• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canada Mustangs Cheaper Price!!!

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6
If I’m not mistaken, the mustangs in Canada are priced lower? My dealer sent me prices for options and models and it looks like we pay a little less after the conversion rate. Our GT Premium is $54,400,00 CAD… where are the USD price is $46,015.00 USD. After converting the rate from USD to CAD, Canadians save a few grand. Anyone else noticing this?
Sponsored

pozi240

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT PP, 21 Bronco Wildtrak, 20 Ranger
Can concur!! We place our order yesterday with our dealer (Barrhaven Ford in Ottawa), and I have the build sheet here. We had place a late order for a loaded 2023 GT Premium PP 401A in January that our dealer still had an allocation for. It priced out at $71k and change. Our new 2024 build with all the same options priced out at $73k, so, not much of an increase.
S650 Mustang Canada Mustangs Cheaper Price!!! 2024 Mustang build spec.JPG

OP
OP
Cherry Orca

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6
Can concur!! We place our order yesterday with our dealer (Barrhaven Ford in Ottawa), and I have the build sheet here. We had place a late order for a loaded 2023 GT Premium PP 401A in January that our dealer still had an allocation for. It priced out at $71k and change. Our new 2024 build with all the same options priced out at $73k, so, not much of an increase.
2024 Mustang build spec.JPG
Congrats! Why did you go with gt premium and not just gt?

pozi240

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You get a LOT in the Premium Package. B&O is now included (was $1000 extra on the S550). Our last two S550s (including our current 21 S550) have always been Premium pkg. You get so much more included, like active cruise control, lane departure, leather interior, digital dash option, lighted footwells, pony lights, security system, homelink, etc, etc. Just a nicer equipped car overall. This a summer only "3rd" car for my wife and I, and we travel a LOT to car shows (including Ford Nationals in Carlisle --- we placed 2nd last year), so, we want a comfortable and nice road trip car as well.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I have to imagine the vehicles in Canada are missing some features the US vehicles have to be priced lower, or the government is subsidizing the cost to sell them, to explain the price differential.

Plus, what about taxes and fees? I wouldn't be surprised if they were higher for buyers in Canada...

SimcoeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT premium
For my used 19 Mustang GT Premium, PP1, Magnaride with Alcatara and Carbon, Nav and B&O I paid $42,000 CAD last year and it is still under warranty as it was not purchased until mid 2020 so converted prices on new and used are less than in the US.

As for taxes in Ontario we pay 13% tax and we pay more in shipping so that does affect us when buying new cars and also affects what the dealers can charge. The only outlier is Alberta which as much lower tax. Also Dealers that I have gone to have all added a dealer paperwork fee of $300-600 which also is an added cost. Lastly we also get hit with increased costs if paying cash as the lenders provide a kickback to the dealers which they partially apply as incentives to the purchaser.

OP
OP
Cherry Orca

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6
You get a LOT in the Premium Package. B&O is now included (was $1000 extra on the S550). Our last two S550s (including our current 21 S550) have always been Premium pkg. You get so much more included, like active cruise control, lane departure, leather interior, digital dash option, lighted footwells, pony lights, security system, homelink, etc, etc. Just a nicer equipped car overall. This a summer only "3rd" car for my wife and I, and we travel a LOT to car shows (including Ford Nationals in Carlisle --- we placed 2nd last year), so, we want a comfortable and nice road trip car as well.
Thanks for the tips! Appreciate it. When you say leather interior… with GT non premium, is it cloth and plastic interior?

pozi240

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the tips! Appreciate it. When you say leather interior… with GT non premium, is it cloth and plastic interior?
Yes, the "base" GT is the same as the base Ecoboost. Cloth interior and plastic door and dash trim.

Korvus15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang
i wonder why it is cheaper. I always heard that vehicles were more expensive in Canads

OP
OP
Cherry Orca

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6
Yes, the "base" GT is the same as the base Ecoboost. Cloth interior and plastic door and dash trim.
That’s awesome to know. Thank you. I bet the premium has a better feel and quality compared to the elephant skin like plastic interior.

Goopat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango
Just want to check with you guys in Canada, any luck getting discount on order? My dealer said has one early allocation (around May build date) and only can do MSRP +admin fee, but if I can wait for next allocation around late fall, he can do something. Not sure if I should believe it

OP
OP
Cherry Orca

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6
Just want to check with you guys in Canada, any luck getting discount on order? My dealer said has one early allocation (around May build date) and only can do MSRP +admin fee, but if I can wait for next allocation around late fall, he can do something. Not sure if I should believe it
Tbh I’m in the same boat. Early allocation May / June build. But I’ve only gotten full msrp!

what’s your spec??

OP
OP
Cherry Orca

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6
Tbh I’m in the same boat. Early allocation May / June build. But I’ve only gotten full msrp!

what’s your spec??

Goopat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango
Gt premium, vaporblue with red interior, nite pony, active exhaust

Originally wanted grabber blue or yellow, but they don't come with red seat, so I go with the new color.
Wish I can get performance pack and magneride, but that's like another $9000, kind of on a budget, and I don't plan to race it anyway
Sponsored