• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Price Increase

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
If you and the dealer signed a purchase order (P.O) and the car happened to already have a Vin in production listed on the PO they would be compelled to honor the purchase agreement. Of course, you know dealers.
That depends solely upon exactly what it says in your signed and countersigned buyer's order.

In most cases, dealerships are no more obligated to sell you the vehicle than you are obligated to buy it.

If you believe a dealership can be forced to sell you a car you ordered, then would you also believe they can force you to buy it? It goes both ways, which is why most/many sales orders/buyers orders give either side an out.

Sure, you can push the issue. But are you going to spend thousands of dollars on attorney fees to force a dealership to sell you a vehicle?
Sponsored

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
When should I bring up the subject of Price Protection and to whom? Now with the salesman or at document signing time with the manager?

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
When should I bring up the subject of Price Protection and to whom? Now with the salesman or at document signing time with the manager?
There is no such thing as price protection. Even if someone said months in advance that there was price protection, the deal can easily change once the car arrives and you go pick it up. All dealers play those games because they all look at the current market value.

Wait until you go pick up the car from the dealer and look at the price. Put up a stink when (or if) they charge you any more than your absurd $65k+ price you have in mind. After a few minutes they should just drop it. You are paying a shit ton of money for a Ford to begin with and their invoice price for the car already makes room for plenty of profit margin for them; and if you finance the deal they will make even more profit on the back end through interest rate bumps.

Seriously do not stress about this. Of all things this couple hundred dollars is nothing in the grand scheme of things. If thinking about it gives you too much stress/anxiety and you still think your 'spec' is worth the price then plan on coughing up the extra couple hundred dollars and enjoy your new ride.

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
@Crew4991 No stress here just due diligence.

As far as worth is concerned, the $65K asking price is a little steep, agreed. However, a fully loaded GT gets me within arm's reach anyway. When you also consider the price will continue to climb for these types of vehicles in the near term and couple that with the bleak outlook for V8's in general, the price I pay today will look like a bargain tomorrow. :wink:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Knowing this would you still walk for $215?
Touch'e. I do see your point. By the time the ink is dry on the docs for a new car, $215 is something of a rounding error. Each individual will have their own perception what makes for a good-to-best deal. If both parties to the deal walk away happy, it seems difficult to improve on that.

Were they able to clarify what the increase was due to? I haven't been tracking options or paints and am unaware of any of the price changes.

Glad to read you got the $299 add-on removed. One poster a few years ago mentioned his experience: his dealer surprised* him with Paint seal, scotch guard, nitrogen in the tires, etc. It was horrible. He'd been waiting for so long, only to enter into that.

Be sure to post some pics once you take receipt of the car.

* Not to be confused with Surprise, AZ. :giggle:

Last edited:

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
Were they able to clarify what the increase was due to? I haven't been tracking options or paints and am unaware of any of the price changes.

Be sure to post some pics once you take receipt of the car.

* Not to be confused with Surprise, AZ. :giggle:
I didn't pursue it that far, but it does beg the question.

I plan to post pics, maybe a smattering of vids too.

Not confused, but if the guy in question also lived in Surprise, then that would be a surprise! 🙂

24grabbergt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt premium
honestly, i think it depends on your location. im from louisiana and didnt pay sticker, got them to take some off.

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
@24grabbergt For the GT yes. Ford offers several incentives for that trim. They are a whole lot stingier with the Dark Horse. For this you get nada.

24grabbergt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt premium
@24grabbergt For the GT yes. Ford offers several incentives for that trim. They are a whole lot stingier with the Dark Horse. For this you get nada.
thats crazy to me, they had a pretty loaded DH at the same dealership going for under sticker. maybe thats just how they get you 🤣

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
thats crazy to me, they had a pretty loaded DH at the same dealership going for under sticker. maybe thats just how they get you 🤣
That would be the rare exception but I suspect there is more going on with that than meets the eye. The only time I have witnessed that is when the car was reclassified as used (it doesn't take much for that to happen, less than 100 miles on the clock). Perhaps the dealer is small time and struggling with floor plans (if you know what that means). Hard to say without all the facts.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
That would be the rare exception but I suspect there is more going on with that than meets the eye. The only time I have witnessed that is when the car was reclassified as used (it doesn't take much for that to happen, less than 100 miles on the clock). Perhaps the dealer is small time and struggling with floor plans (if you know what that means). Hard to say without all the facts.
Dark Horses can be had for under sticker around me …

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
A few threads where members here claim to get under MSRP -

(37) Discounts dark horse and GT cars on ground all over | Mustang7G - 2024+ S650 Mustang Forum (Hybrid, GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1)

(31) $1,650.00 Below MSRP 4 My Dark Horse! | Mustang7G - 2024+ S650 Mustang Forum (Hybrid, GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1)
(this thread he was price protected but if you read further into thread another member says they got 3K off MSRP)

The ones below MSRP by me sold- so I expanded my search and found this one at 3K off MSRP

New 2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse for sale in Oracle, AZ 85623: Coupe Details - 707644423 - Autotrader

There are a ton at MSRP around me in Southern CA- I would guess someone could negotiate one of them down $500 pretty easily .....

Plenty over MSRP also- but they aren't selling... (Same dumb dealers had new Mach 1s on their lots still with mark ups and didnt start discounting until their Dark Horses arrived)

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Lots of things have gone up in price over the years. Nationally, the Housing market increases about 5% per year on avg. Avg. auto insurance has risen over 24% since 2020. Cost of a dozen eggs has risen 95% since 2020. Mustang GT Prem has increased 15% since 2020 and the Convertible has increased 13.5%. Could be worst.

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
None of this is concrete proof and highly suspect at best...

The first link... The poster mentioned discounts on GTs and DHs. GT's are discounted across the board but that's not the same for DHs. If @Tacticly is willing to SHOW us his 7% discount off MSRP on a DH then you'll win your case but not until then. Oh by the way, @Tacticly, I followed the link you posted here from the same thread and guess what? It stickers at $70,350 MSRP BUT is listed in the ad at $71,950! So much for 7% off!

PROOF: FAILED

The second link... There were multiple price increases from the time the poster ordered until he took delivery. His MSRP price was less than the new MSRP price but to say that was "below" MSRP is MASSIVELY misleading.

The third link... Hardly convincing! The ad is littered with errors and severely lacks information. Dealers often sell at THEIR MSRP and will discount off of that number and NOT the sticker. I tried pulling up the sticker but no go. I need to see the sticker.

Sponsored