• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DARK HORSE ORDER | FAIL NEWS LETTER FROM FORD

VELGEN WHEELS

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 /DH
So I order 3 DH Fully Loaded and was waiting to see which one came's in first to purchase, just received 3 calls from 3 dealers.
" From the Dealer " Any open DH orders with Performance Pack that hasn't been built will not be built until further notice, Please cancel
the order if the customer will not except the change "

It must be true if I gotten 3 calls from 3 different dealers.

FYI Call your dealer bout your DH order.
Sponsored

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
its because of the Pirelli Trofeo RS tires. you can't mount or drive on them in the cold or else they could get damaged. the same thing was true with the Mach 1 with Handling Package and any GT500 with the Pilot Sport Cup 2s

Spaghettir101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
I got the call today too :( i took the HP off unfortunately. What bothers me is
1. Why cant they just change to a different tire?
2. Why cant they build them in the spring? Thye really dropped the ball on this as they advertise the most track ready car… my dealer had to call 11 people today… they have 22 allocations and half got handling package

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
its because of the Pirelli Trofeo RS tires. you can't mount or drive on them in the cold or else they could get damaged. the same thing was true with the Mach 1 with Handling Package and any GT500 with the Pilot Sport Cup 2s
I know you have access to information that I don't but I am not sure that is correct. My window sticker for my dark horse says 255F/275R/40R19 SUMMER TIRE and I didn't order the handling package. It might be that all dark horse orders will be delayed because summer only tires are the only tire they put on the car. I do have a premium but I don't think that applies to the tires.
I would really have preferred it if they hadn't put summer only tires on the car but I suspect it isn't going to be cold enough here for that to be a problem.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
I know you have access to information that I don't but I am not sure that is correct. My window sticker for my dark horse says 255F/275R/40R19 SUMMER TIRE and I didn't order the handling package. It might be that all dark horse orders will be delayed because summer only tires are the only tire they put on the car. I do have a premium but I don't think that applies to the tires.
I would really have preferred it if they hadn't put summer only tires on the car but I suspect it isn't going to be cold enough here for that to be a problem.
there is a good difference between the "summer tire" the non-hp comes with, and the barely road legal semi-slick the hp comes with, the main one being the compound the tire is made of. the hp tire is much, much softer at warmer temps, but can become very hard when it gets cold. the trofeo r is said to become slippery around 50 degrees F, so the rs probably is the same or worse

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
there is a good difference between the "summer tire" the non-hp comes with, and the barely road legal semi-slick the hp comes with, the main one being the compound the tire is made of. the hp tire is much, much softer at warmer temps, but can become very hard when it gets cold. the trofeo r is said to become slippery around 50 degrees F, so the rs probably is the same or worse
I did a little more checking and my car has the PZ4 tire which seems to be good down to 45 degrees, not much lower than the trofeo. Does that mean soon we can expect another letter for the rest of us? I am really not finding much on the Pirelli web site about those tires and their ability to handle lower temperatures. I see information on other sites but I would prefer information from the manufacture.

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Raptor R, '21 Bronco First Edition, '23 GT3
I had a '16 GT350 and the engine seized during the summer of '16. Ford took the car back and I ordered another '17. That process took about 7 months because of the summer tires the car was specced with.

Spaghettir101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Raptor R, '21 Bronco First Edition, '23 GT3
I've been researching and considering an order for a DH w/ handling pkg. At least with the GT350 iirc they started production in late February in any given year because of the summer tires specced on that model.

In April Ford is having a 60th anniversary celebration for the Mustang. They are going to announce the new S650 performance models at that celebration. Could be a new GT3 or GT4 street version, possibly a Boss 445 with the 7.3 in it, a new GT500 etc. Anyway, that pending announcement gives me some hesitancy in ordering a DH. Perhaps I should get a used Mach 1 in the interim.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
It'll probably be the Dark Horse S they teased back when they announced the DHR.

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
Its to bad they never had a option for tires. I’ve drove all season Goodyear tires summer and winter and never had a problem at 100 mph(not rated for high speed). I suspect others have too with different brands. Trust me, I as not a dare devil.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
But come march, will they allow the handling package with the tires? Or they just stopping them completely
Traditionally, they restart production of those models (GT500/Mach 1 Handling Pack previously) in March, so no reason to suspect it'll be any different with the Dark Horse Handling Pack cars.

93_SVT_3503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 King Ranch Expedition, 1967 Ford Bronco half-cab, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 1967 F250 Highboy
I've been researching and considering an order for a DH w/ handling pkg. At least with the GT350 iirc they started production in late February in any given year because of the summer tires specced on that model.

In April Ford is having a 60th anniversary celebration for the Mustang. They are going to announce the new S650 performance models at that celebration. Could be a new GT3 or GT4 street version, possibly a Boss 445 with the 7.3 in it, a new GT500 etc. Anyway, that pending announcement gives me some hesitancy in ordering a DH. Perhaps I should get a used Mach 1 in the interim.
What's this malarkey about a Boss?! Is there actual talks or just new model speculation that happens every few years as usual?
Sponsored