• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is the DH worth it?

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
NPC AI generated content creator ass

Lynchburgsam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Seems like if you liked the camero that much youā€™d already have one. The performance does seem to be much higher for the money but if you donā€™t like the car what difference does it make? I donā€™t understand this guy when heā€™s buying Lamboā€˜s and Ferrariā€˜s.

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627
Comparing a car that will have 56 models to ones that aren't being capped saying that it's a better buy? Bruh they are going to be marked up insanely. I can't wait for the Darkhorse to blow everyone's bs thoughts out of the water.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Iā€™ll say thisā€¦the DH, (stupid name) (with nite pony being even stupider unless for a 3 year olds bedtime toy) looks great in the Blue Ember paint. I noticed something new on the S650 today that bothers me. The back bumper cover is sloped really high into the 1/4 panel removing much of the panel itself in favor of extra bumper cover. It looks odd if you think too much about it. I also wish Ford would redesign to flush out the windshield and rear window to the body. That would elevate the quality perception of the build. Edit: itā€™s kind of high on the S550 also but not as extreme.

Last edited:

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Well itā€™s kinda the mach 1 / Bullitt problem because itā€™ll come down to how much faster or how much more power itā€™ll make VS the mustang gt. The bullitts Iā€™ve never felt were worth it over the mustang, this includes all the previous versions. Theyā€™re cool but itā€™s kinda like i hope you like a mustang gt with a few updated parts and a 10k charge. The mach 1 is more of a mixed bag the 03-04s are cool and have a superior engine vs the gtā€™s 2 valve, and it was with the up charge if you got it at msrp back in the day. The dark horse is really going into the unknown because we donā€™t really know how these cars are going to go down. Ford hasnā€™t really done this kinda thing as far as throwing more aggressive cams at something, because the dark horse could potentially be a good bargain if it makes significantly more power vs the gt when tuning is available. Letā€™s say a full bolt in mustang gt makes 550whp and the dark horse is 580whp with the same mods. Youā€™d be itā€™s worth it and if you wanna do any sort of boost the dark horse will do considerably better with the better transmission, rods and potentially block

So currently you canā€™t say whether itā€™s worth it or not till we start seeing them modify and tuned

Just my two cents

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
The kid's real. He has too much trust fund money and has a bunch of YouTube videos.
Heā€™s not a bad dude and he actually drives his stuff. But heā€™s like strang mode he really doesnā€™t know what the heck heā€™s talking about. Stang mode was dumb enough to take a 2020 GT500 and instead of working with someone like Ken a pale beach to advance his hp. He throws cams at it and other mods that the car didnā€™t need. Blows it up and cries

Like bro nobody is camming these GT500s youā€™re wasting your time and money stupid

OP
OP
activeGT

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Atlas Blue GT
Ford hasnā€™t really done this kinda thing as far as throwing more aggressive cams at something, because the dark horse could potentially be a good bargain if it makes significantly more power vs the gt when tuning is available. So currently you canā€™t say whether itā€™s worth it or not till we start seeing them modify and tuned. Just my two cents
Shoulda had the flat plane crank and the Tremec for the money. I have a regular old GT being built and I have a '23 ZL1 as well to make up for the crappy, low torque 5.0 and the MT 82.

OP
OP
activeGT

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Atlas Blue GT
Heā€™s not a bad dude and he actually drives his stuff. But heā€™s like strang mode he really doesnā€™t know what the heck heā€™s talking about. Stang mode was dumb enough to take a 2020 GT500 and instead of working with someone like Ken a pale beach to advance his hp. He throws cams at it and other mods that the car didnā€™t need. Blows it up and cries

Like bro nobody is camming these GT500s youā€™re wasting your time and money stupid
Still is amusing to watch! Wish I had his money when I was a kid. Oh, the cars I woulda owned!

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Shoulda had the flat plane crank and the Tremec for the money. I have a regular old GT being built and I have a '23 ZL1 as well to make up for the crappy, low torque 5.0 and the MT 82.
I completely agree or at the very least push it further why did it have to be a 500hp target. Why not push it to 8000rpm and make 530hp, it doesnā€™t have to have a flat plane crank to do this. I think the dark horse is a hold over for whatever ford has planned next. Itā€™s kinda like the 2001 cobra where in hindsight it was obvious SVT was dragging out the N/A for the terminatorā€™s development which ended up being true since early 2002 cobra prototypes where having a heck of a time making 340hp, and had massive torque losses down low. Variable cam timing is an amazing thing without it, svt was screwed and we got the terminator because the early N/a 4.6s ā€œ340hpā€ cars where dogs at the track

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
The dark horse is really going into the unknown because we donā€™t really know how these cars are going to go down. Ford hasnā€™t really done this kinda thing as far as throwing more aggressive cams at something, because the dark horse could potentially be a good bargain if it makes significantly more power vs the gt when tuning is available. Letā€™s say a full bolt in mustang gt makes 550whp and the dark horse is 580whp with the same mods.

So currently you canā€™t say whether itā€™s worth it or not till we start seeing them modify and tuned

Just my two cents
This is 1000% where I am. With this new camshaft and potentially different block (from that other post), the scenario you mentioned above would be a helpful nod for cost justification. As it sits, it's a tough sell for people already in a gen 3, especially one with a tremec.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350

but blowing up a GT500 will get way more attention than doing smart mods! That's all that goofball is after at this point

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
but blowing up a GT500 will get way more attention than doing smart mods! That's all that goofball is after at this point
I donā€™t know about that he got blasted pretty bad and heā€™s got more money than brains. Heā€™s the only YouTube car channel i really canā€™t stand because he doesnā€™t have a clue whatā€™s going on
Sponsored