• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is 401a equipment group worth it?

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6
Just like the title asks… is it worth it for the 401a equipment group? Thoughts? Let’s chat!
Sponsored

AllthePonies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco
I liked the leather, memory seat function, digital display with horizontal RPM garage, adaptive cruise, and pony projection lamps on my S550. It’s not necessary, but certainly nice to have.

OP
OP
Cherry Orca

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6
I liked the leather, memory seat function, digital display with horizontal RPM garage, adaptive cruise, and pony projection lamps on my S550. It’s not necessary, but certainly nice to have.
Awesome!

Grabber_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Most of that comes with the premium package for the S650 now, except for the adaptive cruise and memory basically.

Last edited:

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
co-pilot assist+, better sound system, "leather" wrapped knee bolster and center console with accent stitch, accented seat belts, better leather in the seats and as foolish as it sounds, it appeals to me but.... integrated turn signals in the side mirrors. I think it's a good value.

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LB Ecoboost 6mt pony pack vert, 06 EB Explorer
The"Co-Pilot360™ Assist+" package seems to have most of the goodies though...adaptive cruise, b&o, nav...for less that half the price($1100 for stick). Leather seats are standard on the gt premium, just without the accent stitch, and security is standard on the vert.
Thinking it's a misprint, doesn't make sense.

AllthePonies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The"Co-Pilot360™ Assist+" package seems to have most of the goodies though...adaptive cruise, b&o, nav...for less that half the price($1100 for stick). Leather seats are standard on the gt premium, just without the accent stitch, and security is standard on the vert.
Thinking it's a misprint, doesn't make sense.
The standard “leather” is leather trimmed front seats with vinyl back seats. The vinyl is good quality if it’s the same that they put in my 2019 Expedition, but some prefer leather.

OP
OP
Cherry Orca

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6
The standard “leather” is leather trimmed front seats with vinyl back seats. The vinyl is good quality if it’s the same that they put in my 2019 Expedition, but some prefer leather.
So if I get the 401a package does that mean the rear seats are now leather? Same with the front seats?

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
Not worth it in the convertible. BTW, if you have the performance exhaust package, would that drown out the B&O stereo system?

Last edited:

AllthePonies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So if I get the 401a package does that mean the rear seats are now leather? Same with the front seats?
Upon closer inspection, no. The only change appears to be color accented front leather trimmed seats. It also looks like you can order most parts of the 401A package as separate options.

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the premium plus package on my 2018, with the premium trimmed seats. I ended up taking them off to put on katzkin leather in another color.
When the factory Premium Plus leather seats where off I could see that the only part of the seats that were leather ( you can tell from behind because vinyl is thinner and there's no suede) were the front seat Center inserts. Otherwise, side bolsters, headrest, all of the rear seats, and even the lower front bolster were all vinyl :/

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You also get mirror turn signals, memory seats, and other premium trimmed items like contrast Stitch dashboard and soft covered Center console. I have a few tears on my soft covered center console on my 2018, it's pretty but it's kind of annoying. Sometimes you throw random shit on the passenger seat and that's when it can get small tears.

Upon closer inspection, no. The only change appears to be color accented front leather trimmed seats. It also looks like you can order most parts of the 401A package as separate options.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I think we have had the conversation before. Yes, it's worth it if you want the included features. None of us can tell you that.

So, one by one, you decide if it is worth it.

B&O® Sound System by Bang & Olufsen®, 12 Speakers including Subwoofer in-trunk
Decent system for the money. But if you are an audiophile or music freak, you will must likely want to upgrade at least the speakers

Illuminated Door-sill Scuff Plates
These are really look nice if you are into lighting.

Security Package (Standard on Convertible)
● Active Anti-Theft System ● Locking Center Console ● Wheel Locking Kit
Totally worth it if you are even the least amount concerned about theft.

Premier Trim with Color Accent Group
● Accent Stitched Center Console Lid, Wrapped Knee Bolsters with Accent Stitch, and Shifter Boot
● Color-accented Leather-Trimmed Seats
● Premium Floor Mats with Metal Gray Accent Stitch
● Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel – 5-Piece w/ Chrome Bezel ● Seat Belt w/ Color Accent
● Unique Color-accented Door-Trim
● Wrapped Center Console with Accent Stitch
This is the big one. Really upgrades the interior. Go see one and you will understand.

Memory: Driver Seat (three (3) settings), Mirrors with Integrated Turn Signals
Both worthwhile features. I use the memory seats to set my mirrors at different levels.

Ford Co-Pilot360TM Assist+
● Adaptive Speed Control – when equipped with 6-speed Manual Transmission (44X)
● Adaptive Speed Control w/ Stop & Go – when equipped with 10-speed SelectShift® Automatic Transmission (44U)
● Lane-Keeping System with Lane-Keeping Assist and Lane Departure Warning includes Driver Alert System, Road Departure Warning and Blind Spot Assist – when equipped with 6-speed Manual Transmission (44X) Note: Lane Centering Assist is also included with Lane-Keeping System when equipped with 10-speed SelectShift® Automatic Transmission (44U)
● Pre-Collision Assist with Camera & Radar Fusion and Evasive Steering Assist
● Speed Sign Recognition with Intelligent Speed Assist – when equipped with 6-speed Manual Transmission (44X)
● Speed Sign Recognition with Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control and Intelligent Speed Assist – when equipped with 10-speed SelectShift® Automatic Transmission (44U)
● Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System with Pinch-to-Zoom Capability
Ford in their infinite wisdom puts the nav system into a safety package.
I use adaptive cruise all the time. Lane keeping turned off. Pre-collision has saved me from an accident once. Totally worth it. I do not have speed sigh recognition.
I like having nav when I use my phone screen for my dashcam.

There you have it every feature offered on the 401A. Now it's your turn to decide.
Sponsored