• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
I don't see any price increase on the Dark Horse at least 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
here's the previous and current price lists, ("PL420" is from earlier in the month, "PL425" is from the 19th), you can see in there that the only real change (apart from some formatting) is the addition of the GT manual gas guzzler tax
So are the increases shown on the configurator for the GT and DH a mistake or will there be a new 4/24 price list?

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
So are the increases shown on the configurator a mistake or will there be a new 4/24 price list?
i bet whoever updated the configurator messed up, that thing looks to be held together with hopes, dreams, and scotch tape anyways

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
when i put down my deposit back in Feb, my dealer said "send...a copy of your drivers license and let me know exactly how you want it titled at the time of purchase, that is the only way I can secure your price protection." So that's what I did.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
i bet whoever updated the configurator messed up, that thing looks to be held together with hopes, dreams, and scotch tape anyways
I would have guessed thoughts and prayers, myself...

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
To my knowledge, Ford’s price protection policy on special order vehicles has always been the lower of price less incentives at time of order or price less incentives at time of delivery. For example, if you ordered and agreed upon invoice price and incentives were $2K, you are locked at that price even if the invoice price increases $1K by the time of delivery. Now, if incentives have increased to $4K by the time of delivery, you would get the overall lower price at delivery ($1K price increase less $2K increase in incentives for a $1K overall net lower price).

There are a couple unique issues that can be different. Any increases in delivery are automatically passed to the customer unless the dealer is willing to eat that cost. Any “free” options originally included that are now standalone chargeable options will be charged to the customer unless the dealer is willing to eat that cost.

I have first hand experience with this. When I purchased my 2018 PP2, cloth Recaro seats were included with the 301A package as a “No Charge” option. I had agreed to a price that was $621 under invoice (MSRP $45,485, invoice $43,121, agreed upon price $42,500). Incentives at the time of order were $1,500 (net agreed upon price of $41,000).

Between the time of order and time of delivery, Ford had started charging $1,595 (invoice $1,515) for the cloth Recaros on the 301A package. At the time of delivery, the window sticker did in fact show the $1,595 (window sticker was now $47,080). When I went in to sign the final paperwork and take delivery, the dealer informed me that we had a significant price increase of $1,515, but incentives had increased $2,250 to $3,750, so my final net price was going down $735 ($2,250 increase in incentives less $1,515 price increase). They explained this was how Ford’s price protection worked. It was lower of price less incentives at time of order or price less incentives at time of delivery. I argued with them that this technically wasn’t a price increase, but a change in included options. They specifically said that what they typically see in instances like this is an increase in delivery of $100 or so which they typically just eat, but this was too much for them to eat. I continued to argue that this was not a price increase, but a change in included options. Being a stand up dealer, they finally agreed with me that this wasn’t a typical price increase and honored my original agreed upon price of $42,500 less the $3,750 in incentives available at time of delivery for a net price of $38,750 (even though they were going to have to eat the additional $1,515 cost). I know they were going to appeal to Ford to see if they could get their money back, but I never did hear how that eventually turned out.

If this price increase is indeed the addition of a gas guzzler tax, it would most likely come down to passing it along to the customer unless the dealer is willing to eat it. But, I doubt they will want to eat $1,000.

Last edited:

Luckybob2485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I’m really hoping that our price is locked in at time of order. I placed an order with a non-refundable deposit, and it would seem wrong if I were subject to all price increases with no option to receive my deposit back.

PresentNotPast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
It could be a glitch, I mean fords website is over all the place, price protection is more then likely gonna happen if you signed the papers already, now if ford wants to raise the price of the MRSP then we all screwed price protection wouldn’t matter since ford themself raised the price of the car not the dealer.

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
4/19 price sheet for DH 600a is $57,970. On the configurator it is $59,270. Typo or price increase?
Includes the gas guzzler tax, whether that's an accident or not, idk, but when I configure it, the price is the same

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Invoices the destination fee, whether that's an accident or not, idk, but when I configure it, the price is the same
Here are the configurator prices for a base DH. And the 4/19 price list clearly showing the lower MSRP without the destination fee and the gas tax as a separate line item. It is "NOT" included in the MSRP.

I still think it is an error on the configurator. I guess we will know when the next price sheet comes out.

S650 Mustang Price increase already on 2024 Mustangs! Screenshot 2023-04-22 at 11.51.23 AM

S650 Mustang Price increase already on 2024 Mustangs! Screenshot 2023-04-22 at 11.53.17 AM
S650 Mustang Price increase already on 2024 Mustangs! Screenshot 2023-04-22 at 11.53.31 AM

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I’m really hoping that our price is locked in at time of order. I placed an order with a non-refundable deposit, and it would seem wrong if I were subject to all price increases with no option to receive my deposit back.
Your non-refundable deposit was based on the price you agreed to. If that price changes you get your deposit back.
Sponsored