• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Discounts dark horse and GT cars on ground all over

Tacticly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram TRX
If you have a dark horse on order and you’re paying over MSRP or MSRP, you should probably consider renegotiating your car on delivery. I originally ordered my dark horse at 5000 over in April price protected still hasn’t been delivered. The dealer already told me they’re not gonna be selling me the car for more than MSRP but I’ve already told the dealer that there’s dark horses on the ground already being discounted by dealers unsolicited. In addition I’ve seen Mustang GT’s for 10 or 11% off, so when your car arrives, don’t pay MSRP for it . By spring lots of cars on ground. I could go out right now and buy the same exact configuration. I have on order and get 7% off dark horse. I’m in the Midwest within 100 miles of Chicago.
Sponsored

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
If you have a dark horse on order and you’re paying over MSRP or MSRP, you should probably consider renegotiating your car on delivery. I originally ordered my dark horse at 5000 over in April price protected still hasn’t been delivered. The dealer already told me they’re not gonna be selling me the car for more than MSRP but I’ve already told the dealer that there’s dark horses on the ground already being discounted by dealers unsolicited. In addition I’ve seen Mustang GT’s for 10 or 11% off, so when your car arrives, don’t pay MSRP for it . By spring lots of cars on ground. I could go out right now and buy the same exact configuration. I have on order and get 7% off dark horse. I’m in the Midwest within 100 miles of Chicago.
So your post is misleading at best. Went thru this last week. DH are advertised at MSRP all over on the web, but when you proceed to buy one, they remain 10 to 20k over msrp. Can not speak of gt pricing.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
So your post is misleading at best. Went thru this last week. DH are advertised at MSRP all over on the web, but when you proceed to buy one, they remain 10 to 20k over msrp. Can not speak of gt pricing.
It depends on where you are. Maybe your area is still charging market adjustments but I can confirm with @Tacticly that I have gotten 4-5% off MSRP for Dark Horse in the Rocky Mountain region. No bogus fees either on my out the door price. When dealers need to move metal in winter to meet sales numbers in areas that get cold/snow, best way to do it is to lower the price. Seriously, keep your eyes open as the discounts are out there. It’s only a matter of time for your dealers near you before they get desperate enough for a sale.

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
It depends on where you are. Maybe your area is still charging market adjustments but I can confirm with @Tacticly that I have gotten 4-5% off MSRP for Dark Horse in the Rocky Mountain region. No bogus fees either on my out the door price. When dealers need to move metal in winter to meet sales numbers in areas that get cold/snow, best way to do it is to lower the price. Seriously, keep your eyes open as the discounts are out there. It’s only a matter of time for your dealers near you before they get desperate enough for a sale.
My order is at msrp, nationwide search for blue ember, manual no hp and standard interior 100% crazy high above msrp.

CarGuyBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse Blue Ember - 22 Mach-E GTPE - Bronco
From what I have seen the color and transmissions matters. If the car is Black the price is down if the car is Blue the price is up. The Auto seems to detract from the price as well. One of the local dealers here in GA had seven of them and the two manuals that were blue sold for 15k over MSRP the others are selling at 1k over MSRP but they are all Black autos.

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW 335i
I think the discounts will continue to increase in size.

Production of competing cars such as the C8 Corvette and BMW M2 continue to increase where supply is definitely meeting demand. MSRP seems to be the upper end of what people should be paying today for those other cars.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
So my GT Premium 401a with auto and active exhaust is scheduled to be built the week of 1/15/24. I ordered with X-Plan, no dealer installed crap, cash deal and it comes out to about $3k off MSRP plus any Ford offers at the time of delivery. Great dealer BTW. Should I push for a bigger discount? ATM, cars in my area are MSRP plus maybe $2k ADM for a standard GT, not a dark horse. Cars seem to sell in a matter of days so the market seems hot, at least for now. Advice? Tks.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Specific to your deal, I'd leave well enough alone. Given the car, price, discount and experience, reads like you did good to great. Everyone is happy and things are progressing as expected.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Specific to your deal, I'd leave well enough alone. Given the car, price, discount and experience, reads like you did good to great. Everyone is happy and things are progressing as expected.
Yea, that's what I was thinking as well.
Thanks for the advice!

OP
OP
Tacticly

Tacticly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram TRX
He is just one example within 100 miles of me now if they’re already showing it a discount on cars.com unsolicited you walk in there on a slow day you can get 7% off easily and this is just one car within 100 miles of me there’s other dealers already discounting the cars unsolicited,

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/5f4c99fc-ca87-4314-ad06-54175b877520/?attribution_type=se_rnp

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
There is nothing called as a slow day for a dark horse! Stealerships and greedy sales guys are always wanting to make a quick buck!

SHADOWBOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
There is one in North LA that is grabber blue DH below MSRP, price just went down today. I am sure it sells this weekend.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
In Southern California and the few dealers I drive past everyday… the 24s are stacking up…they still have the same first 24s they took delivery on months ago out front …

dark horses are sitting at the dealers with mark ups…. There are a few dark horses at msrp … this is in Orange County California… so definitely high amount of car culture

Deleted member 60890

So I found 6% off MSRP is common as I requested that amount and it was agreed to by three dealer's. 10% could be had for certain GT models in Florida when I was looking at what cars were selling for.

I took a 5% off MSRP deal, because the dealer didn’t charge any fees and the Out The Door “OTD” price was less. The mandatory sales tax and tabs was it. The other dealers had documents fees and another fees adding ~$1250 to the OTD total.

I’ve negotiated previous vehicles with zero document fees that were advertised at $995 on other cars I have purchased however, this Ford dealer with the 6% off MSRP wouldn’t move off the dock fees and some other bullshit fee they put on.

I couldn’t pay the 5% off MSRP with no other fees fast enough with another dealer because I really wanted the GT convertible they had on showroom floor! It did sit for a ~month before I got it and was optioned to my liking.

I know a collapse in the car market is coming or is already here but I wanted to start driving that GT convertible now while listening to that awesome exhaust system with the top down and not wait because life is short for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
Likewise in NorCal - dealers have GT’s that were delivered last year still sitting in the lot - price is 1k under MSRP and they not moving. This includes PP, PP2 and stick shift as well.
DH’s Tremec’s are all gone here! And still being sold for mark up’s.. ranging from 2k to 8k from what I am hearing.
Sponsored