• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse - Dealer Premium

NJStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse
Hi all - was hoping to get your input on this. I was trying to place an order for a DH earlier today but quickly backed out when the dealer told me I can expect a 15k - 20k markup over MSRP. Is this what you guys are seeing? Seems a bit over the top for me. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
Seems to be between 5k and 20k markups unless you ordered back in late March. I wouldn't pay a dime over MSRP.

Also, seems to be a pretty long wait if you order one now. Paying that much over retail and getting the car with snow on the ground would suck.

Last edited:

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
In and all around Michigan, when the banks opened on 3/27, everyone was between 5-20K markups for me.

Last edited:

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
With a premium GT it’s damn near a dark horse. Not worth the headache at this point.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
getting the car with snow on the ground would suck.
Probably wouldn't see a Dark Horse order placed now until much after the snow is on the ground, I would guess Spring 2024.

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Hi all - was hoping to get your input on this. I was trying to place an order for a DH earlier today but quickly backed out when the dealer told me I can expect a 15k - 20k markup over MSRP. Is this what you guys are seeing? Seems a bit over the top for me. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Is Granger out? They were selling DH at MSRP.

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
The 1st dealer I went to told me the markup would be $10k to $15k. I called another dealer who had never heard of th DH and they agreed to MSRP. That was on 4/8.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Is Granger out? They were selling DH at MSRP.
Granger had a list greater than their number of allocations even before the order banks opened. They've worked through some of them (myself included - was lucky enough to get an MSRP order in from a much more local dealer on opening day), but you can always ask to get on Granger's list. You might have more luck just waiting til DH hit the lots and find one that a dealer hasn't moved yet.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
$20k LOL.. Wait till the tuner companies come out with their offerings on a GT/package car with forced induction if you really want to spend that kind of coin.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Pausing until MY25 is probably best.

The economy, auto market, new model interest, Ford dealing with first-year issues and on-going supply chain problems are influencing the use of ADMs.

Unless having a first year of the mark is important, I'd wait as late a January 2025 to order. The hope is things will be a bit back towards normal by then.

Last edited:

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Pausing until MY25 is probably best.

The economy, auto market, new model interest, Ford dealing with first-year issues and on-going supply chain problems are influencing the use of ADMs.

Unless having a first year of the mark is important, I'd wait as late a January 2025 to order. The hope is things will be a bit back towards normal by then.
Either way It is a wait and a gamble,

Last edited:

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
It is driven by your dealers location "Market adjustment" many dealers only get one allocation, meaning they can only get one. Where you are one would guess that's pretty standard.

I have seen posts in some parts of Texas 15 to 30k.

Have also seen on multiple posts across different forums that this has not stopped many orders. Also order banks close 8/1 for 2024.

A GT is good, but will never be a DH. Best of luck on your journey.

Damian_21ST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Seems to be between 5k and 20k markups unless you ordered back in late March. I wouldn't pay a dime over MSRP.

Also, seems to be a pretty long wait if you order one now. Paying that much over retail and getting the car with snow on the ground would suck.
Thats gt500 price dh is nowhere near on par with it
Sponsored