• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Got ZERO emails, but ONE blend date. STATUS: DELIVERED!!!

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
Unlike many here, I did not get an order confirmation email from Ford. In fact, I haven't received any emails at all and neither has my dealer, according to them. This is all very disappointing because I have never ordered a car before much less a Mustang and I really wanted to document this process from beginning to end.

I read several other posts on the matter of missing emails and contacted my dealer several times about it and even contacted Ford several times about it but nothing, absolutely nothing, came of it. However, I found it interesting when the dealer said that they never get emails about specialty vehicle orders, which they were saying my order was classified as. Given that this dealership has been around a long time and many of the people working there were too, I concluded "it is what it is".

So, while the email thing sucks, the rest of this process seems to be going pretty smoothly, almost too smooth as I am not quite ready for the pace that things are moving at now.

I came to the order party late, way late, in fact too late according to my dealer. They knew back in 2022 what the number and type of allocations they were getting for the 2024MY Dark Horse and all (7) allocations were taken. So, by the time I was ready to put my order in (August 2023) the dealer flat out said that not only can I not put my order in I wouldn't have gotten an allocation even when the order banks opened back in March 2023 anyway as they were all spoken for. Needless to say, I wasn't about to take no for an answer. I asked if there was a wait list and they said yes but it was about 20-25 people deep. However, they also said if something "comes up" they would let me know. I had them put my name on it.

After four months of repeat calls to the dealership to inquire about allocation status and my persistent attempts keep my name on the top of their mind, should anything come up, I finally got the call. It went something like this... "James, we have an allocation but without the handling pack. Did you want the handling pack?" I said "No, no handling pack." They said "Okay" and then submitted my order on 12/04/2023.

Since I (and my dealer) don't get emails on status I would periodically call into Ford's Customer Relationship Center (CRC) for updates. When I called on January 18th instead of getting the usual "Unscheduled, Clean" I got "In Order Processing, Scheduled Week Of 02/26/2024". When I checked the order tracker (literally) the next day, I saw "Scheduled Week Of 02/05/2024". WOW, it moved up three weeks! I called Ford's CRC and they gave me an actual build date of 02/09/2024 (info the online order tracker does not show). The CRC agent was sympathetic to my lack of email notifications situation and agreed to pin me to her list of contacts to call for weekly updates. Well, I got the first of these calls from her yesterday. She stated that my order is now "In Production, Sent to Plant".

I got my VIN a week ago and I could not pull up the window sticker but today, I can. It's showing a "blend" date of 02/07/2024. Does this mean the vehicle will be built on 02/07/2024 or is this subject to change? If it can change will a new window sticker be generated?
Sponsored

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
S650 Mustang Got ZERO emails, but ONE blend date.  STATUS: DELIVERED!!! 1706665145490

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
S650 Mustang Got ZERO emails, but ONE blend date.  STATUS: DELIVERED!!! 1706665330280

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
I don't think they will change a date on the sticker, I got 2 emails, one at the end of September and one when it was built. It all happened fast for me.
S650 Mustang Got ZERO emails, but ONE blend date.  STATUS: DELIVERED!!! NgYVaiy

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
When I tracked my car it sat at FRAP for a week. Then loaded and it was just outside of Detroit in Illinois. 2 1/2 days later at El Mirage. It took 5 days to the dealer which is in AJ. The transporters at El Mirage are union and dealers are at their mercy when the car is moved from the yard. Hope this gives you an idea of what to expect getting your car to AZ. Best of Luck on your new future ride.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
My car took 7 days to get from El Mirage to Casa Grande. Same for my F150 three years ago.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Don't feel too bad. I never received a confirmation email or any other correspondence after I ordered my car on 3/27/23. I did eventually get some information from Ford tracker, but it wasn't very accurate. It finally showed up at the dealership 5 1/2 months later.

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
Mine biuld week went from 4 March to 19 Feb to 26 Feb. Still show 19th on the graph.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
the 2 biggest hurtles are getting the car on the train, and getting it off the train. mine was 2 weeks from "shipped" to delivery at the dealer. most of that time was sitting either in a yard in Michigan or El Mirage. was the longest 2 weeks of my life. some other stuff that could cause delays are transport damage and vehicles running out of fuel. a transport driver i know told me a few weeks ago about some new vehicles over at El Mirage that ran out of fuel while getting them to the truck and they let 3 or 4 vehicles sit there, blocking a bay or two, with no fuel for 5 or 6 weeks

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
Don't feel too bad. I never received a confirmation email or any other correspondence after I ordered my car on 3/27/23. I did eventually get some information from Ford tracker, but it wasn't very accurate. It finally showed up at the dealership 5 1/2 months later.
Thanks. My dealer recently mentioned things like this have occurred a lot more than he was wanting to admit.

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
If
the 2 biggest hurtles are getting the car on the train, and getting it off the train. mine was 2 weeks from "shipped" to delivery at the dealer. most of that time was sitting either in a yard in Michigan or El Mirage. was the longest 2 weeks of my life. some other stuff that could cause delays are transport damage and vehicles running out of fuel. a transport driver i know told me a few weeks ago about some new vehicles over at El Mirage that ran out of fuel while getting them to the truck and they let 3 or 4 vehicles sit there, blocking a bay or two, with no fuel for 5 or 6 weeks
Good grief. Well, the dealer did say the same thing, that much of the time depends on the freight train.

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
Well, today is the day that it went into production. The production date concurs with the blend date on the sticker. Prior to yesterday the "In Production" status didn't list a date although it was marked green.

S650 Mustang Got ZERO emails, but ONE blend date.  STATUS: DELIVERED!!! 1707353477025

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Dumb question but how are you guys able to track exactly where the car is down to the ramp, railroad, convoy etc? If there is a post documenting this process, please post a link. Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
Dumb question but how are you guys able to track exactly where the car is down to the ramp, railroad, convoy etc? If there is a post documenting this process, please post a link. Thanks in advance!
This is NOT a dumb question. My dealer is well aware I would like to be there when the truck shows up. He said that could be tricky as there was no easy way to track delivery from the depot to the dealership but they will try the best they can. If anyone can shed more light on this, I would like to know the details too, especially from those in Arizona.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
Once the car arrives at El Mirage, there is not much you can do to track. However, up to that point, get your dealer to show you Vinview. It's a dealer only tool that can tell you pretty much where it is at and ETA for delivery.
Sponsored