• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse - Dealer Premium

Damian_21ST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
My thoughts exactly and the sad part im sure there will be people still buying at that price
Ik like ppl dont shop around i ordered my dh from my dealer on march 29th ill be paying msrp but they got no allocation so yesterday i went to another dealership and ordered another one bc apparently they are getting their orders fulfilled so i gave it a shot they also selling it to me for msrp

OP
OP
NJStang

NJStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse
These markups make no sense. Most dealers Iā€™ve called either donā€™t have allocations or if they do, will charge 10k - 25k markup. Found one dealer over the border in Delaware which will charge 3k. Iā€™m in NJ. Will most likely make the trip to Delaware as 3k seems to be more reasonable compared to all othersā€¦..still a sh*tshow though

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
It is driven by your dealers location "Market adjustment" many dealers only get one allocation, meaning they can only get one. Where you are one would guess that's pretty standard.

I have seen posts in some parts of Texas 15 to 30k.

Have also seen on multiple posts across different forums that this has not stopped many orders. Also order banks close 8/1 for 2024.

A GT is good, but will never be a DH. Best of luck on your journey.
Where did you get that order banks clsoe 8/1? That's extremely early in my opin

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Where did you get that order banks clsoe 8/1? That's extremely early in my opin
Especially if they are doing 18 months of production, that makes no sense. They should be stopping production of 2024s sometime near next September or October. 8/1 next year would be closer to when the banks close for 24s.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Makes senseā€¦ shxt the bronco order bank was open for 1 day iirc.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Makes senseā€¦ shxt the bronco order bank was open for 1 day iirc.
Mustangs sell no where close to broncos. There were only 950 retail orders unscheduled this week left. It doesn't make sense to leave a year of only dealer stock orders. They wont close 8/1 of this year.

To the OP, shop around. I spoke to 3 dealers. First two were 10-15k over, then i found one at MSRP i just have to let them tint the windows and do the paint protection, which i was fine with.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Next time I see it, I will screen grab it, I have seen it multiple times comes out on threads with scheduling info stuff
Are you talking about this? Notice that it says government orders. The slot below it is for commercial orders. Non government and non commercial Retail banks will continue to be open after 8/1. I would guess likely into summer 2024 as long as there is not a large run of orders, which is unlikely, as unscheduled numbers have already fallen. Fall 2024 should be when 25 banks open, roughly.
S650 Mustang Dark Horse - Dealer Premium Screenshot 2023-06-19 at 4.30.50 PM

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
Are you talking about this? Notice that it says government orders. The slot below it is for commercial orders. Non government and non commercial Retail banks will continue to be open after 8/1. I would guess likely into summer 2024 as long as there is not a large run of orders, which is unlikely, as unscheduled numbers have already fallen. Fall 2024 should be when 25 banks open, roughly.
Screenshot 2023-06-19 at 4.30.50 PM.png
This is what I continually see. I took it as final retail orders.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
To the OP, shop around. I spoke to 3 dealers. First two were 10-15k over, then i found one at MSRP i just have to let them tint the windows and do the paint protection, which i was fine with.
What kind of paint protection? Ceramic? You may want to just eat that cost, let them charge you, then tell them not to do it. Or at least make sure it's something you or your detail shop can easily remove. Odds are, they'll just do a normal wash, then slap on a walmart "spray ceramic", which is pointless.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
What kind of paint protection? Ceramic? You may want to just eat that cost, let them charge you, then tell them not to do it. Or at least make sure it's something you or your detail shop can easily remove. Odds are, they'll just do a normal wash, then slap on a walmart "spray ceramic", which is pointless.
Right, i planned on just paying it and doing my own ceramic PP later on. I am going to find put what product they use and decide whether or not to tell them to do it or not and just pay regardless.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
The "detailers" (Dr. Evil finger quotes in air) at my supporting dealer, while prepping the car for receipt, caused the majority of scratches I later 1) removed myself, or 2) had the PPF installers fix. I actually stopped them halfway through, said, "Thank You." and shooed them away.

Whichever direction anyone goes (DIY, dealer, shop), along with not installing the license plate, insist the dealer "detailers" don't put dressing on the tires, to shine them up. IDK what the "detailers" used, but it was near impossible to get off. Like a combination of grease and paint.

I was fortunate to find a local detailing business that's been in business for years and does great work. The dealer? I'd be deeply concerned after what I witnessed. I'm sure there are some dealers that do great work, but I'd imagine few put quality before maximizing profit.

YMMV.

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I was talking to my salesman and happened to ask about a dark horse. We didn't initially talk price and said he couldn't get me one. Wait, what? I'm the guy who was passing along GT350R deals and bought my GT500CFTP at near MSRP. He told me his dealership has all their dark horse allocations going for a 40K markup. Yup, 40K. All for a car with less horsepower than the GT350R.

Something doesn't sound right, but some of the ADMs that have been paid for the 350s and 500s, I guess anything is possible.

Anyway, I won't be buying one.
Sponsored