• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Lots of unsold dark horse on ground

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2024 GT
While I agree the avg Joe may only see a 14hp difference, as a proud DH owner I'd like to point out there's more of a difference between the DH and the 2024 GT than the Mach 1 and the 2023 GT.

For perspective, let me just mention I started out in January this year looking to purchase a 2023 GT. I examined the features in great detail, compared the GT and the Mach 1, and decided the GT could be equipped with all the goodies of the Mach 1 for less $$ except that extra bit of exclusivity and the "haze gray underway" paint. Having decided to purchase a GT with options (PP, AE, and MR), sadly, I could not find the GT I wanted anywhere, and could not order one either since the banks were closed. I thus looked into the 2024 version...

Ultimately I chose the DH because of three significant upgrades over the GT that the Mach 1 lacked:

1) The forged internals of the GT500. I do plan to whip it, so this is very important to me.
2) The additional cooling
3) The blue ember paint

The Tremec is another significant upgrade, but mine is A10, so not an issue for me.

Lastly, I don't really believe my DH premium is not worth the $66K MSRP, there is very little out there that offers this much value, and not much more at that. And please don't bring up the camarĂłn or corvette, I will never ever buy a GM product. I'd rather get crabs.

The pistons on the DH are not forged and differ from the GT500. The GT conrods are forged as well, just a different metal and forging process than the GT500/DH. Both use forged cranks as well.(supposedly different balancing in the DH)
Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram
OK went to check it out. As predicted, no test drive. 49F and sunny. They had a black manual and blue ember auto:

Black DH.jpg

Blue DH.jpg

IMG_6248.jpeg

IMG_6249.jpeg

Salesman was late 20's and had a 2022 GT, Mustang guy. We went out to look at them and he cold started the automatic with me 3 feet behind it, it sounded great. Got inside, seats appear to be the S550 seats carried over into S650. Material reminds me of the GT350 Alcantara but not quite as grippy, I liked the feel of it. Had no strong feelings either way about the dash screens. Huge scrape half way around the rim of one of the wheels, looks just like the scrape the dealer put on one of my wheels from their tire machine. I preferred the black to the blue ember, mainly because it allows the hood graphics to blend in, they are gigantic and cover almost the entire hood. The blue ember looks like olive drab but with cornflower blue instead of green. There is an orange-ish metallic that comes out in sunlight at certain angles.

Sales manager came out and said let us appraise your car and if the numbers look good you can test drive it before signing the papers, I said fine and sat there for 20 minutes (you guys are welcome LOL). I'm paying $553/mo for 72 months for the Mach. For the same 72 months they wanted my car and $1,045/mo for the blue ember DH. I laughed and said MAYBE I'd pay that for a GT500 CFTP. The sales manager scurried away and came back in 5 minutes and said OK how about $850/mo? Sigh. If only it was that easy to get a $200/mo payment reduction on other cars. Grabbed my key and left.

OK boys that's all I got. Good luck with your cars!
Update - they are now listing it for $1,000 under sticker...

https://www.jimshorkeyford.com/new-White+Oak-2024-Ford-Mustang-Dark+Horse-1FA6P8R06R5502556

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
No they’re advertising “financial engineering “ on your trade.

you can’t buy that car under MSRP… whole thread is some weird shit.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram
No they’re advertising “financial engineering “ on your trade.

you can’t buy that car under MSRP… whole thread is some weird shit.
Hmmm not sure I agree with that. Around here, nobody wants that car just to stick it in the garage for six months because of the weather. And they already appraised my trade and came up with a decent number before I even tried to hard-core negotiate.

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW 335i
This is just the beginning. By summer there will be deals to be had. My local dealer had a DH that was a customer order. They didn't take delivery and it's still there. They were asking $10k over and they told me they would do just $5k over. No thanks
It will be $5-10k under MSRP eventually.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Mustang 2019, GT 500 Magnetic 2020, 2020 Bullitt, Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Octane 2019, Dodge Charger Hellcat White Knuckle 2019, Toyota Supra Premium 2020, Toyota Avalon TRD 2020, Honda Civic Type R 2019
I went to my selling dealer and they want 7k over but I’m having in someways a hard time wanting one now. I modded my GT and it’s truly a blast. And sure I’d like a DH but like many here just sit it out you will get the deal.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram
A month ago today I went to look at a Dark Horse and posted about the experience. Blue Ember handling package, automatic. Just wanted to test drive and had no intention of buying. Had to let them "run the numbers" before they'd let me drive it but the numbers were so high I walked out.

Today the sales manager called to ask if I'd come back in and re-look at the numbers. They've had it listed for $1000 under MSRP for a few weeks and nobody wants it. I've posted the listing in 2-3 other threads here in case someone is looking for one but doesn't sound like anyone has inquired about it.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Mustang 2019, GT 500 Magnetic 2020, 2020 Bullitt, Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Octane 2019, Dodge Charger Hellcat White Knuckle 2019, Toyota Supra Premium 2020, Toyota Avalon TRD 2020, Honda Civic Type R 2019
A month ago today I went to look at a Dark Horse and posted about the experience. Blue Ember handling package, automatic. Just wanted to test drive and had no intention of buying. Had to let them "run the numbers" before they'd let me drive it but the numbers were so high I walked out.

Today the sales manager called to ask if I'd come back in and re-look at the numbers. They've had it listed for $1000 under MSRP for a few weeks and nobody wants it. I've posted the listing in 2-3 other threads here in case someone is looking for one but doesn't sound like anyone has inquired about it.
Wow surprised but at the same time how is it optioned and total price?

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Personally, I’d want the Recaros—especially for a handling pack car.

dconfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I tried to make a deal with them on it Friday and Saturday. They may lower the price by 1k but then they knock it off your trade. Not a good deal so I walked away also. If they would have come up on my trade like others are offering it would be in my garage right now.

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2024 GT
What dealer?
I tried to make a deal with them on it Friday and Saturday. They may lower the price by 1k but then they knock it off your trade. Not a good deal so I walked away also. If they would have come up on my trade like others are offering it would be in my garage right now.
what dealer?

dconfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Jim Shorkey in White Oak Pa. This is where the dark horse is that is 1k below msrp.
Sponsored