• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
My Darkhorse Premium build didn't change price. Are you sure that number isn't just including destination?

PresentNotPast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I think he is right, if I remember correctly the base GT was 41,000 and now it’s 42,000

GrabberBlueFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali, Expedition EL, Durango
do we get price protection on submitted order?
I would think so. I just looked at mine and it shows “Your price: $70,xxx” and then details the document fee, so I think that has to be locked in because we both signed it at that price. I’d imagine all of us with submitted orders are good, but would have to verify with the dealer. Good luck and fingers crossed!

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Dang, those prices def went up!.
I need to look at the papers I signed and see if it mentions price protection.

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Wow, they raised the base GT 1000, from 41.5 to 42.5

Holy sheeeit. Guess the demand IS strong.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
looks like the price went up because the manual GTs now have a Gas Guzzler tax of $1000, otherwise prices are unchanged

Jjr36011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 XLT
Well my manual order was submitted before this change. Hope the dealer doesnt play shenanigans with me on that.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Well my manual order was submitted before this change. Hope the dealer doesnt play shenanigans with me on that.
i'm 99% sure that as long as your paperwork was signed and your order placed before the change, it'll stay the same

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
do we get price protection on submitted order?
In summary, in the overwhelming majority of sales: yes.

While Ford can offer Price Protection, are dealers required to support it? No.

If in a situation where you have an order in but the dealer will not support protection, ultimately, you can walk, with the dealer attempting to sell the car at the new, higher price. This could happen. I'm sure there are examples out there. But the salesperson has already done the heavy lifting and gotten the sale. You're just waiting for the car to arrive. It's like they have a lock on profit and commission, but would have to give that up while risking selling your spec to someone who wanted it (paint, trans, other options).

If the price increase is on the car and options, processes might have changed, but Ford used to advertise those increases ahead of time, like 30-60 days before; this would give any who'd yet to commit to an order incentive to do so. In those same statements, Ford would confirm it's Price Protection program: orders placed before the specified date were covered with those dealers which supported.

But if the changes are due to destination and delivery, taxes, etc., those are immediate and the buyer eats those.

Regarding Price Protection, each person needs to check with their individual dealer. The overwhelming majority of dealers support. But I can give two examples when they might not:

1. I'd previously read of some clients, a handful, involving invoice or below invoice deals. They placed an order for an incredibly good deal. But when price increases occurred, they were not afforded Price Protection. These buyers paid a new price which reflected the increases.

2. There have been some dealers which do not support Price Protection. You've placed an order for an MSRP build. Price increases later occur. You buy the car anyway. The dealer later applies for and receives Price Protection, and then pockets it. Fortunately, these examples are rare.

My build witnessed $4K of price increases while I was waiting, all of which were covered. When the window sticker was finally published, all those new $ increases were listed. All the documents had been updated. I confirmed with the dealer they would support Price Protection and they listed the specific dollar amount I'd receive, the adjustment.

Price Protection can work in one of two ways:

1. The car arrives. You're aware of the $ changes and the dealer has confirmed Price Protection. You buy the car at the original, agreed-to price and drive off. The dealer confirms the person who bought the car is the same who ordered it, and applies for Price Protection. At this moment, the dealer is at a $ loss. Ford processes the dealer request, and gifts the difference to the dealer, in about six weeks. From your perspective, the entire process has been transparent. Nothing has changed.

2. The car arrives. You're aware of the changes and the dealer has confirmed Price Protection. You pay the new price. Somewhere along the way, you and the dealer have come to an agreement, in writing: they will apply for Price Protection, with the $ ultimately coming to you. I'm aware of a handful of instances this has happened, but these are rare. Anyone in this position, to help facilitate you receiving your funds, withhold all surveys after the sale; this effectively withholds the salesperson's commission until you receive your check.

Last edited:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
If the vehicle is sold and purchased by the dealer and the salesperson is employed by the dealer then the Manufacturer cannot ( has no financial interest to) withhold sales commission from the salesperson.
Spiffs supplied by the manufacturer they can hold back all day long for whatever metric they measure, but I don’t see how the manufacturer can withhold a dealer employees pay that they aren’t financially responsible for in the first place. If they sell a car and the dealer gets paid the employee must get paid.
Sponsored

Last edited: