absolutely ugly without black rims/accents, and I refuse to drive a car that doesn't have it out the gate.

Has anyone with a similar build been scheduled yet? Or heard anything about why and when? I have no vehicle atm as mine was totalled and this is my replacement, so I'm getting a bit frustrated not even hearing any updates.
My advice would be keep a look out once dealers start getting cars in and just buy one. Dealers ordered them with lots of options including nite pony package. Will be quicker. And if you canā€™t find one that fits the bill you can just keep waiting for your build to get built.

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I just connected using Ford Chat this morning. I ordered the car 5/24/23. GT Premium Convertible. Current car status shows "In Production" 7/24/23. I was just told that it has been produced and now has an ETA for delivery 8/1-8/7.

If that proves true, then this 'delay' seems to be tied to their marketing strategy/schedule vs. production limitations or quality issues. Now they may have some parts shortages (like NP). But I'm hoping this is accurate. That would be a very good sign for all of us with outstanding orders.

Now, I really have to exercise personal patience. Because this was my original order and the dealer screwed it up. They left off AVE and I decided not to live without it. So, my actual car isn't scheduled for production until 9/14/23. But I'd be quite happy to see Ford delivering these cars this week and next. That would give me hope that I'll be into mine by October. Hate that delay but it should be worth waiting for.

BTW if someone is interested in the original GT Premium Convertible that I ordered (Vapor Blue, Space Gray, 401A, Performance PKG, Grabber Blue brakes, etc.) WITHOUT AVE, I know where you can pick it up.

Mustang Update.PNG
At least yours is scheduled lol. Mine isnt. And i dont have a car atm.

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
My advice would be keep a look out once dealers start getting cars in and just buy one. Dealers ordered them with lots of options including nite pony package. Will be quicker. And if you canā€™t find one that fits the bill you can just keep waiting for your build to get built.
Definitely will. Don't mind losing the $500 i had to put down if it means getting it sooner.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
My base GT NP was ordered 4:01 pm on 3/27, got scheduled for sept 1stā€¦

so almost 6 months to make it to the line for me.

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
My base GT NP was ordered 4:01 pm on 3/27, got scheduled for sept 1stā€¦

so almost 6 months to make it to the line for me.
Great. So I'm looking at another 4 months to even be scheduled. Meaning 6 months till I actually have a vehicle again.

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Great. So I'm looking at another 4 months to even be scheduled. Meaning 6 months till I actually have a vehicle again.
How long after your order did it get scheduled? Mines been 2 months with no schedule

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I sent my dealer a long message asking if they could look into why its not scheduled yet, as ford said they'd have more info. My dealer just responds with "Not scheduled yet as per ford"

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
I sent my dealer a long message asking if they could look into why its not scheduled yet, as ford said they'd have more info. My dealer just responds with "Not scheduled yet as per ford"
Itā€™s funny to me how the Ford chat always says your dealer will have more info. My dealer flat out told me that Iā€™ll probably know more/faster information from places like this forum.
Sometimes the left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing. Much of the frustration expressed on here and other sites could be avoided with better communication all around.

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Fastback, 68 Falcon Sports Coupe
So Ford let us know ours went into production on the 11th of July, then it was the 13, then we got another supply chain issues delay notice, then our dealer emailed and told us that they had great newsā€™s, the car is built and scheduled to be delivered in two weeks. So I called the Ford service number yesterday and they said it still in production and will be for several more weeksšŸ˜‚

Im guessing someone may know whatā€™s going on but clearly they arenā€™t the ones communicating with the customers and dealerships. So lots of deep breaths and keep waiting. Iā€™m quite certain it wonā€™t be this August and September 27 will be 6 months for us.
Good luck everyone.

Bethstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT
My order:

I ordered a Premium GT, auto, with Nite Pony on 3/27 and have a build date week of 9/1.

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I have an updated delivery for 08/11/2023 - 08/17/2023. I have confirmed with Ford Chat and my dealership.

This is a 2024 GT, 10SPD, 401A, PP, NP, AVE and Recaro's.