• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Price Increase

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If I were you I would compare the DH to a used Mach or a GT350 and decide which you prefer.

I think that will help clarify in your mind what your priorities are and whether a couple hundred dollars matter a lot.

No, I would not kill a deal over a couple hundred, even if I knew that the dealer was in the wrong. I know for sure that's the case, because I paid $5K over on my 2016 GT350 tech pack back in November of 2015. So, the cost was almost $65K, which to me was way too much. Heck, the car was too expensive with MSRP just under $60K in my opinion.

I was happy with the car, but never was happy with the dealer for doing that. As far as I'm concerned, they lost my future business by doing that. I bought several cars from them prior to the GT350, but nothing since. Of course, Ford made that easier for me by making changes to the Mustang that I didn't really like.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
What I think it all comes down to and why I posted this thread to begin with is how hard I should put up a fight, if there even amounts to one. Some say be prepared to walk and others say take it on the chin for the amount in question. I want to make a prudent choice and so far the consensus seems to be haggle as far as you can without necessarily breaking the deal. If it were a GT I would own the negotiations, I'm not as confident with the DH.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
lol at OP telling me I failed because I believed other members on this forum are being honest.

I guess I’m a little old school as I believe regardless of S550 or S650 … GT Dark Horse Mach 1 or GT350 … that we are all part of a community…here to help each other

if this is what failure means then by all means I have failed.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
What I think it all comes down to and why I posted this thread to begin with is how hard I should put up a fight, if there even amounts to one. Some say be prepared to walk and others say take it on the chin for the amount in question. I want to make a prudent choice and so far the consensus seems to be haggle as far as you can without necessarily breaking the deal. If it were a GT I would own the negotiations, I'm not as confident with the DH.
to answer your question… I would try to haggle but ultimately I would pay the $200 if I special ordered the car exactly how I wanted

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
What you call faith I call gullible. No one is saying people are dishonest, but people do make mistakes. Trust but verify.

You said you saw the discounts. Well, I wanted to see them too. You failed to do that. Referring to someone else's posts is not the way to do that.

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
The problem I had when I ordered mine, was that, being a new series car with generally favorable options (quad exhaust, nite pony, vapor blue, A8 transmission, GT premium), the dealer I bought from was more than happy to let me walk, as I had my own financing set up and turned down the extended warranty; so aside from the crap "dealer package" (shite "ceramic coating"and ETCH, both mandatory so they say, at +$600). They were making little profit from me and would be quite content to pass the car on to the next mark at a better sales number. That situation left me with little negotiating room, since I had already waited 5 months from time of ordering to delivery. I took my medicine, but that dealer will never get another penny from me and I left a negative review as my only recourse. The best negotiating tactic is knowing you can walk away, and they knew I couldn't; so if you can and the deal fails the smell test, then do so.
Sponsored