• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Lots of unsold dark horse on ground

Tacticly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram TRX
100 plus many handling pack cars, at msrp do you know what that means you walk in on a slow day in the winter, I’m in the Milwaukee area that’s within 500 miles search and you’re paying under retail the dealers trying to sell them over msrp keep lowering prices and with this many cars on the ground, nobody is selling these cars over sticker, if you ordered a car and you paid over sticker by the time it arrives next spring you might want to renegotiate that because the chances are they are going to have somebody walk in the door and pay what you were paying for the car is pretty slim. The balls in your court once car arrives and you already have a deposit , they know you’re a guaranteed sale. And the economy is not doing that well and it’s going to get worse. Dealers have all variants sitting these cars are arriving unsold whether it’s a eco-boost a GT or a Darkhorse that’s not a good sign if you remember what was going on with the Broncos or even the last generation, Mustang they were being sold before they hit the lot.

https://www.cars.com/shopping/results/?dealer_id=&keyword=&list_price_max=&list_price_min=&makes[]=ford&maximum_distance=500&models[]=ford-mustang&monthly_payment=&page_size=20&sort=best_match_desc&stock_type=new&trims[]=ford-mustang-dark_horse&year_max=&year_min=&zip=53187
Sponsored

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2024 GT
The $10k mark-up on the DH at my dealer is also a big reason. My .02, you have to be nuts to pay over $80k for what is basically a Mustang GT. I’m sorry, but the DH is not a special car.

I had a hard time paying the $54k for my GT Premium.

OP
OP
Tacticly

Tacticly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram TRX
It’s special and relative to the claimed hp numbers has allot more wheel HP than a gt seeing 440 range gt seeing 398 range but on paper only supposed to be 14 difference the car has different cooling systems more cooling systems. The internals of the engine are different it’s worth 70,000 it’s not worth paying $10,000 over sticker. You get back the money on the residual as a used car because they’ll be less than made but dude Gts on the ground to unsold.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
The dealer I visited a month ago was selling a DH for $15K over MSRP. Now the same DH is sitting on their lot at MSRP with no markup. These things aren't flying off the lots.

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2024 GT
It’s special and relative to the claimed hp numbers has allot more wheel HP than a gt seeing 440 range gt seeing 398 range but on paper only supposed to be 14 difference the car has different cooling systems more cooling systems. The internals of the engine are different it’s worth 70,000 it’s not worth paying $10,000 over sticker. You get back the money on the residual as a used car because they’ll be less than made but dude Gts on the ground to unsold.
Not sure where your power numbers are coming from, but check this video out from a very reputable company in Steeda. Can’t get much more accurate with 2 cars, same dyno, same day, same weather…

Difference is only 13hp. Different connecting rods don’t really make for a unique engine but I do agree the residual will be better for the DH.

Last edited:

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
i agree ..mustang GT with active exhaust is just shy 13 hp from the DH 500 rated HP ..and its $20k plus cheaper … with all that extra savings ..you can upgrade that GT and still have cash left over…especially if your a DIYer mechanic thats even more savings 😁😁😁
...and that's why I bought a GT Premium! Maybe DH is worth it for track guys, but seeing as convertibles are not allowed on the track, I'm happy with my purchase other than this strange hole behind the front tires designed to ... collect gravel? Hope a fix is issued by Ford before I tack something on there.

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW 335i
The $10k mark-up on the DH at my dealer is also a big reason. My .02, you have to be nuts to pay over $80k for what is basically a Mustang GT. I’m sorry, but the DH is not a special car.

The other issue is that some dealers are starting to discount the C8 Corvette. The S650 is a great car, but for the same money, I'm probably going to end up buying the C8 Z51 instead.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium

Heck, I had a guy come up to me at the car wash to admire my car, and he was sure I had a Dark Horse (in really, it's just a fully loaded GT Premium).

You may get slightly more horse power and better residual value, but I'm sitll not convinced that's worth the markups dealers want.

DCBuckeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
Nothing is worth the markups the dealers are asking for. The idea that we as consumers gave the stealerships so much power -- in an age when you can email any dealer to seek a better price and force them to negotiate against one another -- blows my mind. Fools and too much money.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Guess that’s why dealers hate Teslas approach on how they sell cars directly from manufacturer to customer no middle man ..lol
It 100% is! I have a friend that ordered a Model S Plaid—from his phone, no less—and took delivery of his car less than a month later. He scheduled a delivery time at the dealership from his phone, showed up, signed three papers, and was out the door! In some states you can sign the paperwork online or have the car delivered directly to you.

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Camaro ZL1 (prev. 2019 Mustang GT; 2025?)
The other issue is that some dealers are starting to discount the C8 Corvette. The S650 is a great car, but for the same money, I'm probably going to end up buying the C8 Z51 instead.
Look out for possible transmission problems in a C8.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Be wary of searches, I have been calling on cars that show up on autotrader and cars.com and a lot of them are already sold special orders, but they auto populate when they are in transit.

That being said, I did just find a Handling Package at MSRP in Houston.
Sponsored