• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Lots of unsold dark horse on ground

Ozonerider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette C8, Lexus RX500h
The other issue is that some dealers are starting to discount the C8 Corvette. The S650 is a great car, but for the same money, I'm probably going to end up buying the C8 Z51 instead.
I got my daughter an S650 Premium High 201A (only an EcoBoost, it's her first car) which is much nicer than I expected (and she absolutely LOVES it), but having a 2021 C8 HTC myself I totally agree that for the money I would rather have a C8 than a DH.
Sponsored

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627
Ps I'll add unfortunately I think the focus groups Ford used have a high percentage of people who can't afford the car...

Its like they designed it for the younger generation then priced it so that the majority of them can't afford it
I decided I didn't care and I'll be broke but happy. I really can't super comfortably afford this car but when the GT350 came out I couldn't order one at my age in time and figured this was my last chance at something special, so forever debt it is.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I wonder if the C8 Z06 would be a special car if it were only making 15 horsepower over the C8 Stingray?

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram
You should do it and give us an unbiased report. You only live once…
Seconded. Go give it a whirl and report back. We like to live vicariously
Rrrrgh LOL OK if I get a chance tomorrow I'll go check it out. Have to take my dad to the doctor midday so maybe a 50-50 shot of being able to make it happen.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I’d be really shocked if they let you test drive a DH.

we had to buy my bros GT500 and 350R to test drive it. These are in the same realm

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Rrrrgh LOL OK if I get a chance tomorrow I'll go check it out. Have to take my dad to the doctor midday so maybe a 50-50 shot of being able to make it happen.
On the flip side of things...I'm 85% going to checkout/drive a terminator saturday

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram
On the flip side of things...I'm 85% going to checkout/drive a terminator saturday
Don't kick the ass end out, it will start swinging like a pendulum. I had an '03 and it was basically undriveable until I replaced all the factory rubber IRS bushings with urethane. Other than that, what a fun car. Doesn't perform like your Mach 1 but lots of character.

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
Now we have the DH and it's basically a Mach 1 with a new name--except it doesn't even get a different intake manifold like the Mach 1. Sure, it's upgraded over the GT 5.0, but to the average Joe, they see a difference of a measly 14 hp.
While I agree the avg Joe may only see a 14hp difference, as a proud DH owner I'd like to point out there's more of a difference between the DH and the 2024 GT than the Mach 1 and the 2023 GT.

For perspective, let me just mention I started out in January this year looking to purchase a 2023 GT. I examined the features in great detail, compared the GT and the Mach 1, and decided the GT could be equipped with all the goodies of the Mach 1 for less $$ except that extra bit of exclusivity and the "haze gray underway" paint. Having decided to purchase a GT with options (PP, AE, and MR), sadly, I could not find the GT I wanted anywhere, and could not order one either since the banks were closed. I thus looked into the 2024 version...

Ultimately I chose the DH because of three significant upgrades over the GT that the Mach 1 lacked:

1) The forged internals of the GT500. I do plan to whip it, so this is very important to me.
2) The additional cooling
3) The blue ember paint

The Tremec is another significant upgrade, but mine is A10, so not an issue for me.

Lastly, I don't really believe my DH premium is not worth the $66K MSRP, there is very little out there that offers this much value, and not much more at that. And please don't bring up the camarĂłn or corvette, I will never ever buy a GM product. I'd rather get crabs.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram
You should do it and give us an unbiased report. You only live once…
Seconded. Go give it a whirl and report back. We like to live vicariously
I’d be really shocked if they let you test drive a DH. we had to buy my bros GT500 and 350R to test drive it. These are in the same realm
OK went to check it out. As predicted, no test drive. 49F and sunny. They had a black manual and blue ember auto:

S650 Mustang Lots of unsold dark horse on ground Black DH

S650 Mustang Lots of unsold dark horse on ground Blue DH

S650 Mustang Lots of unsold dark horse on ground IMG_6248

S650 Mustang Lots of unsold dark horse on ground IMG_6249

Salesman was late 20's and had a 2022 GT, Mustang guy. We went out to look at them and he cold started the automatic with me 3 feet behind it, it sounded great. Got inside, seats appear to be the S550 seats carried over into S650. Material reminds me of the GT350 Alcantara but not quite as grippy, I liked the feel of it. Had no strong feelings either way about the dash screens. Huge scrape half way around the rim of one of the wheels, looks just like the scrape the dealer put on one of my wheels from their tire machine. I preferred the black to the blue ember, mainly because it allows the hood graphics to blend in, they are gigantic and cover almost the entire hood. The blue ember looks like olive drab but with cornflower blue instead of green. There is an orange-ish metallic that comes out in sunlight at certain angles.

Sales manager came out and said let us appraise your car and if the numbers look good you can test drive it before signing the papers, I said fine and sat there for 20 minutes (you guys are welcome LOL). I'm paying $553/mo for 72 months for the Mach. For the same 72 months they wanted my car and $1,045/mo for the blue ember DH. I laughed and said MAYBE I'd pay that for a GT500 CFTP. The sales manager scurried away and came back in 5 minutes and said OK how about $850/mo? Sigh. If only it was that easy to get a $200/mo payment reduction on other cars. Grabbed my key and left.

OK boys that's all I got. Good luck with your cars!

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627