• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
See all this for nothing. A simple mistake. time to move on.........
Funny thing is AP still showing $1500 and HP is $4995, even though the base price went back to its original number

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Funny thing is AP still showing $1500 and HP is $4995, even though the base price went back to its original number
It also still shows the increase in the base price in the summary section at the end. Who knows...

Juzrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
I ordered on 3/28 and I just did the same spec on the Ford Build site and it would be $2,145 more today. 700A, manual, Recaro, AP, HP. Crazy! From $70,860 to $73,005!
I ordered my DH on 4-4-23 same price as yoursā€¦I signed an order form with price on itā€¦also a Buy Vehical form and signedā€¦.both signed by me and dealerā€¦.I called dealer today to make sure my price protection was in placeā€¦.he said that the price will be what ever the MSRP says on car when deliveredā€¦and also said there could be more increases by the time I get it. I have been told that Ford has has a price protection for ordered carsā€¦.Ford pays the dealer at a later date for price difference of order date and delivery date. Anyone know what a guy can do to fight this? Sounds like my dealer is just going to pocket the extra $$$.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Is it just me or did they change the price back?
S650 Mustang Price Increase on Dark Horse Premium Model 1683098665208

GrabberBlueFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali, Expedition EL, Durango
I ordered my DH on 4-4-23 same price as yoursā€¦I signed an order form with price on itā€¦also a Buy Vehical form and signedā€¦.both signed by me and dealerā€¦.I called dealer today to make sure my price protection was in placeā€¦.he said that the price will be what ever the MSRP says on car when deliveredā€¦and also said there could be more increases by the time I get it. I have been told that Ford has has a price protection for ordered carsā€¦.Ford pays the dealer at a later date for price difference of order date and delivery date. Anyone know what a guy can do to fight this? Sounds like my dealer is just going to pocket the extra $$$.
I donā€™t know what you could do to fight that, other than throwing out what other dealerships are doing to price protect at the time of order. They seem like they are gonna tell you to pound sand, which is horrible. Granger posted a comment about this yesterday, on their 2% below invoice thread, I believe. May be some help. Good luck!

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I've received the question through private message, but thought it would be good to address here. You are price protected at the time of order. As long as the vehicle is delivered and titled to the person that is on the order sheet, if Ford comes out with a price increase, you will not pay anymore than when you signed when ordering.
Feedback from yesterday.

@Juzrock , if you confirm with the supporting dealer General Manager they will not provide Price Protection, we'd appreciate knowing who the dealer is, so as to avoid them. Thank You.

Regarding the agreement you signed, it reads like you set a specified price. We have confirmed Price Protection is being offered by Ford. You'd have to go back and study what was signed. For my dealer, worst case, I would have lost the deposit if I walked. Depending on the agreement, you might not lose anything.

Walk into the dealer when you have time, with all your documents. Ask for a sit-down with the GM, take a chair and wait until they are available.

Last edited:

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
I typed something in here, but I just couldn't post it. Best of luck to all of you.
Yeah, i'm out on any new Fords in future. Other manuf. are offering discounts while Ford is raising prices like gas. and their dealers still charging over MSRP mostly.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Yeah, i'm out on any new Fords in future. Other manuf. are offering discounts while Ford is raising prices like gas. and their dealers still charging over MSRP mostly.
Do what you want but Ford hasnā€™t raised the price of the S650. Also try getting a Last Call Challenger for under MSRP. A Camaro, sure, who cares? And lastly there are plenty of dealers that will offer you a fair deal. You just need to seek them out.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Is it just me or did they change the price back?
1683098665208.png
They did there, but if you build a car, the summary has the higher price still. Who knows.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It is what it is. Those cross shopping C8's will have to decide what they want. But honestly I do not think there are as many of this folks as some think. Especially those you want a M6 and a back seat (for whatever) reason.
I was very seriously cross shopping Corvettes a few years ago. But then I figured out that I don't really fit in one with a helmet on. And I'm not interested in an automatic transmission anyway.

Plus, I wanted a Corvette for the light weight, and after the C5 the Corvette gained a lot of weight. The C8 is in the Mustang ballpark with weight. Crazy for an all aluminum 2 seater.

But they are similar pricing and both sporty vehicles, so I think a lot of other people would cross-shop them. I don't think very many people need a back seat. Most people buying either car are older (50+) and their kids are grown.

Boss mustangs from 10 years ago with low miles are selling to almost what they were new
If the DH is as special as the Boss, it will hold its value. I would not be surprised at all if it's a great car. My bet is that anyone who buys one will be happy. The price of admission is just a little $20K or so too high for my expectations. I'll stick with my vehicle I paid less than 30 for.

I won't say for sure I'm out, but I have to admit that Ford has made quite a few changes lately that are pushing me away. It might seem silly, but the Mach E name still bugs me. I don't like the manual transmission gearing. And things like DI and PWTA are downgrades in my opinion.

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
I was very seriously cross shopping Corvettes a few years ago. But then I figured out that I don't really fit in one with a helmet on. And I'm not interested in an automatic transmission anyway.

Plus, I wanted a Corvette for the light weight, and after the C5 the Corvette gained a lot of weight. The C8 is in the Mustang ballpark with weight. Crazy for an all aluminum 2 seater.

But they are similar pricing and both sporty vehicles, so I think a lot of other people would cross-shop them. I don't think very many people need a back seat. Most people buying either car are older (50+) and their kids are grown.

If the DH is as special as the Boss, it will hold its value. I would not be surprised at all if it's a great car. My bet is that anyone who buys one will be happy. The price of admission is just a little $20K or so too high for my expectations. I'll stick with my vehicle I paid less than 30 for.

I won't say for sure I'm out, but I have to admit that Ford has made quite a few changes lately that are pushing me away. It might seem silly, but the Mach E name still bugs me. I don't like the manual transmission gearing. And things like DI and PWTA are downgrades in my opinion.
yeah, i def. agree on the MME name. Wish it was different, but i had no say in the matter. I just can't go 350 to M1 to DH and say it's a replacement upgrade.

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
Do what you want but Ford hasnā€™t raised the price of the S650. Also try getting a Last Call Challenger for under MSRP. A Camaro, sure, who cares? And lastly there are plenty of dealers that will offer you a fair deal. You just need to seek them out.
Check out your google machine. Ford did raise prices on DH and other trims. Yeah, agree. can't even find a last call. Agree some will do an offer.

My only point was the price increases. Ford did same on Mach-E, then dropped it back down after tax was changed.
PS. the price raise is literally on the front page of this website.

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
Damn, we need to see the May 1 price list

OLD PRICING SUMMARY
  • MSRPS $61,865
  • DESTINATION CHARGES + $1,595