• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DARK HORSE ORDER | FAIL NEWS LETTER FROM FORD

GoldenHand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Reaching out to my dealer now for an update on the Handling Package. Need to get confirmation on how long the Handling Package is unavailable. If it's for the rest of the Model Year, then I'm just going to remove it and order OEM parts to have them installed.

I doubt they will come out with a Boss. They did ALL of this work to elevate the Dark Horse name/brand with the DH, R, S, GT3 and for them to turn around and offer a BOSS, especially equipped with the Godzilla engine, doesn't add up.
Sponsored

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Raptor R, '21 Bronco First Edition, '23 GT3
Maybe the DH was to throw a bone to the younger crowd (still very expensive for them) and then offer nostalgic name plates and performance models to the older crowd who would appreciate it? I’m good with a Boss model but Carrol Shelby has been gone for a while now.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Maybe the DH was to throw a bone to the younger crowd (still very expensive for them) and then offer nostalgic name plates and performance models to the older crowd who would appreciate it? I’m good with a Boss model but Carrol Shelby has been gone for a while now.
i think its less "lets throw a bone" and more "lets not tie our top end to a third party company named after a dead guy" i can see them bringing back the Boss name at some point, probably not until the mid generation though, first few years are entirely dedicated to the DH

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Raptor R, '21 Bronco First Edition, '23 GT3
i think its less "lets throw a bone" and more "lets not tie our top end to a third party company named after a dead guy" i can see them bringing back the Boss name at some point, probably not until the mid generation though, first few years are entirely dedicated to the DH
I agree with you and thought that it would have been better that my GT350's had been called something else. I do like the Boss name as it's directly tied to Ford and is tied to the company's legacy, and not any individual's. Especially when that person had just about nothing to do with modern product offerings.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Again Ford gives it's customers the Middle Finger

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I know you have access to information that I don't but I am not sure that is correct. My window sticker for my dark horse says 255F/275R/40R19 SUMMER TIRE and I didn't order the handling package. It might be that all dark horse orders will be delayed because summer only tires are the only tire they put on the car. I do have a premium but I don't think that applies to the tires.
I would really have preferred it if they hadn't put summer only tires on the car but I suspect it isn't going to be cold enough here for that to be a problem.
It does suck, but in Michigan where they make the cars it will be too cold and most summer tires would end up being damaged. They will produce your car as soon as possible I'm sure. Ford wants to sell cars. :)

I agree it would be nice to have an independent tire option (separate from the other options on the car) to buy a good all season, especially for non handling pack cars.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
It does suck, but in Michigan where they make the cars it will be too cold and most summer tires would end up being damaged. They will produce your car as soon as possible I'm sure. Ford wants to sell cars. :)

I agree it would be nice to have an independent tire option (separate from the other options on the car) to buy a good all season, especially for non handling pack cars.
I am in and uncommon situation living in Phoenix. Most winter days the temperature reaches 45 degrees by the time I take my car out of the garage and the garage remains above that temperature all the time. However every so often, about once in 10 years the winter is cold enough for snow to remain on the ground for a day or two. That isn't often enough to justify a set of winter tires but it is cold enough that you shouldn't run summer only tires. I don't plan on keeping a second car so hopefully it will stay warm as long as these tires are on the car and then I will switch to all season tires. The summer only tires are really sticky but not practical for a daily driver.
The Dark Horse comes with most of the handling package but the big difference is the tires. Both tires are summer only but the handling package has bigger tires. Seems like they charge a lot just for really soft tires and the primary reason I decided to stick with the standard tires. I figured it would be easer to get all weather tires for that sized wheel.

Rdw401

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I ordered a DH with handling package in late September. Dealer called last week and said it came in. I decided to get a 2021 GT500 with less than 1900 miles instead. (Initially they said not to expect delivery until possibly April.)
It’s sitting at Carmen Ford in New Castle, DE.

06mach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302LS
I ordered a DH with handling package in late September. Dealer called last week and said it came in. I decided to get a 2021 GT500 with less than 1900 miles instead. (Initially they said not to expect delivery until possibly April.)
It’s sitting at Carmen Ford in New Castle, DE.
The only Dark Horse I see there is a non-handling pack Dark Horse in Shadow Black

Rdw401

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
That’s interesting. I ordered through Scotty. It was Vapor Blue without Recaro seats. Definitely had handling package and automatic. Maybe they sold it over weekend or are prepping it? Don’t know what to say.

JMP117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Talked to Ford and my dealer today, Ford said that the handling pack is still getting produced for the model year and that no one has been notified in the marketing team about that change. The production notes are being misread by someone in the thread. They say if you have one w/o handling package that it has to be scheduled, otherwise the dealer will lose their allocation for that scheduling period. It says nowhere on there that they aren’t scheduling handling pack cars for the rest of the model year. Also my dealer said that my order is waiting to get picked and that the priority code was changed to a 3 today. It has AP and HP on it.

GrabberBlueFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali, Expedition EL, Durango
Talked to Ford and my dealer today, Ford said that the handling pack is still getting produced for the model year and that no one has been notified in the marketing team about that change. The production notes are being misread by someone in the thread. They say if you have one w/o handling package that it has to be scheduled, otherwise the dealer will lose their allocation for that scheduling period. It says nowhere on there that they aren’t scheduling handling pack cars for the rest of the model year. Also my dealer said that my order is waiting to get picked and that the priority code was changed to a 3 today. It has AP and HP on it.
My dealer called me and emailed me last week and told me Ford was not scheduling any more HP Dark Horses for the rest of the model year. Here is a copy of the important part:

"Mustang Dark Horse RETAIL orders must have the 67P Dark Horse Handling Package removed, so they are eligible to schedule this Thursday, 11/30/23. Package 67P is not expected to be available for the remainder of the model year."

They had an allocation for mine, which I ordered on 3/28, and it had been “clean, unscheduled” since early April. Said I could drop the HP and get scheduled last Thursday, or I would have to cancel and they would refund my deposit. Up to that point, they had said production would start again in April and they expected me to get scheduled in the spring for late summer delivery (I was number 4 of their allocations). That changed with Ford telling them to either drop HPs or cancel the orders and possibly try again next model year. Has nothing to do with the pause for tires and is that they exhausted some aspect of the HP and don’t see themselves making more.

JMP117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
My dealer called me and emailed me last week and told me Ford was not scheduling any more HP Dark Horses for the rest of the model year. Here is a copy of the important part:

"Mustang Dark Horse RETAIL orders must have the 67P Dark Horse Handling Package removed, so they are eligible to schedule this Thursday, 11/30/23. Package 67P is not expected to be available for the remainder of the model year."

They had an allocation for mine, which I ordered on 3/28, and it had been “clean, unscheduled” since early April. Said I could drop the HP and get scheduled last Thursday, or I would have to cancel and they would refund my deposit. Up to that point, they had said production would start again in April and they expected me to get scheduled in the spring for late summer delivery (I was number 4 of their allocations). That changed with Ford telling them to either drop HPs or cancel the orders and possibly try again next model year. Has nothing to do with the pause for tires and is that they exhausted some aspect of the HP and don’t see themselves making more.
Where’s the email? Gotta have something to show or prove it? I haven’t gotten an email stating that either from Ford. So again, at least provide the emails.

GrabberBlueFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali, Expedition EL, Durango
Where’s the email? Gotta have something to show or prove it? I haven’t gotten an email stating that either from Ford. So again, at least provide the emails.
The quoted part is from the email. Jeez, like I’d make that up?
Sponsored