• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Got ZERO emails, but ONE blend date. STATUS: DELIVERED!!!

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
S650 Mustang Got ZERO emails, but ONE blend date.  STATUS: DELIVERED!!! 1707441340149

The Order Tracker has not been updated yet (same as yesterday), but according to Customer Care Chat, the secondary status is "Produced" with an estimated time of arrival between Mar-02-2024 and Mar-08-2024 (at this time).

I clarified "arrival" with the agent to mean delivered at the dealership. Hopefully.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
S650 Mustang Got ZERO emails, but ONE blend date.  STATUS: DELIVERED!!! 1707520043178

The Order Tracker updated the Built date today and the estimated time of arrival was pushed back a day. The Ford Marketing Center status is the same, "In Production, Produced". When I called the dealer, they are showing a status of "Awaiting Shipping".

Interestingly, I noticed that the Order Tracker finally has the link to "View Window Sticker", but that link is broken, goes to a 404.pdf page ("Please check back later.") However, when I manually enter the VIN (here), I can still get the window sticker and it still lists the 02/07/2024 blend date. It would appear the answer to my own question is the blend date does NOT change. Curious, if and when the broken link goes live if that will make a difference.

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
My dealer is using Freight Verify to track the shipment of my order. They don't have the tracking info yet, but they agreed to help me stay on top of it.

Interestingly, I am seeing a mix of estimated delivery times. According to Ford, ETA is between 03/03 - 03/09. According to Freight Verify, ETA is 02/28 - 03/05 which matches the dealer's status report "DLR ETA WK*... 02/26". The dealer also tells me that it typically takes about two weeks from the build date to delivery. If we go by that then the week of 02/26 estimate seems to be fairly accurate.

Speaking of dealer status report, does anyone know how to translate the information? Under TRM I see 2A, WA and AA (not posted here).

S650 Mustang Got ZERO emails, but ONE blend date.  STATUS: DELIVERED!!! 1707784648397

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
Okay, this is weird. Has anyone seen their Order Tracker reset before?...

S650 Mustang Got ZERO emails, but ONE blend date.  STATUS: DELIVERED!!! 1707862668420

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
Just got word that it shipped. Order Tracker is still messed up though.

ETA RAILYARD: 03/01
ETA DEALER: 03/06

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
@Carter1776 It seems you would be right. The Order Tracker corrected today...

S650 Mustang Got ZERO emails, but ONE blend date.  STATUS: DELIVERED!!! 1707929094536

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
My dealer is being really super cool with me. My goal is to be there when the truck shows up at the dealership so I can see them pull the car off the truck. They are not too sure how well we are going to be able to pull this off, but they are helping me try.

They are using a tool called VINView. This tool allows them to track, to the minute, where the car is enroute to my dealer. They just subscribed my phone to be able to get real time "VIN Event & Milestone Alerts". Hopefully this works because the ETA has been floating all over the place making it hard to pin things down. This would also minimize the time my dealer would need to spend babysitting this on my behalf.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
They are using a tool called VINView. This tool allows them to track, to the minute, where the car is enroute to my dealer. They just subscribed my phone to be able to get real time "VIN Event & Milestone Alerts". Hopefully this works because the ETA has been floating all over the place making it hard to pin things down. This would also minimize the time my dealer would need to spend babysitting this on my behalf.
My dealer did the same for me. I got the delivery alert, and called my dealer to let them know it was there. They said "Really? We'll go check." 30 minutes later they confirmed. The car was delivered at 6am.

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
Given that the shipping process is all new to me, I am documenting some of what I learn, as I go. Perhaps others will find the information useful too.

VINView is vehicle tracking tool provided by Freight Verify. It seems Ford and its network of dealers adopted the new tool sometime around October 25, 2022. It replaced Vehicle Visibility, the tool Ford was using previously.

VINView's claim to fame is in its ability to use the GPS system built into each new vehicle to track its shipping progress. The benefit of this is in the level of accuracy it provides the manufacturer and dealer. Previously they had to rely on rail car numbers and rail companies (CSX for Eastern and UP for Western deliveries) and local transports (trucks that make the final leg of the trip) for much of the information. This would unfortunately lead to many reporting delays and gross inaccuracies with delivery times and schedules. VINView solves all that.

VINView follows the vehicle ALL THE WAY from the manufacturer to the dealer and it provides far more granularity with times and locations too. The caveat is that not all dealers may have access to VINView (back then, maybe now it is different) but it is worth asking your dealer about it and getting on their VIN Event and Milestone Alerts.

As of the most recent VINView alert, my car is passing through Blue Island, Illinois and has an ETA of February 28th.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
I haven't seen any VINView updates come through lately and my dealer was out for the last few days too. However, I did get a follow-up call from Ford. My car just entered New Mexico. Looking at an ETA between 02/25 - 03/02. If my fellow Zonies past delivery times are any indicator, I very likely could take delivery on 02/28.

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
Well boys and girls, it's getting really close. Just got word my car is in Prescott. I suspect it will land in El Mirage by tomorrow if not sooner. For those unfamiliar with these logistics, that's about a 90-mile drive or put another way a 90-minute drive. Funny thing is I am MUCH closer to El Mirage than my dealer is. Too bad they couldn't just let me pick it up from there!

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
Got word just a few hours ago that my car has reached its final stop along the railway to my dealer... El Mirage. That is literally 10.2 miles from home. ETA is still 02/28 which at this point seems a little long given that it's only 11.5 miles from my dealer.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
It seems to average about a week to get from El Mirage to your dealer. I hope yours is quicker.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06