• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Crickets from Ford

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
Whoever is ordering parts or chips I bet is trying to order them the same way they did it pre covid and just doesn't realize that things have changed for the worse- meaning parts shortage and chip shortage, so the 2024 mustang and Darkhorse is the new 2022 bronco mess all over again!!!!!
And I lived / ordered a bronco through that waited 2 years for that bronco!!! God, I hope this isn't a repeat of that!!
At this point, they gonna let GM E-Ray Corvette be out before the DH ready.

OP
OP

bobdes368

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Shelby GT 500
Finally got my first email from Ford. Shocker, delays, delays, delays. No MFG date, just a promise to keep me informed every 45 days going forward. Henry is rolling over in his grave.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I watched stangmode and he continues to say his DH will be built in June.. June 12th I believe. I'm just like wait a min now how when everyone has confirmed that the DH will be late. Even bigger youtubers than him. So im like you are lying and they haven't send you the email yet. Or they will build his DH first and use him as a guinea pig. Because they haven't even started production on the base and regular v8 mustangs yet so ain't now way it could be built issue free with what you have seen so far lol.

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I watched stangmode and he continues to say his DH will be built in June.. June 12th I believe. I'm just like wait a min now how when everyone has confirmed that the DH will be late. Even bigger youtubers than him. So im like you are lying and they haven't send you the email yet. Or they will build his DH first and use him as a guinea pig. Because they haven't even started production on the base and regular v8 mustangs yet so ain't now way it could be built issue free with what you have seen so far lol.
Agree. Only thing I can think of is they are using him to excite a fan base. They will get his car right for the most part. Stuff they know about. I think they are spoon feeding him a bit. Grass root marketing is how I see that. Problem is if they build his and ship it, the community will get in an uproar. A week or two early is fine. 2 months earlier that others and they will have a mutiny form a marketing stand point.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agree. Only thing I can think of is they are using him to excite a fan base. They will get his car right for the most part. Stuff they know about. I think they are spoon feeding him a bit. Grass root marketing is how I see that. Problem is if they build his and ship it, the community will get in an uproar. A week or two early is fine. 2 months earlier that others and they will have a mutiny form a marketing stand point.
Yeah they are probably using him. To keep hope alive. But everyone who ordered a DH was told they got pushed back alot or received and email if they every got the order confirmation first. But they were supposed to start customers orders I'm June for regular orders. Dealers don't even have their Cars. So of he gets a DH and everyone else waits months. Like you said.. they were be an uproar for sure because that would not be right or fair. But I know Ford is not fair at times.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
My main problem if this happens is why stangmode. He's got to be the worst car YouTuber I've ever seen and I'd be hard pressed to find anyone on this forum who actually likes him.

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
My main problem if this happens is why stangmode. He's got to be the worst car YouTuber I've ever seen and I'd be hard pressed to find anyone on this forum who actually likes him.
If I am being honest (hiding in plain sight) I have watched several of his videos. It helped me see some things that I was looking for as a first time Mustang owner. On the flip side, after about 5 videos, he is really repetitive. He's like the Joel Osteen of churches. Hype and motivation. Joel gets you in the door of church and it is up to you to find spirituality and religion if you choose. i don't watch his videos anymore unless someone comments on something because they are just the same ole same ole.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah he doesn't have the pull to be treated like that. I could see if it was one of the youtubers with 1m plus subscribers but not him. I'd be annoyed bc that telling me we might be getting our cars only to wait 5 months and it gets delayed more.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
For most of these social nedis influencers, you have to remember it's all about driving traffic to boost their ad revenue, since it's typically how they make their living.

So in effect, they will tend to focus on producing quantity over quality.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
For most of these social nedis influencers, you have to remember it's all about driving traffic to boost their ad revenue, since it's typically how they make their living.

So in effect, they will tend to focus on producing quantity over quality.
Except there are huge car reviewers who pump out quality content all the time. And with ad revenue payouts being less and less every year, it's more about sponsors.

I would actually argue the biggest influencers are trending towards quality in recent years. Look at Donut, Throttle House, or The Straight Pipes for example.

Unfortunately for mustang fans stangmode seems to be one of the bigger mustang focused channels so he gets more of the attention from Ford even if all his videos are filler garbage.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Ford Fusion
I waited 11 months for my '22 Maverick. During the period from order until when the VIN is assigned, no one knows anything. In the Maverick forums this gave rise to anxiety and conspiracy theories, and resulted in Ford now sending "form letter" emails that still don't tell you anything but give some assurance they haven't forgotten your order.

Some dealers took more orders than they could ever have allocations for, so customers last in line at those dealerships had no hope of getting theirs built in the model year.

I doubt the demand vs. ability to produce is as out of whack with the S650 as the Maverick, but if I had a Dark Horse order I'd be asking my dealer where I sit in their order queue, and how many allocations for Dark Horses they have.

dr1zzle01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Accord
It’s been said, but I haven’t heard anything from anybody. I just used the Ford chat and got my VIN and build date by giving them my sales and order code! I’m scheduled for week of Jul-17th!

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
so after the summer 2 week layoff. I hope the people still remember how to do their jobs... :)
Funny, but I did hear FRAP only has a 1 week layoff this summer.
Sponsored