• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
If this is related to the gas guzzler tax, at least we know what EPA estimate for economy of the GT is 🙄

IMG_7349.jpeg
Wow, that's interesting that the auto DH is going to get worse mileage than the Mach 1 auto. Power? Weight? Interested to know how that pans out. Not that I care about the mileage, just curious.
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Manual GT's have been considered Gas Guzzlers since 2022.
why do they charge a gas guzzler fee? when if they actually use more gas, then the gov gets more taxes from the fuel it burns at the pump? double dipping?

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
why do they charge a gas guzzler fee? when if they actually use more gas, then the gov gets more taxes from the fuel it burns at the pump? double dipping?
the gas guzzler tax was created in the late 70s to incentivize auto manufacturers to produce cars with better fuel economy and for consumers to buy them. By law it has to show on the window sticker so that customers explicitly know they being taxed for purchasing an inefficient car.

The funny part is it does not apply to vans, SUVs, and trucks. When the law was written almost everyone purchased actual cars, most other vehicles were used commercially/professionally and congress didn’t want to “hurt” business.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Confusing back and forth going on in here. All I know is my base GT A10 with pp and nite pony is the exact same price it was a month ago.

Do we have a consensus that there was no actual price increase and this is just tax related for manuals?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Confusing back and forth going on in here. All I know is my base GT A10 with pp and nite pony is the exact same price it was a month ago.

Do we have a consensus that there was no actual price increase and this is just tax related for manuals?
Yes and No. It appears there “may” be an error on the configurator that is now including the gas tax on the GT (M6) and DH (A10 & M6) into the MSRP. This may be intentional as there is no other way to show the tax as a stand alone line on the configurator. If this is the case then there is no actual price increase.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
OK, so this is exactly what happened.

On the configurator the MSRP on a base GT with M6 is $42,195. With the A10 it is $41,195. Gas Guzzler Tax is $1,000. Problem solved.

This is the A10
S650 Mustang Price increase already on 2024 Mustangs! Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 10.34.05 AM

This is the M6 (with the $1K Gas Tax)
S650 Mustang Price increase already on 2024 Mustangs! Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 10.33.30 AM

This is both correct and incorrect. Correct for the standard M6 and incorrect with the optional A10
S650 Mustang Price increase already on 2024 Mustangs! Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 10.34.17 AM

Last edited:

Luckybob2485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Based on the assumption that the gas tax is the reason for the increase, is it safe to say there will be no price protection? As this is a gas tax increase and not a typical price increase?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Based on the assumption that the gas tax is the reason for the increase, is it safe to say there will be no price protection? As this is a gas tax increase and not a typical price increase?
There is “no” price increase So there will be no price protection. Ford just added the existing tax to the MSRP because there was no where else to put it. Nothing changes.

Luckybob2485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
There is “no” price increase So there will be no price protection. Ford just added the existing tax to the MSRP because there was no where else to put it. Nothing changes.
But on my base GT, there is now a gas tax, which was not on the base GT before. I will have to pay $1,000 more, which is a change.

OP
OP

gearhead350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 (sold)
The tax on the GT M6 wasn’t listed on the original order guide but is listed on the revised order guide dated 4/19. The original order guide is price level 420 & the revised is price level 425. So it kind of is a price increase since any order placed before 4/19 doesn’t have the charge

Luckybob2485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The tax on the GT M6 wasn’t listed on the original order guide but is listed on the revised order guide dated 4/19. The original order guide is price level 420 & the revised is price level 425. So it kind of is a price increase since any order placed before 4/19 doesn’t have the charge
Exactly. So there is a price increase in these situations. That’s where I’m curious if there will be any price protection offered.
Sponsored