• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is the DH worth it?

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
This is 1000% where I am. With this new camshaft and potentially different block (from that other post), the scenario you mentioned above would be a helpful nod for cost justification. As it sits, it's a tough sell for people already in a gen 3, especially one with a tremec.

If you have a mach 1 or bullitt itā€™s really not worth the upgrade. The big issue with the dark horse is its long term potential vs value. My guess is itā€™ll end up like the boss 302s, and be significantly outdone by whatever next high trim model comes out. Probably something with a flat plane crank, because if ford doesnā€™t use a FPC with this new duel intake theyā€™re stupider than i ever imagined. Unfortunately the dark horse will probably end up like the boss 302, or the 03-04 mach 1s. Where when the next gen car or next high performance model, is better in every way. And it results in them having a crappy resale, or them sitting on lots. The 03 mach 1 came out people where paying terminator money for them. But once the 2005 car was unveiled and had 300hp, i remember dealers having too significantly discount the 2004 models, because it became a moot point
Sponsored

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I just want GM to release another Camaro Z28 before they are gone. If not, I'll hunt down a C7 Z06 to add to the garage. So no, the DH is definitely not worth it for me (but I have high standards). I prefer N/A for a Camaro.

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
Wait for New Dark Horse $66,000 or 2020 GT 350 with 14,000 miles for 70,000?

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Heā€™s not a bad dude and he actually drives his stuff. But heā€™s like strang mode he really doesnā€™t know what the heck heā€™s talking about. Stang mode was dumb enough to take a 2020 GT500 and instead of working with someone like Ken a pale beach to advance his hp. He throws cams at it and other mods that the car didnā€™t need. Blows it up and cries

Like bro nobody is camming these GT500s youā€™re wasting your time and money stupid
Stankmode makes himself hard to like. You're 100% correct

Ike99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Tacoma Pre Runner, 2016 Avalon
This kid is amusing. (27) THE PRICE WILL MAKE YOU CRY... 2024 Mustang Dark Horse vs Final Edition Camaro ZL1! - YouTube
He sure talks a lot. Buy what you like and can afford..then call.it a day. if you can't afford it, stay on the porch.

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
So I finally found a dealer with an allocation willing to do MSRP on a dark horse which is already previewing with the exact spec Iā€™d order. The difference between my GT with discount and this DH build is about ~8K. Really struggling to rationalize if the gap is worth it and if I should jump on the opportunity. After scouring the 6G forum many swore by purchasing the Mach-1 over a fully loaded S550 GT premium with a similar gap and the DH seems more equipped over a S650 GT premium than the Mach-1 was over the S550 GT Premium.

Hoping to generate more discussion and gain better insight on the topic!

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
So I finally found a dealer with an allocation willing to do MSRP on a dark horse which is already previewing with the exact spec Iā€™d order. The difference between my GT with discount and this DH build is about ~8K. Really struggling to rationalize if the gap is worth it and if I should jump on the opportunity. After scouring the 6G forum many swore by purchasing the Mach-1 over a fully loaded S550 GT premium with a similar gap and the DH seems more equipped over a S650 GT premium than the Mach-1 was over the S550 GT Premium.

Hoping to generate more discussion and gain better insight on the topic!
My opinion is for a manual transmission, Iā€™d pay the premium for the Dark Horse to get the Tremec. For an automatic, I donā€™t see enough value for the additional cost. Not saying the Tremec is worth $8,000, just that it along with all the other upgrades would make it worth it to me. In the auto, all the other upgrades arenā€™t worth the premium for me.

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
Not mention that Manual Transmissions are going outā€¦.in a year or two, you may not see anymore brand new sports cars šŸš˜ with manual transmissions.

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
My opinion is for a manual transmission, Iā€™d pay the premium for the Dark Horse to get the Tremec. For an automatic, I donā€™t see enough value for the additional cost. Not saying the Tremec is worth $8,000, just that it along with all the other upgrades would make it worth it to me. In the auto, all the other upgrades arenā€™t worth the premium for me.
Not mention that Manual Transmissions are going outā€¦.in a year or two, you may not see anymore brand new sports cars šŸš˜ with manual transmissions.
Thanks! I think ultimately what I've decided is that I'll get the GT now and wait about 4-5 years to get the next specialty vehicle whether that be the 350, 500 or something else. I don't believe the Dark Horse is totally worth the step up from my current order. If the Dark Horse ends up being the last of em paired with the tremec or something better in the manual slot then I'll rethink it.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Questioning if DH is faster than a GT350 R? Even the Mach 1 w Handling Package was faster on track...

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
Questioning if DH is faster than a GT350 R? Even the Mach 1 w Handling Package was faster on track...
Cap
Sponsored