• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Luckybob2485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
That is all well and good as this protects you from dealer price shenanigans. But it will likely not do anything for a increase due to a Federal tax.
I completely agree with you. However, it becomes a breach of contract as the dealer is no longer able to sell you a vehicle for the agreed upon price. Creates a bit of a predicament.

OP
OP

gearhead350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 (sold)
Question. So does your order sheet show the GG tax?
The pic below is the price guide my salesman printed out when I ordered my GT. It shows a gas guzzler tax for Darkhorse but not GT. I optioned my car based on the info provided to me & signed a purchase agreement for a price that does not include a GG tax. Itā€™ll be interesting to see how it plays out.

S650 Mustang Price increase already on 2024 Mustangs! 85EA2099-A4D3-4DB3-8F1E-750E2C6239F5

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
The pic below is the price guide my salesman printed out when I ordered my GT. It shows a gas guzzler tax for Darkhorse but not GT. I optioned my car based on the info provided to me & signed a purchase agreement for a price that does not include a GG tax. Itā€™ll be interesting to see how it plays out.

85EA2099-A4D3-4DB3-8F1E-750E2C6239F5.jpeg
This is what you will most likely hear. ā€œWe have not changed the price of you carā€œ. ā€œWe are ā€œcollectingā€ a Gas Guzzler tax and forwarding it to the Federal Government. The word collecting gets them out of any agreement they have with you. Ask me how I know. :giggle:

OP
OP

gearhead350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 (sold)
This is what you will most likely hear. ā€œWe have not changed the price of you carā€œ. ā€œWe are ā€œcollectingā€ a Gas Guzzler tax and forwarding it to the Federal Government. The word collecting gets them out of any agreement they have with you. Ask me how I know. :giggle:
Yep. Thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™m expecting. I just wish I wouldā€™ve found out when I still had time to change my order. šŸ˜

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
I completely agree with you. However, it becomes a breach of contract as the dealer is no longer able to sell you a vehicle for the agreed upon price. Creates a bit of a predicament.
I think you are wrong.

The dealer agrees with you on the price of the car. Not price of tax.

Tax comes after the price of the car, just like the state tax.

When you want to buy a 60k car and the government decides to higher the state tax, it is not the dealers fault. The price on the car that you agreed with the dealer is still the same.

The only thing that has changed is the money you have to pay to the government.

OP
OP

gearhead350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 (sold)
I think you are wrong.

When you want to buy a 60k car and the government decides to higher the state tax, it is not the dealers fault. The price on the car that you agreed with the dealer is still the same.

I hear what youā€™re saying but a gas guzzler tax is built into the MSRP of the car & doesnā€™t ā€œcome after the price of the carā€ like you suggested above.

Luckybob2485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I hear what youā€™re saying but a gas guzzler tax is built into the MSRP of the car & doesnā€™t ā€œcome after the price of the carā€ like you suggested above.
I agree. Itā€™s not paid after the fact. Itā€™s built into the price of the vehicle.

Luckybob2485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I think you are wrong.

The dealer can no longer offer me the vehicle at our agreed upon price. Gas guzzler tax is included in the price of the vehicle, not paid after the fact.

My dealer does not collect any tax from me at the time of sale, and Iā€™m responsible for that at the time of registration. If what you said is true, that means Iā€™d pay gas guzzler tax at registration

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Plus, because the GG tax is built into the MSRP youā€™re paying sales tax on it too. A tax on top of a tax
The GG tax is shown as a line item option. It is not built into the MSRP. Iā€˜m not sure if you pay sales tax on it.

Edit: I meant to say that the GG tax is not built into the base price, not the MSRP. My bad.

Last edited:
OP
OP

gearhead350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 (sold)
The GG tax is shown as a line item option. It is not built into the MSRP. Iā€˜m not sure if you pay sales tax on it.
The Mach1 window sticker below shows GG tax as a line item but also includes it as part of the final $63,835 MSRP. In Indiana I would have to pay 7% sales tax on the $63,835 price of the car. That makes that $1000 GG tax $1070 for me at least

S650 Mustang Price increase already on 2024 Mustangs! E16FB2C7-5FDF-4E59-A0AA-2BAAF36A3289

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
The dealer can no longer offer me the vehicle at our agreed upon price. Gas guzzler tax is included in the price of the vehicle, not paid after the fact.

My dealer does not collect any tax from me at the time of sale, and Iā€™m responsible for that at the time of registration. If what you said is true, that means Iā€™d pay gas guzzler tax at registration
Then back out of the deal, the dealer should have zero issues selling your build to another.

Luckybob2485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Then back out of the deal, the dealer should have zero issues selling your build to another.
Thatā€™s what Iā€™m going to find out from them tomorrow. They state the deposit is non-refundable, so weā€™ll see what they say.