• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Are the Recaros worth it?

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
Having DD'd the standard heated/cooled leather seats for almost 5 years and just recently upgrading to the Recaro's - the only real difference for me was not having an adjustable headrest. I drove the car from Texas to Ohio (~1000 miles) and that was the biggest drawback really. The number of times I actually used the heat/cool function I don't think were frequent enough that I will actually miss them. Nice, but not necessary.

The side bolstering you get from the Recaros though... 😗👌
As someone who has back issues (got rear-ended at a light by a class 7 truck while I was in a T-Bird), trust me, having heated seats is a must have for me. The seat must be comfortable for a long drive, and it must be heated so that it can help soothe the back. We use it every time we drive except in the summer, and then it's still used on occasion when the back starts hurting.

After being spoiled by our F-350 for 12 years, having a cooled seat in the summers is also something very high on the list. While it may not reach the level of a heated steering wheel (my wife is requiring that on our next truck), it's still pretty high on the list.
Sponsored

Grabber_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Not in a Mustang if they are the same as the S550 ones, which they look to be. The ones in my 1LE are much better than the Mustang ones I've sat in which are just not comfortable. But the biggest issue is that they are not ventilated, while the regular premium seats are.

Rag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550
If given the option to have default seats with power, heat, and cooling, or RECARO’S with none of that in the s650… would you still go Recaro’s?
I go power, heated /cooled seats, and a racing seat for track time.
The Recaro's are nice and all, but you give up to much for a seat that isn't really a race seat , it is on tracks that move, and back is not FIXED. They are great for others to look at at the cars and coffee that don't know better. They are nice supportive street driving seats no doubt. But useless If you track the car and plan on using a 4/5/6 point belt. In that use you want a fixed back seat and no seat tracks as you don't want the seat to move if the worst happens. My opinion, and you know they all stink.
Hot summer with black interior you'll love the cooling seats. Track days, it is a few bolts to swap to a proper racing seat.

pozi240

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT PP, 21 Bronco Wildtrak, 20 Ranger
Someone earlier in this thread (or possibly, another thread), mentioned that the new S650 Recaro's "must be ventilated" since they have perforations in the leather for them now. Well, the S550 Recaro's have ALWAYS had perforations in the leather (for breathing and comfort). I've attached pictures of the Recaro's in my current 2021 GT (you can clearly see the perforations). I love them and they are mega comfy! Our new S650 order has them as well... I did talk to a regional Ford rep for southern Ontario on the subject of cooled/heating ability on the new Recaro's... he wouldn't commit fully to an official answer, but, said they are working very hard to have active ventilation available at launch on the car. No word on heating functions though, but, I don't care about that part since I don't winter drive the car anyway.
S650 Mustang Are the Recaros worth it? red Recaro.JPG
S650 Mustang Are the Recaros worth it? red Recaro2.JPG

wusthof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 mustang gt vert, 2018 flex ecoboost
Do the recaros leave more or less space in the back seat? I ask because I'll be needing to fit a baby seat back there :cwl:
There's not a lot of space for anything let alone anyone no matter what kind of seats you have. A baby seat faced fwd with a touch of room for lil legs or criss cross apple sauce......rearward facing nfg. Been there, dun that

OP
OP
Cherry Orca

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6
Someone earlier in this thread (or possibly, another thread), mentioned that the new S650 Recaro's "must be ventilated" since they have perforations in the leather for them now. Well, the S550 Recaro's have ALWAYS had perforations in the leather (for breathing and comfort). I've attached pictures of the Recaro's in my current 2021 GT (you can clearly see the perforations). I love them and they are mega comfy! Our new S650 order has them as well... I did talk to a regional Ford rep for southern Ontario on the subject of cooled/heating ability on the new Recaro's... he wouldn't commit fully to an official answer, but, said they are working very hard to have active ventilation available at launch on the car. No word on heating functions though, but, I don't care about that part since I don't winter drive the car anyway.
red Recaro.JPG
red Recaro2.JPG
What’s this colour???

pozi240

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Showstopper Red. The S650 name is Carmine Red. Not sure if they are different. You will need a Premium car with the 401a package to get them.
Carmine Red is very dark (think Oxblood), and only available on the premium pkg "normal" seats. The Recaro's on the S650 are only available in Onyx (black), Space Grey (off white), or Indigo Blue (Dark Horse only). I love the Showstopper Red, but, it only works well with black or white cars I find (contrast)

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Carmine Red is very dark (think Oxblood), and only available on the premium pkg "normal" seats. The Recaro's on the S650 are only available in Onyx (black), Space Grey (off white), or Indigo Blue (Dark Horse only). I love the Showstopper Red, but, it only works well with black or white cars I find (contrast)
Just saw this on a thread about the 2024 dashboard. So is the Camine or Embargo?

S650 Mustang Are the Recaros worth it? 1678458263585

Last edited:

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Showstopper red? What a stupid name. When I read showstopper, Shawn Michaels from WWE comes to my mind lmao

pozi240

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Showstopper red? What a stupid name. When I read showstopper, Shawn Michaels from WWE comes to my mind lmao
Yeah, its a bit of funny name, but, Ford has been using that color name since the early S197 days.... I will say though... at car shows (and we go to a LOT of them, including Carlisle every year), we almost always get comments on the red interior on our black cars...... it does draw attention.

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red 401A Premium GT 6-speed, 2015 F-250
If given the option to have default seats with power, heat, and cooling, or RECARO’S with none of that in the s650… would you still go Recaro’s?
The Recaros in my 22 GT get more comfy every time I sit in them. And I am plus sized. Lol
I don't need a heated or cooled seat so I really diesn't matter. As a daily driver I would still stay with the Recaros.
Sponsored