• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any Updates from Ford?

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I have an updated delivery for 08/11/2023 - 08/17/2023. I have confirmed with Ford Chat and my dealership.

This is a 2024 GT, 10SPD, 401A, PP, NP, AVE and Recaro's.
These delivery dates are meaningless at this point. They just keep pushing them back. My car (GT PP NP AVE AT) has been built since 7/11 and it'll be almost September by the time I get it at this rate.
Sponsored

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
These delivery dates are meaningless at this point. They just keep pushing them back. My car (GT PP NP AVE AT) has been built since 7/11 and it'll be almost September by the time I get it at this rate.
Pretty much the same for me, except mine was built on 6/13. This was my first custom order and I’m certain this will be my last. It’s not worth it.

The communication from Ford is terrible.

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Pretty much the same for me, except mine was built on 6/13. This was my first custom order and I’m certain this will be my last. It’s not worth it.

The communication from Ford is terrible.
Yeah i'll never be ordering an unreleased vehicle again. 2 months since order and not even scheduled while i see people who have ordered way later than me get scheduled first. Actually infuriating when im sitting here without any means of transportation while they all sit in their mustang filled garages for youtube videos getting high priority.

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 OF Mustang GT Premium. '22 Hyundai Santa Cruz
I ordered mine last week, I got charged my deposit this week but I got:

GT Premium, Bronze Package, Yellow Splash, Magnaride, PP, AVE, Recaro Seats, A10, 400a

I haven't got my VIN yet but I did call my dealer and it shows in their system as "Scheduled-Clean" whatever that means. They just updated my email so I should hopefully get updates as they come. I am in no rush as I do not drive my current Mustang and have another daily. I feel for yall that dont have another car to use in the meantime

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
Did you order something that currently has a build constraint? When did you order? Just curious as to why you’re unscheduled?

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
I don’t expect concierge level service, but basic communication and realistic estimates would be nice. I have real sympathy for all of the truck, Bronco, and Maverick customers. The condition; chassis rust, paint condition , etc, on a “new” vehicle is completely unacceptable.

I understand the “supply chain” excuses. It impacts my line of work as well. At one point it was a valid argument. But if supply is still the issue, the responsibility was and is on Ford to protect and deliver vehicles in new condition.

The order tracker is terrible. Customer service gives out a new ETA every week (not their fault I’m sure). Cars sitting for weeks on end with no explanation. Poor coordination of the little communication the do provide.

How Ford keeps botching vehicle releases is beyond me. Apparently there is no communication between executives, marketing, and customer support.

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Did you order something that currently has a build constraint? When did you order? Just curious as to why you’re unscheduled?
I ordered a base manual gt with nite pony, I know nite pony has constraints but its been ordered for over 2 months. Ridiculous. It's a black roof. Dealer said I can't change my order either so I'd have to reorder, get put in the back of the queue, and pay the initial deposit again if I wanted to reorder without nite pony.

gpellis87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 F150 Raptor, '22 X5
I ordered a Bronco First Edition and it took ages to get scheduled - then it got pushed back time and time again, then it got built... only to sit for months upon months while they were shipping others. Then they replaced the defective hard tops, then they finally shipped it like 4 months after it was originally built, and I was finally able to go buy it - and it had a spot on the roof that I could never stop seeing where it was clear something had punched a hole in it and they had repaired it.

I think it's fine if you order a Ford midcycle or something like that, but ordering a brand new generation car launch with them seems to just incur a ton of headaches. The Bronco was way worse, there was way more orders and the waits were ridiculous.

I actually had another order that just got skipped over for all eternity because basically every part on it was on constraint.

On the Lightning same story. First order at a large dealer - wasn't selected in the first schedulings, in fact, it took like a year after they'd hiked the MSRPs before it was "selected" and they allowed you to order it.

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Same here...ordered on 4/6. Dark Horse, HP, AP, Shadow Black, 6 Speed. Nothing more than a couple of "Sorry...supply chain constraints" emails.
Guarantee its because of the shadow black. Apparently ford has lost the ability to paint roofs black.