• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Performance package is it worth it

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Counter point, but for me I didn't see the benefits, especially as a convertible owner.

For the coupe I would be more likely to get it just for the spoiler. For the convertible it's the same price but you lose the spoiler.

I didn't want the PP wheels because they are too much of a pain in the ass to clean. The brakes I ordered separately as a stand alone option. Didn't want summer tires and have to buy a separate set of all-seasons. Didn't want the ugly parking/drift brake - prefer the switch. And since I don't plan to track it, didn't care about the other performance stuff.

Magneride is nice, but it doesn't even come on the Performance Package. You still have to add it as a $1,750 option! Which I think is ridiculous given the $5K price tag on the PP.

I went with Premium + 401A + Brembos + AVE and for me this is perfect
Sponsored

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Counter point, but for me I didn't see the benefits, especially as a convertible owner.
As I've said in other threads, it comes down to wants, needs and desire. You have obviously thought it all out and are content with your purchase and options....and for that you are congratulated. It's your car...outfit it the way you want it....."ANYWAY YOU WANT IT". :thumbsup:

mdoren252

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium.
That’s a life advice right there… a lot of people waste their life saving for the unknown, they end up too old to drive and missed the potential fun they could have had.

At least for once, own the car of your dreams, spec it the way you’d feel good about it. And drive it like you stole it.
That’s why when my wife passed I bought a Mustang GT 2021 PP1 at 66, and now I’m 69 and feel like I’m 29. I’m lucky to have my health and enjoy driving it in the warm weather. I’m also retired (did it early at 62).

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Not to sound like a broken record but if you can afford the Performance Package, get it.

It reminds me when I was negotiating the price of my previous truck. The sales rep said he could knock a couple thousand off the price if I don't get 4WD. For me, I'm glad I got it. Did I use it a lot? Nope. But it sure did come in handy when the unexpected happened. Not saying that the Performance Pack will have the same effect, but you get the idea.
Resale potential one with one without which would you prefer granny purchase?

Radiant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ecoboost Convertible (ordered), '18 Ecoboost

For the coupe I would be more likely to get it just for the spoiler. For the convertible it's the same price but you lose the spoiler.

I didn't want the PP wheels because they are too much of a pain in the ass to clean. The brakes I ordered separately as a stand alone option. Didn't want summer tires and have to buy a separate set of all-seasons. Didn't want the ugly parking/drift brake - prefer the switch. And since I don't plan to track it, didn't care about the other performance stuff.

Magneride is nice, but it doesn't even come on the Performance Package. You still have to add it as a $1,750 option! Which I think is ridiculous given the $5K price tag on the PP.

I went with Premium + 401A + Brembos + AVE and for me this is perfect
The spoiler situation with the Performance Pack on the convertibles is odd.

It's $5225 on the Ecoboost Convertible, versus $6745 on the GT Convertible, to get the Performance Package and MagneRide. They both get the spoiler delete, but the GT is losing a far more expensive spoiler.

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
I have a S550 without PP, but added the PP wheels in a square fitment for daily driver. The GT PP uses staggered fitment (wider rears), so may not be the best for a daily. Also, summer only tires not great for a daily unless you live somewhere that is always warm. I wanted the S650 loaded so got everything on it. Not sure if just the PP alone is worth it as the brakes can be added as a separate order option, as well as the strut tower brace can be installed by anyone really (also did that on the S550). I think what really make the PP come together is the magnaride... another added $$$ option. Not sure if this helps... or helps you spend more money, lol.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
So, I am going to order a new GT Premium. Should I add the performance pack? I will never have it on the track or drive it in that way. It will just be my daily car going to and from the store, etc.
I kept telling my wife I wasn't going to track this car, but I ordered it with PP anyway because I do like the extra features...magneride, AVE, staggered wheel set up, etc. Well, that didn't last long, taking it to Daytona June 20 for TNIA session. Moral of the story...you just never know what's gonna happen or which one of your buddies ask you to go to an event with them. 🤣

Mr Now

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
I’m confused about the performance package and magneride. Is magneride included on the pp for an ecoboost?

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
I’m confused about the performance package and magneride. Is magneride included on the pp for an ecoboost?
Magnaride is an additional cost over and above the HPP on the EcoBoost.

rockman 2738

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Titanium
YES! One last hurrah. I'm 78 and still pounding the skinny pedal. GT Premium Convertible, Iconic Silver with red interior,401A, PP, Magnaride, Active exhaust. The heated and cooled seats are really nice. I love the exhaust note. My biggest thrill and every time I get out of it I have a big smile on my face. Did I need it? Not really, but I love it and would do it all over again. Have fun.

Radiant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ecoboost Convertible (ordered), '18 Ecoboost
I can't imagine buying a Mustang without any of the performance options.

Then again, that's just me.
I bought my first Mustang (used) without the performance options. Little over three years later and I'm ordering a new one with everything I wish I had on my current pony (convertible, performance package, magneride, premium trim). Would definitely recommend at least some options to my past self.

It's a $1750 option on both the Ecoboost and GT, however the 2.3L Performance Package is only $3475 versus the $4995 of the GT Performance Package. MagneRide requires ordering the Performance Package.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Without PP do you get the same drive modes? I like the quicker and more firm shifts with the auto in sport and track.

Last edited:

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I also went with the idea that i'd rather have it and never need it than the opposite...
But, i was in a position that my trade-in was worth more than the S650 so i was a bit loose with picking add-ons... if money is a consideration, then yeah you prioritize the stuff you truly "must" have...
Sponsored